2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO having Nank takes away so much from a team. I'm not saying everyone needs to get Lycett, Cox or Simpson but if you are going to pay $500k you might as well find some more money and get handsome Stef. Nank to me is just a middle tier that you are going to have to upgrade if you want to finish near the pointy end of the competition. I would implore everyone to find another option I just don't think he's the answer.

Except Juddy, I want Juddy to keep him for the lolz and sideways trade in R2 when he gets 58 and Sandipants gets 110. Good timez

I'm OK, thanks for asking though. :hearts: I'm into the psychology of how and why people think a certain way. I could rattle on about cognitive bias and the part it plays in Supercoach but you'd probably fall asleep. :moustache:

No points because I'm not saying who, but no it's not those you mentioned. Much cheaper but IMO a stronger option at D4 than someone like Naughton or Cole and only a bit more expensive. But time will tell, you'll find out Sunday after lockout and I'll be a moron or a genius :moustache:. The other deciding factor is that I have well over $200k in the bank so if I'm not feeling it's working I can go directly to a Sicily type if he starts well and looks like being a keeper. My guy is certainly not a keeper but I think he can make some solid enough money and IMO is assured of playing every week, even though his ceiling may not be great he should be more consistent than others around his price point. :moustache:

MOUSTACHE.

Alex Pearce?
The all caps MOUSTACHE rejoinder radiates power and strikes fear in the heart of your enemies.

Drop Hewitt for another midfield rookie like Banfield or Brayshaw from Fremantle

Use the extra cash to upgrade Papley, Lever, Melican and Rampe, three of those wont score well, Rampe not consistent enough

Supercoach advice, premiums aside, drop your passion for your own team :p
I have zero Bulldogs in my team at the moment because I know they wont score well, not consistent, or its a lottery to who will stand up this year
Thanks. Yes, I didn't understand how the scoring worked, so I've reduced the Swans players to three. It's just that I know them much better than the other teams. I'm guessing this will be the year that I learn the rest of the competition much better!

Can you tell me, does who is Captain or Vice Captain impact the scoring? And if so, how?

Thanks. Yes, I didn't understand how the scoring worked, so I've reduced the Swans players to three. It's just that I know them much better than the other teams. I'm guessing this will be the year that I learn the rest of the competition much better!

Can you tell me, does who is Captain or Vice Captain impact the scoring? And if so, how?

If you're just learning have as many Swans as you can cram in. You'll enjoy it more. You can become psychotic about it like the rest of us next year when you understand how it all works.

Captain gets double points
VC only gets double if your Captain doesnt play.

good idea to have a VC who plays early and a C who plays last, then if the VC gets a good score (usually 125+ is the mark), then you put a non playing player on the field, put the playing player on the bench WITH THE EMERGENCY SET and you will get captain score from your VC

Been extremely busy/slack and only just threw together my first attempt, after a look here it seems pretty generic. Have $267,400 in the bank so have fair amount of room to move based on selections, thinking I might have gone a bit heavy on the midpricers in the midfield. Thoughts and criticisms appreciated!

7dcY9uI.png

Been extremely busy/slack and only just threw together my first attempt, after a look here it seems pretty generic. Have $267,400 in the bank so have fair amount of room to move based on selections, thinking I might have gone a bit heavy on the midpricers in the midfield. Thoughts and criticisms appreciated!

7dcY9uI.png
Coffield already confirmed not playing
get Banfield for Barry

decent team otherwise

Byrne, Cole, Zuthrie all good options for around his price
Byrne is yuk, can't see him averaging more than 60
Cole not playing round 1
Zuthrie, I don't think he's anywhere near best 22

THIS IS JUST FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain gets double points
VC only gets double if your Captain doesnt play.

good idea to have a VC who plays early and a C who plays last, then if the VC gets a good score (usually 125+ is the mark), then you put a non playing player on the field, put the playing player on the bench WITH THE EMERGENCY SET and you will get captain score from your VC
OMG are you saying that the players on the bench don't count? Cause I didn't know that either :huh::( I thought only the emergencies didn't count.

I now have Parker as Captain and Fyfe as VC. I'm not sure what you mean by who plays early and who plays last

Byrne is yuk, can't see him averaging more than 60
Cole not playing round 1
Zuthrie, I don't think he's anywhere near best 22

THIS IS JUST FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFD
Zuthrie played both JLT games, with a full Geelong defence (minus Henderson). Highly rated by the Cats
Byrne had a 76 in JLT 1, but a 48 in the 2nd. i reckon a 65-70 isnt out of the question, considering he averaged 67 in his rookie year
Cole 63 and 67, should play round 2. We have enough to carry Cole for one round

OMG are you saying that the players on the bench don't count? Cause I didn't know that either :huh::( I thought only the emergencies didn't count.

I now have Parker as Captain and Fyfe as VC. I'm not sure what you mean by who plays early and who plays last
Emergencies only count if you have a non playing player on field.

If someone plays early in the round (Friday night, Sat arvo) VC them, then find someone who plays Sat Night/Sun and C them

Just got rid of Coffield :( thoughts on the team wondering if I'm lacking a bit defensively? And if JOM is worth a punt or better to go with someone like Brodie and save the money to try and upgrade.
scdraft.jpg

Also there is the problem that you will always see and hope for the best from players in your own side. Over selecting our own players is a habit that every fantasy coach has to break.

Lloyd v Sicily. A dilemma.
On the one hand it is inherently possible punchable can average as much as Lloyd for nearly 80k cheaper.
On the other hand he's a hawf and a bloody midpricer...

Emergencies only count if you have a non playing player on field.

If someone plays early in the round (Friday night, Sat arvo) VC them, then find someone who plays Sat Night/Sun and C them
Cool, thanks very, very much... it makes so much sense when you know :)

Nice team overall. Only $3.7k in the bank is a concern for me, I think $10k as a minimum is essential

Context:
-Ryan gets injured, out for 10 weeks
-Venables scores 80s and has a BE of -100
-You can't even make that rookie correction trade in round 3

Back yourself though

tossing up these 2 options now, trying to lock one of them in.

team.jpeg

or this

team2.jpeg

second option leaves me with about 22k left which is slightly better than the 3.7 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back