2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I better post a team before JLT starts and it all goes to shit.
Only have 10k left over but have plenty invested in expensive rookies already, so I won’t mind cutting one if I have too.

Largely the same as last time I posted.
Laird hasn’t left my team since the gold picker opened.
Had a few different D2s to start, but Hibberd firmed as D2 a while ago, only other expensive def I like is McGovern.
Been on McDonald for a while, suits a lot of the criteria I look for in breakout contenders. His ownership has doubled recently, hopefully he can stay a POD after JLT.
Big Sis is a campaigner and I love him. Lead me to draft glory last year so I have to pick him. DPP will come in handy later down the track.

Danger is the best captain option a mile. CD froth over him. Would be shocked is Gaz plays 14> games for the year. Danger will still be SC king.
Dusty is the second best captain option by a mile. Of Dusty’s 178 game career there’s been 3 weeks where I haven’t had him in my team, he scored 159, 118 and 155. Ultra durable. Kicks snag rolls. Best player in the comp.
TMitch just keeps getting the pill. He was wonderful as a starter last year and I expect him to keep just chugging away, don’t think he’s a great C/VC because he doesn’t kick goals, or kick the ball at all for that matter. He’s gonna sit at low 600s/ very high 500s all year. I’ll just pay the extra 50k to have him from the get go and trade in other premo mids that have much higher variance that this little piggy.
Fyfe is back. #1 lock of the season.
Cripps is good value, used to score better when Murphy was out so I think Gibbs out will have the same effect. Another year in the system and an actual pre season. Probably won’t see him start this cheap ever again.

Kruuuuuze, reckon he can crack the #1 ruck hoodoo that no ones been able to since Cox was murdered by Vickery. Has been healthy the last 2 years and really put it all together on the field. No competition for his spot. Good bye round. Good POD.
Who hasn’t picked Max Gawn? He bought me a schooie once. Cool guy.

Heeney is a strong young boi who is very good at footy.
Billing’s finish to last year after a shit start was wonderful, 95+ inbound.
STARlow will plod around and rack up 20+ touches a game and half a dozen tackles. Will be the strongest fella at the GC and will score me heaps of points. If his old man body stays in tact all year I wouldn’t be shocked if he was the #1 FWD scorer.

View attachment 462559

Solid team

LDU to bailey
Setterfield to bundy if cash allows

View attachment 462836

Take 2

Rookies are hopefully set but will be changed depending on who looks best 22. Midfield a little scratchy but I see T Mitch falling ~60k if O'meara comes good, Dusty landed his contract and Kelly was breakout. They may all fall in price for a nice upgrade. Heeney is shifty with injury at that price, we shall see. No Laird, he'll get a lot of attention with Smith out for the season. I still like J Gov and look to upgrade to him when I can.
Interesting re Laird, you've made me rethink my team (again)
Conversely I'd like to reciprocate the favour, only pick Yeo if he's played in the backline again. Avoid if he's playing mainly midfield in JLT. Great footballer but much better with the ball coming to him rather than hunting it.

NN - Still a massive cloud, even if he plays it'll be sporadic though out the year.

View attachment 462836

Take 2

Rookies are hopefully set but will be changed depending on who looks best 22. Midfield a little scratchy but I see T Mitch falling ~60k if O'meara comes good, Dusty landed his contract and Kelly was breakout. They may all fall in price for a nice upgrade. Heeney is shifty with injury at that price, we shall see. No Laird, he'll get a lot of attention with Smith out for the season. I still like J Gov and look to upgrade to him when I can.
Much much better .... get rid of Nic Nat , too many ???? And he’ll start very slowly

Not seeing Merrett in many sides, which is a touch surprising

Conversely I'd like to reciprocate the favour, only pick Yeo if he's played in the backline again. Avoid if he's playing mainly midfield in JLT. Great footballer but much better with the ball coming to him rather than hunting it.

NN - Still a massive cloud, even if he plays it'll be sporadic though out the year.
Hadn't considered that regarding yeo. Now you mention it, I did see him play a game on the ball last year and he seemed to struggle. Will hopefully watch him kill it in the JLT as a defender and have him in. But yeah, if they are looking for another mature body in the midfield, he very well could get chucked in there.

Laird could be an upgrade target if whoever we send down back as a runner comes on. By mid season the attention could equal out, but for now, I think he'll have a down year.

No glaring issues there mate! 3 top premo backs is nice, granted you make well of the less cash you have elsewhere.

Confident Cogs is a keeper? (110+avg)

NicNat watch this space, I don't have the balls to pick him

Personally i'd jiggle some cash around and make your D3 and F3 cheaper players, then upgrade Cogs to a 550k+ proven mid!

Good start mate!

The reason people are selecting cogs isn't to be a keeper. Aiming for a 105 average and ~100-150k cash generation along the way, can then upgrade through byes or leave until last at M8

The reason people are selecting cogs isn't to be a keeper. Aiming for a 105 average and ~100-150k cash generation along the way, can then upgrade through byes or leave until last at M8
Personally, if I was to select Coniglio it would be to keep him and I definitely wouldn't move him on if he were to average 105.

Happy at least until after JLT.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180223-162136.jpg
    Screenshot_20180223-162136.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 29
Why do so few teams own Joel Selwood?
I expect the impact of both Ablett & Danger robbing Selwood of points .......maybe the thought that he may be battle weary, he does use his body as a battering ram

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect the impact of both Ablett & Danger robbing Selwood of points .......maybe the thought that he may be battle weary, he does use his body as a battering ram

Yes they are the two main concerns.

His price and scoring history though make it a tough decision to leave him out, IMO.

I was of the mind that GAJ presence would help Selwood by strengthening the Cats midfield unit for more ball.

What are you expecting from Lycett?

About 4 games at the start of the year, then injured, then 5 games at the end of the year.

Let's hope he bangs out 100s in each of those first 4 games so he can rise enough to be straight swapped with a ruck who will actually play games this season :thumbsu:

If no nutnut 90+
With nutnut 80-85
That will mean having his best season ever ....in a rebuilding Eagles side ....that's if he can string enough games together ?

On reflection, if he plays just the 2 games for the year ......yeah that ave is possible :p

upload_2018-2-24_8-16-36.png

That will mean having his best season ever ....in a rebuilding Eagles side ....that's if he can string enough games together ?

On reflection, if he plays just the 2 games for the year ......yeah that ave is possible :p

View attachment 463022

tis true, howevs

In 2016 he had 10/20 odd games above 90. and 8 of those above 100

If fit he scores well

tis true, howevs

In 2016 he had 10/20 odd games above 90. and 8 of those above 100

If fit he scores well
That's the BIG question .......he hasn't demonstrated any durability & that's a major SC consideration isn't it ?

Hadn't considered that regarding yeo. Now you mention it, I did see him play a game on the ball last year and he seemed to struggle. Will hopefully watch him kill it in the JLT as a defender and have him in. But yeah, if they are looking for another mature body in the midfield, he very well could get chucked in there.

Laird could be an upgrade target if whoever we send down back as a runner comes on. By mid season the attention could equal out, but for now, I think he'll have a down year.

Yeo has been named in the mids this weekend for JLT. Will be watching closely. One one hand he could fail in midfield. Or he could blitz it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back