2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post-AFLX V.1

FQ5GdNd.png

Post-AFLX V.1

FQ5GdNd.png
Tut tut ......Rich? ....thought he would be SC dead for most ?

Like the side & your thinking, but Petracca @ F2 is a massive gamble that's hard to justify?

I have Sicily too, would be good to replace Rich with Sicily, freeing up some money to add another forward premium at F2 .....and push Petracca if you like him to F3

With Sicily though, look for a another Fwd / def player so you can rotate Sicily between forward's and Defense ......makes him even more valuable

He’s just more of a small forward. Don’t like picking pure forwards for my premis. Don’t see him getting much time in the middle.

Just don’t get good vibes from him either. Don’t ask me why

Bloke will break out this year.. Started the year off slowly but went on a brilliant run in the middle of the year where he scored 6/7 hundreds then finished off the year with 4 hundreds in 5 games.

As for being a small forward, he only kicked 23 goals which for a small forward would be an ok return. It was everything else he brings that is brilliant. 6th in total goal assists, 17th in score involvements.

He’s just more of a small forward. Don’t like picking pure forwards for my premis. Don’t see him getting much time in the middle.

Just don’t get good vibes from him either. Don’t ask me why
Billings isn’t a pure small forward one bit, he’s a high half forward/wing and sometimes cruises around half back. If he can learn to kick straight he’ll average 100.

Bloke will break out this year.. Started the year off slowly but went on a brilliant run in the middle of the year where he scored 6/7 hundreds then finished off the year with 4 hundreds in 5 games.

As for being a small forward, he only kicked 23 goals which for a small forward would be an ok return. It was everything else he brings that is brilliant. 6th in total goal assists, 17th in score involvements.
23 goals but 36 behinds, and a lot of them were pretty poor misses. Ben Dixon has been employed by the club as a goal kicking coach so hopefully that helps him somewhat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My latest iteration. A bit of risk but the upside is HUGE! $93.6K in the bank.
upload_2018-2-18_12-55-5.png

Rookies are set in jelly at the moment - will look at locking based on JLT form.

Defenders
If Aliir Aliir gets a fair bit of ruck time in JLT he will be coming in possibly for Wilson.

Midfield
Pretty happy with my selections here - others in the mix for M5 and M6 are Cripps and Coniglio but think the upside of Rocky and JOM much greater than the music factory (C&C).

Rucks
Ruck line has been the one that I have cogitated over more than any other line. Gawn is locked and loaded and I've decided on Sandi at R2 as he seems to be tracking well in pre-season, he's publicly stated he wants to play every game and there is an injury concern with Sean Darcy. I just want him on the park and scoring for 10 rounds then look at upgrading to Ryder or the best available ruck.

Forwards
Heeny locked and key thrown away. Job security and upside of lunch meat and Curnow looks to be huge and Simpkin will play every game for North - will be closely watching his JLT for SC scoring.

Thoughts people?

View attachment 460928

Rookies are set in jelly at the moment - will look at locking based on JLT form.

Defenders
If Aliir Aliir gets a fair bit of ruck time in JLT he will be coming in possibly for Wilson.

Midfield
Pretty happy with my selections here - others in the mix for M5 and M6 are Cripps and Coniglio but think the upside of Rocky and JOM much greater than the music factory (C&C).

Rucks
Ruck line has been the one that I have cogitated over more than any other line. Gawn is locked and loaded and I've decided on Sandi at R2 as he seems to be tracking well in pre-season, he's publicly stated he wants to play every game and there is an injury concern with Sean Darcy. I just want him on the park and scoring for 10 rounds then look at upgrading to Ryder or the best available ruck.

Forwards
Heeny locked and key thrown away. Job security and upside of lunch meat and Curnow looks to be huge and Simpkin will play every game for North - will be closely watching his JLT for SC scoring.

Thoughts people?
Definately a risk, especially in that back line but this is a game of risk v reward

View attachment 460928

Defenders

Midfield

Rucks

Forwards

Thoughts people?
IMO nearly everyone has nailed their midfield, with small % of discussion re options .....Rucks likewise, given the scoring differences are not that great

But this year it'll about those that can get their DEF & FWD lines .......IMO you have to have one of McDonald or Burton, not both, as both are yet to prove themselves in SC ...i'd say you need one proven premo in your D2 position

Id say the same in your forward line .....your D2 should be a proven SC scorer .....both of your F2 & F3 could be good scorers, but having both is a risk ....just go with the one risk & one sure scorer

JLT will answer the Nutnut quandary. ..what do you like about Mclean?
Other than that total fresh feeling?:mouth:

Look at his stats. Increases in contested possessions, clearances, disposals, inside 50s, tackles. Just screams breakout looming.

If he stays in last years role.

His age, his room for improvement, more midfield minutes hopefully. from rd 14 he scored 98. 86, 123, 115, 97, 61, 129, 77, 100, 86.

i know they arent numbers that blow your nips off your chest but for a fwd its quite decent and being a 4th year player in 2018 i reckon hes ready to take another step up after going from 62 in 2015 to 70 in 2016 and 85 last year i do see the potential of him going 95 avg in 2018.

The main issues i have with him are the likes of Dalhaus coming back into form after an average year, Mitchy Wallis taking points off him after gaining more fitness from his broken leg and then blokes like Mclean and Bont stealing points too. not to mention the dogs have alot of young talent like Dale, Dunkley, williams e.t.c stepping up.

The dogs are a hard team to pick for SC fo sho.

Hasn't left my side since day one.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on kelly. Do all expect him too explode or stay as he is
Locked and loaded for mine. I expect a 5-10 ppg improvement.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

His age, his room for improvement, more midfield minutes hopefully. from rd 14 he scored 98. 86, 123, 115, 97, 61, 129, 77, 100, 86.

i know they arent numbers that blow your nips off your chest but for a fwd its quite decent and being a 4th year player in 2018 i reckon hes ready to take another step up after going from 62 in 2015 to 70 in 2016 and 85 last year i do see the potential of him going 95 avg in 2018.

The main issues i have with him are the likes of Dalhaus coming back into form after an average year, Mitchy Wallis taking points off him after gaining more fitness from his broken leg and then blokes like Mclean and Bont stealing points too. not to mention the dogs have alot of young talent like Dale, Dunkley, williams e.t.c stepping up.

The dogs are a hard team to pick for SC fo sho.[/B]
McLean so good hes stealing points from himself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back