2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if you legends could give some valued opinion of my side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180321-115541.png
    Screenshot_20180321-115541.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20180321-115537.png
    Screenshot_20180321-115537.png
    219 KB · Views: 7

get rid of Lever, Rampe, Melican, Hewett, Constable

move Papley and Bont on field
Really?? No worries with Papley and Bont, but why not Lever, Lever, Rampe, Melican, Hewett, Constable. Not that I'm doubting you, just wondering why? Especially Hewett? I think he might have his best year ever...

Really?? No worries with Papley and Bont, but why not Lever, Lever, Rampe, Melican, Hewett, Constable. Not that I'm doubting you, just wondering why? Especially Hewett? I think he might have his best year ever...
better options around, Hewett's best year may only be 85 average, whereas for 50k more you get Cogs who can go 105-110 average

Melican is too mid priced and wont average more than 65, which is not what you need. Downgrade to Byrne or Bonner for cash

Constable wont play early IMO, you want playing rookies to make cash for upgrades. Pick Banfield

Lever and Rampe, like Hewett, there are better options around. use the cash from Melican to Byrne or Bonner to pick 2 of Laird/Hibberd/Gov/Savage/L McDonald/Burton/Sicily/Tuohy/Simpson

Waste of cash when you have fallen guns who have a proven 100+ scoring history around the same price bracket as Hewett.

Coniglio and Libba are two that stand out.

Your forwards and rucks look like a SC team the rest not so much.
You can check players past seasons in SC at fan footy etc.

Waste of cash when you have fallen guns who have a proven 100+ scoring history around the same price bracket as Hewett.

Coniglio and Libba are two that stand out.
Don’t do this. I just go settled on 5 genuine guns and you’re tempting me for midprice Libba :'(

Don’t do this. I just go settled on 5 genuine guns and you’re tempting me for midprice Libba :'(

Haha! Well let's just say I have 5 genuine guns along with Cogs AND Libba. ;)

But it really depends on your overall structure and value distribution. Don't compromise it all just for one player.

need to cull 6 swans from the team to start with. Each game has a finite amount of points so Franklin scoring well makes less points for the oyher 7 swans you chose.
Really??? I had no idea. So from any match there is limited availability of points. Damn!! Thanks very much, that one line makes a world of difference...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3300 points awarded per game, not like RDT or AF
I hate it btw.

There’s a quantifiable scoring system, if players in a particular match do stuff that meritoriously scores more than 3300 combined then so be it. Why have a scoring system otherwise...

Alright i think I’m done. Only one I’m tossing up is Rampe who scored 145 in JLT1, averaged 75 last year but over 85 the previous 2 years. Might swap him to Sicily, even though I hate that campaigners face.
Have 40k to move McCartin to whoever.

View attachment 472545
View attachment 472546
Mills could be a option he and sicily both have punchable faces, just get the less punchable one:moustache:.

As humans we try and stay away from pain as much as possible. In this case it’s the pain of possibly losing points from a player that no one else will have. So, automatically these people shut down an outside thought as stupid or not thought out, when really it’s their pain that is showing through and their lack of imagination and willingness to accept that pain.

I have a player in my backline that no one has mentioned in 230 pages. The difference is that I am willing to accept that pain if I am wrong. Most people aren’t, that’s why so many teams are the same.
That was beautiful man :'(

Hi Guys, I'm a rookie, first team selection ever.... Can you have a look and tell me what you think?
View attachment 472530

8 Sydney players? 7 in your starting 22?

Waaay too many!

Others have told you who you should get rid of already. I agree.

Have you had a look at any of the other 227 pages worth of teams on here? You'll notice that for the most part they are different variations of a select group of players. There's a reason for that!

Oh... and Rampe VC... lel

As humans we try and stay away from pain as much as possible. In this case it’s the pain of possibly losing points from a player that no one else will have. So, automatically these people shut down an outside thought as stupid or not thought out, when really it’s their pain that is showing through and their lack of imagination and willingness to accept that pain.

I have a player in my backline that no one has mentioned in 230 pages. The difference is that I am willing to accept that pain if I am wrong. Most people aren’t, that’s why so many teams are the same.

That's pretty deep mate! You ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back