2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will swing Sicily back eventually. The forward rookies are shite this year.
The forward rookies are a sad bunch of low scorers, that is true.It means Christianson , Raynor and Stephenson come into the picture but they all seem a risk.Raynor could get dropped very early.

16 keepers.
Def: 4 keepers, 4 rookies.
Mids: 5 keepers, 6 rookies.
Rucks: 2 keepers, 1 rookie.
Fwd: 5 keepers, 3 rookies.

Only starting 6 rookies. Definitely have too many mid priced keepers, but they seem too good to not grab. Some will backfire, but that can easily be fixed... gotta roll the dice sometimes, seems like the year for me!

It's basically Hibberd, Finlayson and Banfield on the ground now for OMeara, Brayshaw and Coffield.

Get one certain keeper now instead of none.

I do like O'Meara there as a stepping stone for Dangerfield though.

Hmmmm.... :think:
O'Meara will take a few extra weeks over say cogs to get to a decent amount.
Might have enough r6-7 depending on how he goes/ how much cash you are willing to carry.
In short I'm not sure O'Meara gets you there much quicker than a rooky.

Is getting the #1 player for 100k cheaper then his starting price good :think:

I was never starting Danger even when he was healthy - so I'm probably not able to be convinced. I just don't see how you ever end out ahead on points or $ (or even trades) if you started him. Let alone if he misses a round
Do you know how the captain thingy works?

The forward rookies are a sad bunch of low scorers, that is true.It means Christianson , Raynor and Stephenson come into the picture but they all seem a risk.Raynor could get dropped very early.
Raynor won't get dropped.
Bastinac gets games for Brisbane.
Only team with worse depth is
Well shit yes its my team.
Bugger

O'Meara will take a few extra weeks over say cogs to get to a decent amount.
Might have enough r6-7 depending on how he goes/ how much cash you are willing to carry.
In short I'm not sure O'Meara gets you there much quicker than a rooky.

You may have a point there.

Maybe I should just downgrade O'Meara to Brodie instead?

You may have a point there.

Maybe I should just downgrade O'Meara to Brodie instead?
Anyone from say 420k to 550k is the prime spot for mine. Decent scoring expected. But not quite sp scoring.
Cogs redden Cripps parker etc.
Trouble is if they go 110 your screwed.
You won't want to trade them.
I'm taking Cripps and cogs.
Worst performer gets dumped.
If you go back to a rooky your only chance of getting danger early is a premo injury.
Which tbh chances are you will have anyways.

Anyone from say 420k to 550k is the prime spot for mine. Decent scoring expected. But not quite sp scoring.
Cogs redden Cripps parker etc.
Trouble is if they go 110 your screwed.
You won't want to trade them.
I'm taking Cripps and cogs.
Worst performer gets dumped.
If you go back to a rooky your only chance of getting danger early is a premo injury.
Which tbh chances are you will have anyways.

When do you plan to bring in Dangerfield mate?

85k in the bank for R1 team adjustments. Gives me the Bell pick which I really like for upgrades to Danger or even just as a long term keeper. Supercoach team END OF PRESEASON 2.PNG

sp7ivk.png

Finally, a team that I'm happy with.

Burton should become a premo this season with news that Birchall is out for the first half of 2018.

I felt dirty leaving the 2 premium players (Dusty & Danger) of the competition out of my team, I'll risk Danger for round 1 considering he kicked 6 goals last year v the Hawks on a busted foot.

Martin's JLT series was dominant, by far Brisbane's best player in each match.

Cogs, Gawn, Beams, Cripps are my POD selections, all 4 suffered injuries throughout 2017 so I'm banking on fully recoveries, I'm happy with those choices.

Plenty of rookie cash cows to upgrade throughout the season with a cool $17,200 in the bank.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

85k in the bank for R1 team adjustments. Gives me the Bell pick which I really like for upgrades to Danger or even just as a long term keeper. View attachment 470752
I would probably swap Higgins out of your starting team, he most likely won't be playing early rounds.

Bring him in later in the year.

sp7ivk.png

Martin's JLT series was dominant, by far Brisbane's best player in each match.

Martin last year without Archie = 102.18 average (16 games).
Martin last year with Archie = 87.66 average (6 games).

Not worried about Archie getting games this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin last year without Archie = 102.18 average (16 games).
Martin last year with Archie = 87.66 average (6 games).

Not worried about Archie getting games this year?
Nope, Archie is far too raw to play early season.

When he was played last year, he was very ineffective around the ground, terrible disposal.

I think Fagan will have Josh Walker pinch hit in the Ruck, Stefan has excellent endurance and can ruck an entire game (He play at his best as a solo ruck).

He's arguably our 3rd string ruck behind Oscar McInerney.

I’m still not sold on Christensen, might swap to Bell or trade a premo mid to forward. Other than that I’m pretty happy with the team at this stage
A97B3D35-F367-48DE-A342-1FCA69A793FB.png A43D4D68-58D4-4A81-91A5-16757C302CD5.png

85k in the bank for R1 team adjustments. Gives me the Bell pick which I really like for upgrades to Danger or even just as a long term keeper. View attachment 470752

Don't think Higgins is getting a game early in the season at least.
Could consider another rookie with better JS - suppose will see what happens when rd 1 teams released
Brodie? LDU?

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 9.27.47 AM.png

Like this. Only 10k left
Some risk. Some safe bets.
If Nicnat doesn't get named will consider Stef Martin + Olango by downgrading Brodie to a cheaper rookie (if one named)
Or just go to Nank + Olango

Nope, Archie is far too raw to play early season.

When he was played last year, he was very ineffective around the ground, terrible disposal.

I think Fagan will have Josh Walker pinch hit in the Ruck, Stefan has excellent endurance and can ruck an entire game (He play at his best as a solo ruck).

He's arguably our 3rd string ruck behind Oscar McInerney.
100% agree with you there mate, he hasnt gotten any better over the past few years and McInerney has surpassed him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back