2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i noticed this the day after i posted it haha, was a piss wrecked mess that night. I assume my drunk fingers were trying to type Macrae but god only knows what was going on in my head.
Was it lock Hurn at D1?

My latest iteration. A bit of risk but the upside is HUGE! $93.6K in the bank.
View attachment 460928

Rookies are set in jelly at the moment - will look at locking based on JLT form.

Defenders
If Aliir Aliir gets a fair bit of ruck time in JLT he will be coming in possibly for Wilson.

Midfield
Pretty happy with my selections here - others in the mix for M5 and M6 are Cripps and Coniglio but think the upside of Rocky and JOM much greater than the music factory (C&C).

Rucks
Ruck line has been the one that I have cogitated over more than any other line. Gawn is locked and loaded and I've decided on Sandi at R2 as he seems to be tracking well in pre-season, he's publicly stated he wants to play every game and there is an injury concern with Sean Darcy. I just want him on the park and scoring for 10 rounds then look at upgrading to Ryder or the best available ruck.

Forwards
Heeny locked and key thrown away. Job security and upside of lunch meat and Curnow looks to be huge and Simpkin will play every game for North - will be closely watching his JLT for SC scoring.

Thoughts people?

Way, way too many risky/iffy players. I have Wilson, I like the Curnow pick. But then you throw in Rocky, JOM, Burton, Smith, McDonald, Sandilands. How many of those 8 risky & mid pricers do you think will turn into keepers? How many are just going to stall your cash generation?

Simpkin is just too much for what he'll deliver in terms of cash OR points. Setterfield is in a similar position but slightly more attractive at below $200k. Throw Brodie & LDU into the mix and you've got $830k in 4 rookies. If you're lucky, 250 points. Put a Premium in with 3 rookies and you're going to get a lot closer to 300 plus generate a lot more cash.

That's before you start thinking about how many trades you're going to burn and trying to find rookies in rounds 5, 6 & 7

I'm just not sure about anything yet. Some feedback on this side would be much appreciated. View attachment 461186View attachment 461187

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Interesting team.

Forward line is too light on for mine. Not sure on Florent, don’t think you’ll get much value out of him.

Defense is a huge risk with both Shaw and Pittard. Would take Wilson or Sicily over Pittard. You’d want Hannebery to return to his best.

I'm just not sure about anything yet. Some feedback on this side would be much appreciated. View attachment 461186View attachment 461187

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

First team I've seen with Pittard. Don't hate it.

I don't think Shaw will go back to the rebound role he's had previously.

Zorko gets tagged out way to easily and opposition are right onto it now. Rocky gone only makes sure that's going to happen.

Hanners will play rd.1 but I won't be taking in an underdone player.

I like Grundy. I don't think Cox will be as big an impact on his scoring as many people are saying. Cox is going to play predominantly fwd.

Florent will be a gun but not a great SC player at this stage. Too pricey and the return just isn't there in points or cash. Not convinced on Raynor. Seems too pricey for a first year player. Especially when there's so many rookie options fwd.

Thoughts on this new beast of a team?

Went Crouch down to Cripps and squeezed in Brayshaw at D5 due to garbo options.

View attachment 461188

Is Brayshaw a keeper? If he's not, get a rookie.

I don't see any value in Lycett at all. Unless NicNat is gone for the season, he's a dead set liability in your SC team.

Strong midfield.

I'd have one of Christensen or Setterfield.

I don't see any value in Lycett at all. Unless NicNat is gone for the season, he's a dead set liability in your SC team.

Strong midfield.

Rookie defenders though? Such a lack of options. Not confident any of them will get a continuous run of games.

That’s my main concern.

Would love any thoughts pos/neg on my current situation, especially any suggestions on better options.
Thanks!

Attachments

• #1.png
    #1.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 10
Would love any thoughts pos/neg on my current situation, especially any suggestions on better options.
Thanks!

I think Jacobs is top priced and about 7th ranked ruck. Reasonably consistent but no upside and if NicNat, Grundy, Martin, Ryder, Kruezer or even Goldy start going on a big run, it will hurt.

Pendles is cooked. Gun but I think he'll fall out of top 10 mids this year.

I like that fwd line. Pretty risky but I like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rookie defenders though? Such a lack of options. Not confident any of them will get a continuous run of games.

That’s my main concern.
They will crop up, they always do. Just have a plan for a stronger D4 if need be, don't need to bat as deep as you have IMO.

I think Jacobs is top priced and about 7th ranked ruck. Reasonably consistent but no upside and if NicNat, Grundy, Martin, Ryder, Kruezer or even Goldy start going on a big run, it will hurt.

I like that fwd line. Pretty risky but I like it.

Yeah I've been swapping rucks between Jacobs and Ryder, haven't really thought about those other options so that's food for thought.

I'm hoping for a bounce back for Pendles. I think he'll still score 100+ consistently.

Forward line is a risk but I think a lot of people are preparing to take the risk on that line.

Thanks!

Strong midfield.

Brayshaw to Keefe
Ellis to Wilson
Setterfield to Higgins
Then
Lycett to Ryder?

Lot of downgrading but it gives me Gawn and Ryder in The rucks

2018-02-19 (2).png
First Crack.

Thinking of going J. Kelly to an Oliver or T Mitch; alternatively downgrade to Cogs and upgrade a few rookie or a premo. Lobb and a few other campaigners pending JLT/round 1 selection. Not liking Laird this year as he may get a lot of work put into him.

View attachment 461228
First Crack.

Thinking of going J. Kelly to an Oliver or T Mitch; alternatively downgrade to Cogs and upgrade a few rookie or a premo. Lobb and a few other campaigners pending JLT/round 1 selection. Not liking Laird this year as he may get a lot of work put into him.
Ease up on that forward line (lots of value/rookies) and beef up the midfield a tad. I'd punt on one of Wilson/Sicily, not both.

DEF: Rance, Hurley, Yeo, Mirra, Bonner, O Shea, Perryman, Cole

M: Dusty, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Trelor, JOM, J.Graham, T.Kelly, Davies-Unikia, Dow, Worpel, Garlett

R: Nic Nat, Gawn, English

F: Wingard, Walters, J.Higgins, Varcoe, Petracca, Christensen, Ahern, Ryan

Backline and Forwards need a bit of work

M: Dusty, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Trelor, JOM, J.Graham, T.Kelly, Davies-Unikia, Dow, Worpel, Garlett

Bit light in the mids, I'd switch Varcoe to a rookie and upgrade Jaeger. Would go Hibberd instead of Hurley. Not sure if Bonner is a lock in Port's 22. Otherwise pretty solid

View attachment 461228
First Crack.

A premium mid short.

I like the McGovern pick.

Hate Jacobs & Lobb. If Lobb was R/F I'd be onto him with Mummy gone but he's not going to be a top scoring ruck.

Gone to hard in the fwd line.

That backline could go massive, but more likely blow up in your face. There's no value with any of those picks and plenty of scope for them to fail. I'd be a little more safety conscious.

Don't start me on Treloar.

Im hoping most coaches go in with this mindset this year. He is still an absolute gun. Tore apart their practice matches recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back