2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But after all this time out, surely he would be short of midfielders required aerobic capacity ....i can see him playing predominately forward, at least for the first half of the season

IIRC Christensen was also getting annoyed at training, making bad decisions ......so he is rusty !

He had a busted collarbone, he's still been able to run and keep his aerobic capacity in reasonable shape, just no contact.

For $267k there is nobody else around that price that can go 85+

But after all this time out, surely he would be short of midfielders required aerobic capacity ....i can see him playing predominately forward, at least for the first half of the season

IIRC Christensen was also getting annoyed at training, making bad decisions ......so he is rusty !
collarbone injury would mean that he probably couldnt run for the first 8 or so week - after that he would be running and running because he couldn't get into the contact stuff.

That probably goes for every player at this stage - only just starting to get into match sims/praccy games etc, so everyone would be rusty

He had a busted collarbone, he's still been able to run and keep his aerobic capacity in reasonable shape, just no contact.

You're correct ......but he hasn't played much AFL in 2 years ....no amount of running compensates for that

If Christensen averages 80 he gets to $400K approx Round 11/12.
If he scores majority High 70's low 80's and throws in a tonne somwhere along the line he gets to $400k by round 8/9.

JLT will be the gauge, if he gets no midfield minutes then i'm off him.

But with no Rockliff i'm banking on him getting rotated through there.

If Christensen averages 80 he gets to $400K approx Round 11/12.
If he scores majority High 70's low 80's and throws in a tonne somwhere along the line he gets to $400k by round 8/9.

JLT will be the gauge, if he gets no midfield minutes then i'm off him.

But with no Rockliff i'm banking on him getting rotated through there.
And i'm banking on Withers getting more midfield time .....with Hodge down back

why would Witherden get more minutes in the middle? He legit hasn't played a game in the middle for the past 4 years!
1st year was last year ....and what he did in juniors, often bears no resemblance to his AFL career

Lets see how the season pans out .....the words were from Withers himself

1st year was last year ....and what he did in juniors, often bears no resemblance to his AFL career

Lets see how the season pans out .....the words were from Withers himself
that statement has already been proven wrong - he played half back for Falcons, which he did last year.

He may push onto a wing, but even then, I don't count that as midfield minutes due to the way the game is played this days. He won't go into centre bounces because he isn't that type of player

that statement has already been proven wrong - he played half back for Falcons, which he did last year.

He may push onto a wing, but even then, I don't count that as midfield minutes due to the way the game is played this days. He won't go into centre bounces because he isn't that type of player
Note the word "often" in my phrase .....it changes the way you interpreted what i said

Wingmen are counted as midfielders these days, what with all the rotations ......it's said that each team needs to run between 10-12 Midfielder rotations ....now given the centre square limitations, where are these other 7-9 players positioned ??

Love Witherden, and he will be another to benefit for sure.
$478K is a large chunk of cash for a 9 gamer though.
I agree, there's a big risk .....in my team, but not cemented ....but a 87 ppg ave in his first 9 games is super-impressive

His aerobic capacity has never been in reasonable shape

collarbone injury would mean that he probably couldnt run for the first 8 or so week - after that he would be running and running because he couldn't get into the contact stuff.

That probably goes for every player at this stage - only just starting to get into match sims/praccy games etc, so everyone would be rusty
He has never gone in for the contact stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Chee at the Eagles or Young at Suns better bets.

Nice to see the entire comp is playing as inside mids in 2018 :thumbsu:

I’m no expert on the Suns so who are their mids exactly?

Lyons and the forever injured Swallow, Barlow and Rischitelli and a bunch of kids?

I see plenty of opportunity for Young.

Hey guys and girls, I'm not usually one for a shameless plug, but i'll allow it today.

If you haven't already followed us at Supercoach Elites on Facebook and Twitter then we think you most definitely should. We're a tight knit bunch of mates who deliver a variety of content to our growing fan base of 1400 people. We'll post news, general discussion topics, analysis, reviews and SC scores. A few of the boys pump out very regular podcasts that you as a follower dictate the content of by posting what you want to hear in our comments.

For those of you familiar with my SC cheat sheet from 2017, we'll be dropping a sleeker and more in depth cheat sheet come the end of the JLT ready for mad dash to finish before first lockout. You won't wanna miss it.

For those of you who aren't familiar, heres the link to last years one:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/supercoach-2017-cheat-sheet-enjoy.1159244/

Anyway, we know there’s plenty of similar competition out there, but how many are part of the bigfooty family? ;) We hope you jump on board and come for the ride with us. Cheers

Very Rough Sketch.

75K left to make changes

Haven’t taken into account byes

Few midpricers there

Birchall may not be ready to go round 1 but I’ll change that once it becomes more well known
View attachment 459038
View attachment 459043

Any suggestions would be welcome

My suggestion is that if Worpel and Mirra play round one then finals for Hawthorn looks unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back