2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannebery isnt training atm after having another setback mate, if your going to go a swans mid id be going with Parker and back him to go back to his form from a few years back.
Thanks mate. Hanners is probably my fav player other than my boys and I always have him in but I wasnt aware of that. Cheers

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey Mate..

DEF: I like the Ellis selection, Laird is a lock for most.. Unsure about Pittard, he's been talked up so much but never really produced something that we've expected him too.. Birchall is a risk as he's had an interrupted preseason, Sam Murray over Mihocek.

MIDS: Very solid, but Hanners has missed a large chunk of the pre season, Parker a better choice if you want a Sydney mid.

RUCKS: Don't select Grundy if Cox lines up Round 1, he drops like 20 ppg when Cox plays.

FWD: Greene and Billings both have interrupted pre seasons, Greene with a broken toe that has kept him out for quite some time and Billings has just strained his hamstring.. Monitor both!.. really not sure Acres has that much improvement in him.. for 20k more you can get Petracca or Devon Smith, both moving into the midfield and both will see a bump in numbers that should translate to more SC points.

Structually sound team, just a couple of tweaks and you're set.
Thanks for the feedback bud. Never selected Grundy before and was unaware of that with Cox. I'm not worried with Billings. Expecting a 95+ average. I am a Saints fan but obviously... Acres is a personal fav and has all the tools to be a star. Appreciate the help

Thanks for the feedback bud. Never selected Grundy before and was unaware of that with Cox. I'm not worried with Billings. Expecting a 95+ average. I am a Saints fan but obviously... Acres is a personal fav and has all the tools to be a star. Appreciate the help

Grundy averages over 100 without Cox, but only like 78 with Cox in the team.

Love Billings, was a lock until the hammy... But my rule is no JLT, no selection.. Fingers crossed he plays 1 or 2..

Just be careful not to have the blinkers on regarding Acres.

Played 16 games in 2016 and increased that to 18 games in 2017 but his average dropped by .4

Usually you see a player trend upwards in his 4th year with a bump in games, but he stagnated, you're picking a $412K player to be a keeper, so you're confident he will go from a 75 average to 90+..? You don't want to be upgrading him, waste of a trade.

Good Luck mate!

Rocking this at the moment..

Probably my last crack at it until JLT starts..
Unsure on Lycett as R2, will need to cull a mid to get in a set and forget pair.

If the Nic Nat rumours are true Lycett will probably remain as R2.

View attachment 461465

Looks good man. Can say most of these players have been in versions of my side at times over the preseason. Haven't had a side with McGovern, Sicily, McGrath, Buddy or Barlow in it. I can make really good cases against all of them, but I won't bother because I know you understand the risk involved with all the picks!

Down back though, I just think there are players that are going to obviously outscore Gov, Sic and McGrath. I've gone down this value route before in defence, and it destroyed my season. I like Hibberd, Ellis, Simpson ahead of the guys you have IF you decide to bat that deep (which I don't think you need to.) So I'd find money to upgrade that risk.

I'd personally find the money in your midfield. Oliver, Zorko, Merrett, Titch all starting at career peak price is a recipe for disaster. If you're going to start those 4 maxed priced players, then may I ask, where on earth is Danger? I've tinkered with sides without him, but always come back to a 15 keeper side with Danger featuring. Just too awkward to trade in early, and I'm not willing to bet against him going on a God Mode run again in 2018. It's just a matter of when!

There's a tonne of value to be had in the midfield this year, Prestia, Coniglio, Cripps, Pendlebury, Blakely, Armitage, O'Meara are all priced pretty well.

Agreed regarding Lycett, and I think he'll become hugely popular the closer we get to R1. Not in my side currently though. I have English, as a starting donut who plays 3x Sundays in a row giving you a look at any player as VC. Also has R/F, and is probably a chance to get games too.

No Heeney, Billings, Menegola, Gray, Greene in your forwards :eek: They're my top 5 by quite a stretch, personally I'd try to have at least 2. Love the Devon Smith pick, has been in my side for quite a while now - expecting a big season from him.

In summary, I like a lot of your picks but I feel like you have too many gambles when there are apparent sure things (IMO) in the forwards and backs this year. That's why I play draft, lets me pick Barlow, Sicily, McGrath type players knowing that they'll improve - but not vs a Hibberd, Ellis, Simpson etc. who I see as top scorers.

Good luck mate! Thought I'd give you some feedback, as I see you've been pretty active. Good stuff. :)

Looks good man. Can say most of these players have been in versions of my side at times over the preseason. Haven't had a side with McGovern, Sicily, McGrath, Buddy or Barlow in it. I can make really good cases against all of them, but I won't bother because I know you understand the risk involved with all the picks!

