2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like this side Seymour Skinner. Like the structure of 4 potential premo defenders. Interested in your thoughts on Brandon Ellis from a Tiges perspective, seeing as you mentioned the only other expensive defender you like is McGovern? Ellis is firmly on my watchlist. Do you see any improvement in him?

Midfield strong, with plenty of high priced rookies that can be downgraded prior to round 1 if cheaper versions appear.

Most expensive ruck, would be my only query I guess and that is probably getting a bit pedantic. Kruz is a great option don't get me wrong just not sure about spending $603k there. If only Ryder didn't have that shitty bye. Hopefully a Cameron/English type gets named to cover there.

Forwards similar to mine, although I'm considering taking a risk on Wallis/McLean instead of Billings and get Billings later.

I like Ellis as a pick, reckon he'll be around the 95ppg mark and will play 22 games as he is very durable, had a slow start last year but after a position change his scores were a lot more SC friendly. Only issue is he has the round 14 bye, which damn never every single premo that jumps out at me also has, I care more about rank than leagues, so I can't fit them all in unfortunately.

I'd rather be spending less in the rucks but they all suck haha.
Ryder is the next best option, but I reckon his bye will almost guarantee you a donut.
Stef/Grundy/McEvoy/Goldy's teams have taken to playing a second ruck that kills their scoring.
Sam Jacobs burnt me in 2013 and has been on the never again list even since.
I didn't pick Witts at 200k I ain't picking him at 500k.
TBC is the OG shittruck and killed a lot of teams a couple years ago, was fun to watch.
Imo Smith is plonker and his scores get killed by Stanley.
Don't think Nank will play 22 games, or enough unassisted games to be a top scorer.
Nic Nat is cooked.
Wouldn't mind trying the Lycett/Simpson up to Ryder after his bye tactic but reckon it's too risky. If they go down you have stuff all to trade too, if Kruze dies at least I can pick anyone to switch him with.

I like the McLean pick, but can't fit him in/over with the 3 I already have.

Thought I better post a team before JLT starts and it all goes to shit.
Only have 10k left over but have plenty invested in expensive rookies already, so I won’t mind cutting one if I have too.

Largely the same as last time I posted.
Laird hasn’t left my team since the gold picker opened.
Had a few different D2s to start, but Hibberd firmed as D2 a while ago, only other expensive def I like is McGovern.
Been on McDonald for a while, suits a lot of the criteria I look for in breakout contenders. His ownership has doubled recently, hopefully he can stay a POD after JLT.
Big Sis is a campaigner and I love him. Lead me to draft glory last year so I have to pick him. DPP will come in handy later down the track.

Danger is the best captain option a mile. CD froth over him. Would be shocked is Gaz plays 14> games for the year. Danger will still be SC king.
Dusty is the second best captain option by a mile. Of Dusty’s 178 game career there’s been 3 weeks where I haven’t had him in my team, he scored 159, 118 and 155. Ultra durable. Kicks snag rolls. Best player in the comp.
TMitch just keeps getting the pill. He was wonderful as a starter last year and I expect him to keep just chugging away, don’t think he’s a great C/VC because he doesn’t kick goals, or kick the ball at all for that matter. He’s gonna sit at low 600s/ very high 500s all year. I’ll just pay the extra 50k to have him from the get go and trade in other premo mids that have much higher variance that this little piggy.
Fyfe is back. #1 lock of the season.
Cripps is good value, used to score better when Murphy was out so I think Gibbs out will have the same effect. Another year in the system and an actual pre season. Probably won’t see him start this cheap ever again.

Kruuuuuze, reckon he can crack the #1 ruck hoodoo that no ones been able to since Cox was murdered by Vickery. Has been healthy the last 2 years and really put it all together on the field. No competition for his spot. Good bye round. Good POD.
Who hasn’t picked Max Gawn? He bought me a schooie once. Cool guy.

Heeney is a strong young boi who is very good at footy.
Billing’s finish to last year after a shit start was wonderful, 95+ inbound.
STARlow will plod around and rack up 20+ touches a game and half a dozen tackles. Will be the strongest fella at the GC and will score me heaps of points. If his old man body stays in tact all year I wouldn’t be shocked if he was the #1 FWD scorer.

View attachment 462559
Like the team mate. Can also see Starlow being #1 forward if he plays all year. Can see you're going big in rooks - you spent about $300k getting the expensive rooks over cheaper ones which IMO may make or break your season. Good luck!

Like the team mate. Can also see Starlow being #1 forward if he plays all year. Can see you're going big in rooks - you spent about $300k getting the expensive rooks over cheaper ones which IMO may make or break your season. Good luck!

If good cheap rookies do pop up I'll probably chop and change them a bit, but hopefully I can stay with the same structure I have now, would rather 100k in reserve going into the second round rather than 10k.

First time doing Supercoach this year, so not sure who the best players are compared to the other fantasy formats (I assume that Rioli scores quite well for example)
P71XfdR.png
Nice team. If Lids, JOM etc stay in obe piece you could do quite well.
Other than them theres no silly risks.
Just keep an eye out on rookies during JLT and youre set.

I like Ellis as a pick, reckon he'll be around the 95ppg mark and will play 22 games as he is very durable, had a slow start last year but after a position change his scores were a lot more SC friendly. Only issue is he has the round 14 bye, which damn never every single premo that jumps out at me also has, I care more about rank than leagues, so I can't fit them all in unfortunately.

