2018 pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there really any need to respond in such a combative manner to what was a genuine discussion point? In my experience it is these posters who are the first to roll out the 'if you don't like it don't read it' type posts but also see nothing wrong with posting in a manner which discourages active debate. Maybe the OP could have had a photo but that is hardly a reason to denigrate what is a fair enough (and very off-season specific) type of post.

The problem with your original post is that it makes a whole host of assumptions all of them negative and then utilised as the basis for your argument. Sure some of the ways its been responded to may be a bit too much but you've literally gone the whole worst case scenario.

I'll give you two examples.

1. If you were to look at my photos of christmas day i've got an alcoholic drink in my hand in each one. You'd clearly think i was boozing all day. The reality is i had 3 beers the whole of christmas day. A single snapshot in time does not tell an accurate story, nor does even 10 in a whole day.

2. I have a friend who is at falls festival. He's staying in a private house that has cost him several thousands of dollars just south of byron and drives to the festival each day. He barely drinks and is a vegetarian (vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options are all catered for at the festival). He's also been up every morning having a surf while he's been there and a beach run.

I think the issue is you have a certain pre conceived idea about what going to a festival actually means and the facilities that are there, and while it probably was true when i went to my first one (Vans Warped tour 99) the reality in this day and age is very very different, especially when you choose to do so.

They may be staying in a house away from the site, they may be staying in a rv or campervan, they may be camping, however none of those (nor going to a festival) means that they're getting continually pissed, eating absolute crap and not maintaining their exercise programs and making statement based off the assumption that this is the activity they're doing is not only wrong but pretty poor.
Interesting, I actually just returned from falls today and I would be lying if I said it wasn't a loose few days. I do accept not everyone is there to do the same however in my purely anecdotal experience there is a certain culture around music festivals especially for young lads to go as hard as possible.

I don't know what the boys got up to there and did not see them there at any stage however it is certainly possible they were there to blow off some steam. As I said earlier, if it were that big a deal I don't think they would risk the coaches finding out by posting pictures on their personal social media accounts.

On a side note the festival was absolutely brilliant this year in my view.

I’ve never been to a fesitival but I once drove past BDO when it was at Parklands. I think that gives me the ability to make outlandish claims based on zero evidence. From that 30 seconds I believe 100% all all festival goers are drunks, drugs users, pump and dump types if they’re guys and strippers if they are girls. Case closed.

That's what I said.:cool:

Not really. If that was the point you were trying to make then you really need to take a good look at how you respond to people because at no stage was what you said close to what I did. Something g to think about

Not really. If that was the point you were trying to make then you really need to take a good look at how you respond to people because at no stage was what you said close to what I did. Something g to think about
I was actually being facetious, but for the record;

The problem with your original post is that it makes a whole host of assumptions all of them negative and then utilised as the basis for your argument. <snip>
1. If you were to look at my photos of christmas day i've got an alcoholic drink in my hand in each one. You'd clearly think i was boozing all day. The reality is i had 3 beers the whole of christmas day. A single snapshot in time does not tell an accurate story, nor does even 10 in a whole day.
<snip>
I think the issue is you have a certain pre conceived idea about what going to a festival actually means and the facilities that are there, and while it probably was true when i went to my first one (Vans Warped tour 99) the reality in this day and age is very very different, especially when you choose to do so.
They may be staying in a house away from the site, they may be staying in a rv or campervan, they may be camping, however none of those (nor going to a festival) means that they're getting continually pissed, eating absolute crap and not maintaining their exercise programs and making statement based off the assumption that this is the activity they're doing is not only wrong but pretty poor.
Not necessarily all in my first response, and definitely not as politely, but certainly in subsequent posts, the bolded are the gist of it.

I'll tone it down and let this argument go. Yes I was combative and arrogant, but gee there's some sensitive types who don't like themselves or others being called out for posting what I believe was a very silly statement with sillier "evidence". What ever happened to robust discussion?

I was actually being facetious, but for the record;

Not necessarily all in my first response, and definitely not as politely, but certainly in subsequent posts, the bolded are the gist of it.

I'll tone it down and let this argument go. Yes I was combative and arrogant, but gee there's some sensitive types who don't like themselves or others being called out for posting what I believe was a very silly statement with sillier "evidence". What ever happened to robust discussion?

It's a matter of showing respect to others when debating which you didn't do. Shit happens, we've all overstepped the line at one time or another - best to just see that, apologize and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must agree, looking forward to the season kick off, even the pre season stuff. I don’t worry so much about pics of players with a beer in their hands or at a music festival because most of the time the pic is devoid of context.
If there is any amount of excess at all it will be picked up back at training pretty quickly as the affect on any players fitness levels will be exposed quickly.
I don’t waste emotion on things that I can’t control.
What is evident to me is the hard work the boys are doing even in their Christmas break period. Anyone not doing it will get found out pretty quick.

Must agree, looking forward to the season kick off, even the pre season stuff. I don’t worry so much about pics of players with a beer in their hands or at a music festival because most of the time the pic is devoid of context.
If there is any amount of excess at all it will be picked up back at training pretty quickly as the affect on any players fitness levels will be exposed quickly.
I don’t waste emotion on things that I can’t control.
What is evident to me is the hard work the boys are doing even in their Christmas break period. Anyone not doing it will get found out pretty quick.
Hey Robbie, with you having some inside knowledge what does the fitness program look like for the players while they’re on a break?

I can confirm that one particular KPP today did a 10k run, gym session then an hour of pilaties before midday.
After that: couch/cricket, fridge, couch/cricket, fridge, couch cricket... ;);)

Would you say he's a hip guy?

Remove this Banner Ad

2018 pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back