2018 Mid-pricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not starting with him but Toby McLean is very interesting. Looks like he has moved in front of Dahlhaus in the midfield rotation. Pricey at 470k and has a reputation as a ducker (as did Sicily) but on an upward trajectory. Accurate shot at goal too. Think I prefer him to Dahl but both may eventually make my Fwd line. Big advantage having the round12 bye and being F/Mids.

Taking Barlow as a POD F2. Scored well until his injury this year and won the time trial at the Suns so should score heavily with Gaz gone.

The byes plus Heeney's op have scared me off the top forwards apart from Billings.

Not starting with him but Toby McLean is very interesting. Looks like he has moved in front of Dahlhaus in the midfield rotation. Pricey at 470k and has a reputation as a ducker (as did Sicily) but on an upward trajectory. Accurate shot at goal too. Think I prefer him to Dahl but both may eventually make my Fwd line. Big advantage having the round12 bye and being F/Mids.

Taking Barlow as a POD F2. Scored well until his injury this year and won the time trial at the Suns so should score heavily with Gaz gone.

The byes plus Heeney's op have scared me off the top forwards apart from Billings.
Barlow won the 2k hmmmm
I couldn't, could I

I can see the appeal of Lobb at F3/4.

Personally probably won’t touch for now. Currently running with Heeney/Sexy Robbie/Dollhouse/Cyril.
Once Mummy was injured, Lobbs scoring improved as R1, compared to his annual SC ave of 74

upload_2017-12-18_22-27-13.png

I sort of wanted to keep this quiet and he is having a ripper Pre Season and will get mid field minutes this season in a nightmare match up for opposition teams as he is even more fitter this season than last and will run all day at 6ft 6" with great hands. His final 7 or so games last season were excellent and Charlie is very capable of exploding this season.

408k forward and i am rolling the dice on him!

EXCITING BLUE IS THE AFL’S NEXT BREAKOUT STAR
HE showed glimpses of his immense potential last season, but Charlie Curnow will well and truly emerge as the game’s best young prospect in 2018.

Curnow finished last season with a bang, consistently impressing with his incredible marking ability and his smarts around goal. But with more midfield time, he’ll take another leap next year.

The 20-year-old is unlike any other young player in the game. He’s big, has a huge tank and combines incredible athleticism with a strong pair of hands.

Curnow can play both forward and midfield and has Carlton fans dreaming of another ‘Kouta’. We think he’ll look more and more like him with each passing game next season.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fo...n/news-story/a179cb1594ac740646a96298d60ac307

I sort of wanted to keep this quiet and he is having a ripper Pre Season and will get mid field minutes this season in a nightmare match up for opposition teams as he is even more fitter this season than last and will run all day at 6ft 6" with great hands. His final 7 or so games last season were excellent and Charlie is very capable of exploding this season.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/fo...n/news-story/a179cb1594ac740646a96298d60ac307
Midfield really? Didn't see much of the blues last year but certainly being talked up. Cheers

Midfield really? Didn't see much of the blues last year but certainly being talked up. Cheers

He roamed there in patches last season very late and was dominant in stages.

From Rd16 last season he tonned up 4 times and also had a 97 in there with 12 goals while not even being a perma forward.

Barring injury there is no way he goes backwards.

Dawson Simpson is very undervalued on this site. He’s played some really serviceable footy for GWS, and will certainly play games barring injury. How many? I don’t know. Lobb will be the #1 choice I assume but Simpson will be thereabouts.

Plus can anyone really see Rory Lobb averaging above 85? I sure as hell cant, regardless of his Mumford-less form. Staying well away at this point, especially as he has no DPP.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Lobb will average over 100.
85 and he gets kicked from my team.

Last edited:

Picking Curnow was never gonna be kept quite haha
Clearly has the tools to be an SC stud.

I dont think he'll be too relevant this year, personally I think that Oliver (Bont too, but not as piggish) going full pig mode last season so early into his career has people expecting a bunch of other young blokes to emulate his rise and I just can't see it.

That being said I'll definitely look to sneak him into my draft team!

Picking Curnow was never gonna be kept quite haha
Clearly has the tools to be an SC stud.

I dont think he'll be too relevant this year, personally I think that Oliver (Bont too, but not as piggish) going full pig mode last season so early into his career has people expecting a bunch of other young blokes to emulate his rise and I just can't see it.

That being said I'll definitely look to sneak him into my draft team!

Averaged 74 last season and we barely really used him till late in the season when he went on with some massive games.

He can easily up the 74 average to 90 odd or more and for 400k i can see plenty of worse options around!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Averaged 74 last season and we barely really used him till late in the season when he went on with some massive games.

He can easily up the 74 average to 90 odd or more and for 400k i can see plenty of worse options around!

Yeah I don't think he's a bad pick, just don't think he'll push a 90 ave yet.
Hopefully I'm wrong and he breaks out this year, I'd certainly bring him in if he shows a bit more, the rest of the forward line is woeful so he could be a godsend.

Watched every game of his like i do all players, he's coming for sure...very excited what he can bring...
At his price there are better options.

Watched every game of his like i do all players, he's coming for sure...very excited what he can bring...
At his price there are better options.

Who at 400k is better value?

I see an article that McGrath will play mostly mid next year. What do you marvellous kents seeing him ave?

388k of defensive goodness
Its a tough one, i can see him potentially going 85 average this year with maybe 90 at the most but imo will be somewhere between 80-85 which is neither here nor there in terms of 1 being a keeper or 2 making enough money to trade up to a keeper.

Theres going to alot of players for Essendon pushing for midfield minutes this year like Stringer, Smith, Parish and obviously McGrath but i cant imagine he will play full time mid. More likely to be a bit of run off the half back mixed with a bit of mid time and maybe even a bit of time up forward.

Having said all that the kid is n absolute gun and id quite happily swallow my words if he did go 90+

He roamed there in patches last season very late and was dominant in stages.

From Rd16 last season he tonned up 4 times and also had a 97 in there with 12 goals while not even being a perma forward.

Barring injury there is no way he goes backwards.
Blues were competent last year, still not convinced of the forward line and how much ball it will see. But he is on my watch list. Thanks!

If Curnow gets decent midfield minutes or can play as that roaming N Riewoldt type then maybe. However could be a roller coaster ride. Thinking around that price range Lobb Sicily if he plays back, Parrish and Petracca will likely average more. Petracca is 25k more so maybe not in the conversation. Anyone in the price range is a risk and if it pays off it’s massive.

Definitely considering McGrath. He was piggy at TAC cup level, and think he’ll Slot straight into our midfield getting 24-25 touches a game. The low scores he got last year don’t concern me bacuase as a lockdown small defender there’s not really many ways to rack up points but he still managed 70ppg.

Not so sure about Parish. His game doesn’t seem to be too supercoach friendly so far despite playing a decent amount of midfield time. I mean in 40 games so far he’s yet to record a single ton, even when kick a couple of goals and getting 25 touches. He would have to pump out 2 really good scores in the jlt and show that he’s picking up some of the slack left with jobes retirement for me to condsider him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back