I'd rather be spending less in the rucks but they all suck haha.
Ryder is the next best option, but I reckon his bye will almost guarantee you a donut.
Stef/Grundy/McEvoy/Goldy's teams have taken to playing a second ruck that kills their scoring.
Sam Jacobs burnt me in 2013 and has been on the never again list even since.
I didn't pick Witts at 200k I ain't picking him at 500k.
TBC is the OG shittruck and killed a lot of teams a couple years ago, was fun to watch.
Imo Smith is plonker and his scores get killed by Stanley.
Don't think Nank will play 22 games, or enough unassisted games to be a top scorer.
Nic Nat is cooked.
Wouldn't mind trying the Lycett/Simpson up to Ryder after his bye tactic but reckon it's too risky. If they go down you have stuff all to trade too, if Kruze dies at least I can pick anyone to switch him with.

I like the McLean pick, but can't fit him in/over with the 3 I already have.
Thanks for the reply on Ellis. Will look closer at the R14 conundrum.

Summed up the rucks well too.

McLean you reckon. Was leaning towards Wallis. That's a 'gut' call for me I guess.

haha yeah I got that part! I just mean there will be so many teams with 8-10 common players by the season start regardless.

How's yours coming along?

2 biggest conundrums for me..

To Danger or not to Danger
Rucks - Goldy/Ryder/Kreuzer with Gawn or a Lycett type at R2 which makes me feel ill..

Players that have not left my in the last few days and seem to be locked into pending injury free:

DEF: Laird - Hibberd - Doedee - Murray

MID: Mitchell - Pendlebury - Cripps - Brodie

RUCK: Gawn

FWDS: Heeney - Barlow - Christensen - Higgins - Ahern

Players i'm considering

DEF: McGovern - Savage - Sicily

MID: Danger or Martin - Crouch - Zorko - Neale or Fyfe

RUCK: Kreuzer - Goldstein - Simpson - Lycett

Maybe a possible Gawn - Simpson (Lycett) if Nic Nat and Lobb aren't fit.

FWDS: Petracca - D.Smith - Billings -

Work doesn't realise they are paying me to adjust my team every 30 minutes! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested in your reasons why you think he will not play 22 games. Only missed one game last season when suspended.
AFAIK Hampson's back still not right. Has the red line by his name. Any time frame for him?
Soldo nothing to get excited about. My thought was he only got the late season games to give Nank a breather as he was tiring.
Who else do you guys have? Any rookie likely.

First time doing Supercoach this year, so not sure who the best players are compared to the other fantasy formats (I assume that Rioli scores quite well for example)
P71XfdR.png

Pretty sure Birchall just got ruled out for rd 1.

Rucks - Goldy/Ryder/Kreuzer with Gawn or a Lycett type at R2 which makes me feel ill..

Players that have not left my in the last few days and seem to be locked into pending injury free:

Players i'm considering

I'm in the same boat with Danger. Will Ablett affect his scoring/will Danger spend more time forward? How would that affect his scoring?

I like your locked in players. Strange to think Pendlebury may be a POD this year.

Not sold yet on Sicily?

As tempting as Lycett and Simpson are, I can't make myself change the 2 proven rucks strategy.

Haha yeah I'm just super glad they can't see how frequently I check Bigfooty ;)

I'm in the same boat with Danger. Will Ablett affect his scoring/will Danger spend more time forward? How would that affect his scoring?

I like your locked in players. Strange to think Pendlebury may be a POD this year.

Not sold yet on Sicily?

As tempting as Lycett and Simpson are, I can't make myself change the 2 proven rucks strategy.

Haha yeah I'm just super glad they can't see how frequently I check Bigfooty ;)

Either way i see him slightly dropping his average, i would be super impressed if he can average 130+ as a forward.

The only risk is.. if he goes bang! We're screwed.. Will be extremely hard to get into the team.

Pendles looked really good in the intra club last night, only had 1 down year and he was carrying injuries last season. He's a rolls royce, pencil in 115 avg.

I'm not sold on that arrogant flog either, will be watching JLT very closely.

I really want Goldstein but am gunshy with Scott's love of Preuss.

The stress i tells ya!!!

Who would be your Ruck? as Lobb is FWD only!

Solid team though mate, i like it..
Will have restructure abit. I had Nic Nat at ruck before but going with him is unlikely atm.

With Lobb in fwds I only had about 490k to play with for a ruck.

evHWOkz.png

One more roll of the dice on Pendlebury.
Like it ....well balanced

Yes Pendles is a risk ......but in this game you have to take some "calculated" risks ......you can correct pretty quickly .....just not too many risks

I'm still scratching my head with OShea .....can't believe so many have him, albeit he's a placeholder ......spud!

Interested in your reasons why you think he will not play 22 games. Only missed one game last season when suspended.
AFAIK Hampson's back still not right. Has the red line by his name. Any time frame for him?
Soldo nothing to get excited about. My thought was he only got the late season games to give Nank a breather as he was tiring.
Who else do you guys have? Any rookie likely.
Soldo was pretty impressive last year

Players i'm considering

I guess most Coaches will take Danger ......so if he drops, most will suffer accordingly ....but if he rockets & you're the odd Coach out, then ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back