Teams 2018 Fantasy - Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first draft done which leaves me 156K. Have at it everyone, any feedback will be appreciated.

DEF: Laird ~ Simpson ~ Lloyd ~ Wilson ~ Mitch Hibberd ~ Doedee
INT: Cumming and Mirra

MID: Mitchell ~ Josh Kelly ~ Dayne Beams ~ Rockliff ~ Joel Selwood ~ LDU ~ Tim Kelly ~ Dom Barry
INT: Dow and Freeman

RUCKS: Gawn and Naitanui
INT: English and Cameron

FWD: Billings ~ Heeney ~ Christensen ~ Lobb ~ Jack Higgins ~ Ahern
INT: Venables and Switkowski

Last edited:
Got my first draft done which leaves me 156K. Have at it everyone, any feedback will be appreciated.

DEF: Laird ~ Simpson ~ Lloyd ~ Wilson ~ Mitch Hibberd ~ Doedee
INT: Cumming and Mirra

MID: Mitchell ~ Josh Kelly ~ Dayne Beams ~ Rockliff ~ Joel Selwood ~ LDU ~ Tim Kelly ~ Dom Barry
INT: Dow and Freeman

RUCKS: Gawn and Naitanui
INT: English and Cameron

FWD: Billings ~ Heeney ~ Christensen ~ Lobb ~ Jack Higgins ~ Ahern
INT: Venables and Switkowski

I reckon you've got a pretty good stock standard structure team, a tad heavy on the r14 bye but there's plenty of time to deal with that.
Simpson is a fair r1 loophole vc option, but r2 (Ade V Rich) doesn't have a credible loophole vc option.
Swapping Kelly for Dusty would take care of that and then swing Kelly back in r3.

I reckon you've got a pretty good stock standard structure team, a tad heavy on the r14 bye but there's plenty of time to deal with that.
Simpson is a fair r1 loophole vc option, but r2 (Ade V Rich) doesn't have a credible loophole vc option.
Swapping Kelly for Dusty would take care of that and then swing Kelly back in r3.
actually i just saw you have Laird who could be VC in r2?

*Team subject to change
View attachment 454005

Some similar names to mine.

One thing I’d add is that if your looking for a West Coast mid to up there fantasy game in the absence of Mitchell and Priddis than Brandon Ah Chee will be a mid pricer that goes up quickly. Priced at an avg. of under 70 pts at the moment I think.

Has come over from the Power to fill that specific inside mid need that he couldn’t regularly break into Port’s best 22 doing.

Good numbers from the SANFL and would be my preferred to Redden. I tend to not pick Eagles in DT Classic unless there dirt cheap like Venables or heavily discounted like Nic Nat but.

69vnNG.png

First draft of my team. Feel a bit naked without Danger and Merrett.

Think the back line may be a little stacked. Downgrade so you can get another premium mid or fwd?

He has Tom Mitchell so i wouldnt be worried about changing your side just for vc loopholes. Lets be honest those back flanksrs would need 125+ for you not to go with Titchell as skipper if hes in your side

He has Tom Mitchell so i wouldnt be worried about changing your side just for vc loopholes. Lets be honest those back flanksrs would need 125+ for you not to go with Titchell as skipper if hes in your side
fair enough, taking that 125 vc does mitigate any injury risk. free shots at big captains scores should be used where possible.

last year Titch went 128 and 125 in r1 & r2, potential loophole captains Murphy r1 (139) and Sloane r2 (152) .

Last edited:
I reckon Harleys career is over, but you have plenty of time to change that. I agree with Ah Chee as a better option, but ud use him as a FWD option. IF you or i was to pick him, which currently i am not... for now
Thing is, we know Redden can go 100+ for a season, given the right confidence from the coaching team. Without Mitchell and Priddis, he could go bang. Or he could flop and not even get a game. Who I go with will depend somewhat on the preseason.

Seen quite a few teams with Wilson in them. I am intrigued by him but do people really see him increasing his average by 20-25 points he needs to be a good pick?

I’m a current owner. Will watch his form closely over the JLT because if he gets that HB role that Blakely and Ryan played he can get big scores.

The gap between his better scores and low scores needs to be a fair bit less also.

With Wilson and likely Williams gone at GWS is anyone tempted by Heater or is the risk and tag potential to high? I was close to picking him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m a current owner. Will watch his form closely over the JLT because if he gets that HB role that Blakely and Ryan played he can get big scores.

The gap between his better scores and low scores needs to be a fair bit less also.

With Wilson and likely Williams gone at GWS is anyone tempted by Heater or is the risk and tag potential to high? I was close to picking him.
it's a wait and see for me

Yea i do like Wilson as an option but very scared that he will burn me as well. I think he is high risk high reward which is the sort of player i have avoided in previous years. Think he might be one i take the punt on this season.

Heater is an interesting one, no doubt he is under priced on potential but his previous season and age is turning me off of him i think. I don't think he will be a top 6 defender at the end of the season and i don't think he will earn enough money to be a cash grab. Will very much be a JLT watch though.

My first original team i had heater, that quickly changed, but he is on the radar, i think he still might get sat on a bit this season.

Yea i do like Wilson as an option but very scared that he will burn me as well. I think he is high risk high reward which is the sort of player i have avoided in previous years. Think he might be one i take the punt on this season.

Heater is an interesting one, no doubt he is under priced on potential but his previous season and age is turning me off of him i think. I don't think he will be a top 6 defender at the end of the season and i don't think he will earn enough money to be a cash grab. Will very much be a JLT watch though.
What about Brayden Maynard or Angus Brayshaw as an option in the backs?

Natanui will likely miss round 1 and not be at his best until next year. I also reckon he will be rested at least 3 or 4 times during the season.

I'm happy to have him there until there is a definitive answer either way.

upload_2018-1-28_22-30-38.png

Here is my attempt (dont ask me how many times i have revised this team - i have lost count). I have 159k in the kitty and would like to gt another premo mid.... but cant figure out how or who.

Nearly 80-90% or teams are going with the Nicnat Gawn combo. We will all be in the same boat. I much more want him to play and play well as a WCE supporter than a dream teamer, but id take both

At his price he's a no brainer if fit and ready to go. SC I'm avoiding him as the discount is far less.

Is anyone else tempted to skip titch and danger for a few rounds while their breakevens are high and get them round 3 or 4??

Absolutely. Cant see titch hitting 127 first few rounds. Opposition teams wont give him the freedom this year. Jaegar was on my never again, but hes looking fit and will hopefully be freed up with the titch attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back