Down back though, I just think there are players that are going to obviously outscore Gov, Sic and McGrath. I've gone down this value route before in defence, and it destroyed my season. I like Hibberd, Ellis, Simpson ahead of the guys you have IF you decide to bat that deep (which I don't think you need to.) So I'd find money to upgrade that risk.

I'd personally find the money in your midfield. Oliver, Zorko, Merrett, Titch all starting at career peak price is a recipe for disaster. If you're going to start those 4 maxed priced players, then may I ask, where on earth is Danger? I've tinkered with sides without him, but always come back to a 15 keeper side with Danger featuring. Just too awkward to trade in early, and I'm not willing to bet against him going on a God Mode run again in 2018. It's just a matter of when!

There's a tonne of value to be had in the midfield this year, Prestia, Coniglio, Cripps, Pendlebury, Blakely, Armitage, O'Meara are all priced pretty well.

Agreed regarding Lycett, and I think he'll become hugely popular the closer we get to R1. Not in my side currently though. I have English, as a starting donut who plays 3x Sundays in a row giving you a look at any player as VC. Also has R/F, and is probably a chance to get games too.

No Heeney, Billings, Menegola, Gray, Greene in your forwards :eek: They're my top 5 by quite a stretch, personally I'd try to have at least 2. Love the Devon Smith pick, has been in my side for quite a while now - expecting a big season from him.

In summary, I like a lot of your picks but I feel like you have too many gambles when there are apparent sure things (IMO) in the forwards and backs this year. That's why I play draft, lets me pick Barlow, Sicily, McGrath type players knowing that they'll improve - but not vs a Hibberd, Ellis, Simpson etc. who I see as top scorers.

Good luck mate! Thought I'd give you some feedback, as I see you've been pretty active. Good stuff. :)

Cheers for the feedback..

Definitely good to hear some different ideas and i can see that there are a few risks i probs don't need to take, or at least to the extent i have.

I really do like Simpson without Docherty, Has to have the ball in his hands more than last season, and will probably find his way into my side after JLT pending he doesn't take his walking frame out on the field with him (he's sooo old)

I'll probably only roll with one of Sicily and McGrath..

I've had Conigs in and out of my side, will definitely have a close look at him in JLT as i like the 132 he scored in finals, no reason he can't go 105+

Billings was locked into my team until his hammy strain, if he plays JLT he is straight back in for me.

Greene hasn't done a preseason with a broken toe, something weird going on there.
Massive question mark over Menegola with Ablett arriving.

If Gray returns to the midfield rotation he is about the biggest lock this year, but i'm not sure where he is going to play his footy this year yet.

Barlow looks like he will be freed up from his tagging/half forward role, There will be some benefactors from Ablett's departure and i think he will be one of them, if he remains fit will be in the top 6 forwards.

And the big one, DangerGOAT!

Dropped $150K last year from a lower starting point, i just can't see how Ablett doesn't suck up some points from him..

I'm tempted to start with him with the view to trade him out if a big drop is going to happen, still really unsure.. seems like it's make or break with that decision, because if he goes all beast mode like he did after round 10, i won't be able to get him into my side until late in the year.

Really appreciate your thoughts though... work will be paying me to tinker with my side today! ;)

Here you go!..
Proven scorers with only a couple of gambles.

upload_2018-2-20_10-49-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-20_10-47-0.png
    upload_2018-2-20_10-47-0.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 7
Here you go!..
Proven scorers with only a couple of gambles.

View attachment 461502

McGrath will be a gun but I don't see him as a top 10 defender. Maybe in a few years time.

Armitage is a good, ordinary player. But he's not a keeper and won't earn the cash you need. I'm not convinced on Coniglio. Why would you take the 3rd or 4th best midfielder in a team? Even at that price.

If NicNat plays 1 JLT game or is named rd 1, rule a line through Lycett.

Strong fwds. I almost feel like you're batting one too deep there. Especially with a depleted midfield.

First Run for 2018....

DEF: Laird, Ellis, H. Shaw, Sicily, Doedee, Mirra (Cumming, Murray)
MID: Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Brodie, Worpel (Barry, J. Pickett, Kelly)
RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Cameron)
FWD: Billings, Walters, Barlow, Christensen, Higgins, Ryan (Keefe, Ahern)

Not sure on a few: Ellis, Heater, Barlow, Grundy the big questions for me, plus obviously the rookies.

Please let me know what you think! Any help appreciated.

First Run for 2018....

MID: Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Brodie, Worpel (Barry, J. Pickett, Kelly)

Not sure on a few: Ellis, Heater, Barlow, Grundy the big questions for me, plus obviously the rookies.

I like it. Solid team.

Only part I don’t like is Shaw.

