Mod. Notice 2018 finals ticketing - update (10/9): semi-final member tix on sale now (AFL members tomorrow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked as per usual given the experience with Finals tickets, M15 Row C.

Good luck to all Mighty Fighting members, hope you all get tickets who try, bring on next Thursday!

Trying to purchase now and stuck in the Groundhog Day loop.

hang in there just got 5 tix cat 4 at 11:20 waiting since 11.

Much smoother today. Didn't get exactly where I wanted, but still pretty happy with location (N30).

They probably put more server capacity in, but how hard would it have been to stagger the times for the different games yesterday?

Last edited:
I buy 5 memberships for my family. After going through the hoops of Category 1, Ticketek tells me there are no tickets available and perhaps buy fewer! Same with Category 2 and a time out.

Eventually purchased 5x Category 5(!!) tickets, seated together. Q53 up the back.

Wierd that if we make the GF I will get better seats than these.

Hope you all were luckier than me.

GO HAWKS!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_2127.jpg
This is what comes up when Richmond members put in there codes. Have any of you got tickets any of these bays? Can't work out whether these bays are for Richmond members or for both clubs?

got em!

worked like a dream today, except for the ridiculous time clock counting down

was on at 11, was assigned shitty seats so took the risk to have another crack.... took a few minutes to get back in...and then only had the option of cat 2 or 5...was hoping for 3 or 4.....but i guess they all gone?

anyway, great seats in M52

pumped

View attachment 551172
This is what comes up when Richmond members put in there codes. Have any of you got tickets any of these bays? Can't work out whether these bays are for Richmond members or for both clubs?

If they have any sense at all they will have seperated the bays otherwise it is going to get feral

View attachment 551172
They are Richmond bays. Ours were the ones inbetween. We had m6,7,10,11,14,15. M31-35. M50,52. Can't remember the rest of M or Q level.

Last edited:
View attachment 551172
All MCG finals I’ve attended, they seem to seperate clubs supporters 2 bays at a time. Hope that helps

Looks like the purchasing is being redirected to a different URL from yesterday

Yep - it kicked out from the Ticketek App to open a page in a Safari Private browser for me (and I usually use Chrome). Was quite strange and different to experience yesterday - at least for me and from my memory.

Still took 30 minutes. Ugh.

The traffic is not monumental - ought to be able to scale to a few 100,000 users without this hassle.

CS

View attachment 551172
This is what comes up when Richmond members put in there codes. Have any of you got tickets any of these bays? Can't work out whether these bays are for Richmond members or foor both clubs?

This is the Hawthorn update FYI

D65DA213-CFB9-48C8-8D1E-2983A3BCA973.png

I presume the AFL would endeavour to split bays 50/50 amongst Victorian clubs but given Richmond's numerical advantage in terms of club membership (100,000 v 80,000) its likely they've allocated / Richmond's demand has warranted more bays in the upper decks.

Presuming both clubs sell out their M, N and P allocations it would be logical that club membership is split 60/40 in Richmond's favour on the night. Or perhaps I'm completely off?

Max 50k seats shared among club members. Perhaps easily 50-50.

I’d imagine mcc and afl members significantly more tigers supporters, hawks aren’t well represented there

That’s a myth

Hawthorn actually has more MCC ‘supporters’ then Richmond according to the MCC itself. We’re actually 4th or 5th for MCC members

http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=224

The AFL reserve numbers are a little hard to come by but in the 2015 Annual Report Richmond had 4,600 AFL members and we had 4,200

Whether this has any bearing on Thursday I’m not shre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back