As far as a guns n rookies team goes, this is up there with the best i've seen this year. My personal worry is with the backline rookies but if you can find 3 to start on the ground you'll be laughing. Obviously we'll know more after JLT. Forwards are good although im sure you know both Heeney and Billings have had injury issues during the PS. Watch JLT but im sure they'll be ready to go in round 1. One of the only criticisms i have of your team is that you may miss out on a breakout year from the likes of a Curnow/Smith/Walters but thats a very minor concern. I like the few mid-pricers you've picked too.

As far as a guns n rookies team goes, this is up there with the best i've seen this year. My personal worry is with the backline rookies but if you can find 3 to start on the ground you'll be laughing. Obviously we'll know more after JLT. Forwards are good although im sure you know both Heeney and Billings have had injury issues during the PS. Watch JLT but im sure they'll be ready to go in round 1. One of the only criticisms i have of your team is that you may miss out on a breakout year from the likes of a Curnow/Smith/Walters but thats a very minor concern. I like the few mid-pricers you've picked too.

Just waiting for jlt to start and see how everyone goes. Walters/smith etc are on my watch list

With JLT kicking off this weekend thought it would a good time to sit. Latest version with $105,100 in the reserve bank.

2018Team.png

With concerns over defense rookies I've cut Oliver and gone to 5 premiums - makes me a tad sad, I love a strong starting midfield (who doesn't) but it's for a better team balance that should pay off in the long run. I think we should have a few good mid rookies lining up Rd1. Most likely looking at going with 2 of LDU/Brayshaw/Brodie/Dow/Setterfield at this stage pending their roles over the JLT and Rd1 selections and round the line out with the best cheap rookies.

Thoughts: McLean and Sicily are my least favourite for at the moment and Billings is very likley to slide in for McLean if he runs through the JLT unscathed. Sicily can stay for now, he was in my original team so I'm backing my gut for the time being and low risk at D4 - might make a decent D7/F7 swingman come the end of year worse case scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Run for 2018....

As already said, Shaw won't get that role.

Like those rucks. I think Cox will play fwd with Moore going back.

Fwds seem light. Walters can go large or missing.

Well i'm certainly ripping my team apart :(

Midfield ......perfect
Rucks .........perfect
Defense .......Happy, apart from bench Rookies
Forwards ......Mmmmm? something had to give .....it's not bad mind you, just would prefer a stronger F4 than Settlefield ?

Still a long way to go though :think:

With JLT kicking off this weekend thought it would a good time to sit. Latest version with $105,100 in the reserve bank.

View attachment 461579

With concerns over defense rookies I've cut Oliver and gone to 5 premiums - makes me a tad sad, I love a strong starting midfield (who doesn't) but it's for a better team balance that should pay off in the long run. I think we should have a few good mid rookies lining up Rd1. Most likely looking at going with 2 of LDU/Brayshaw/Brodie/Dow/Setterfield at this stage pending their roles over the JLT and Rd1 selections and round the line out with the best cheap rookies.

Thoughts: McLean and Sicily are my least favourite for at the moment and Billings is very likley to slide in for McLean if he runs through the JLT unscathed. Sicily can stay for now, he was in my original team so I'm backing my gut for the time being and low risk at D4 - might make a decent D7/F7 swingman come the end of year worse case scenario.

Not convinced Simpson will get that role that looks so obvious. Surely they'll want someone else for their longer term future. Laird as I said will get some heat I think this year. Sicily I don't think will be a top 10 defender so for mine, you're stifling your cash generation and locking in an extra trade before rd.1 starts.

Mids look like mine are therefore awesome. Except I have Kelly so mine are just a little bit more awesome.

Unless you know something we don't, Jacobs is #6 ruck. You can't start and finish with the #6 ruck as expecting to win leagues and H2H matches.

I like McLean and have him too. Not convinced on Christensen. Looked Ok on weekend but he's never played a full season and is looking like a 90 at best which is very slow cash generation at his price. If you think he's a keeper, fine.

View attachment 461579

It's a very good side :thumbsu: .....but similarly to me, the Fowards are the ?????? .....can the so called FRWD Premo's consistently score well ?

Here's my question ......example: given you would prefer the extra premo mid ......for Heeneys price, who would be the better option, Cripps v Heeney (i know you have Cripps) ......so lets say the Premo mid you had to give up?

Going with the traditional 4-5-4 with 2 set and forget rucks,rookies can change based on JLT..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-50-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-50-04.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-50-21.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-20-15-50-21.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 5
Really not understanding the hype around this guy:

upload_2018-2-20_16-11-17.png

Am I missing something? 8 scores below 60, including 4 below 40... Averaged less than 75 last season, which is FAR from keeper status. Why all the hype?

Really not understanding the hype around this guy:

View attachment 461618

Am I missing something? 8 scores below 60, including 4 below 40... Averaged less than 75 last season, which is FAR from keeper status. Why all the hype?

Became the new unaccountable, 3rd man up, loose in defence - aka josh Gibson mk2 - halfway through last year. Will do same this year apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back