2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the side Bob ......just feel in defense & forwards, you need to go down to F4 & D4 .....even if those positions are mid pricers like a Christensen
I hear ya. Would prefer the strong midfield though over that F4/D4, as you know that’s where all the points are.

Even if I was to do it, where would I downgrade?

Any love for Darcy Parish????
giphy.gif

I hear ya. Would prefer the strong midfield though over that F4/D4, as you know that’s where all the points are.

Even if I was to do it, where would I downgrade?
Don't touch your midfield ....i agree with you there

I'm not convinced you need 3 defenders over $500K .....maybe downgrade Ryder ?

I've got 2 x $500K+ in defense plus 2 x $400K+ players plus 2 rookies

upload_2018-2-14_15-42-22.png

Spending too much on midfield rookies ATM but will change that once the JLT starts and the cheaper (~$120k) options start to distinguish themselves. Once I've done that I'll bump up someone like Brayshaw, Petracca, or Deledio (or even Barlow) to a genuine premo. Only $7,800 left in the bank.

**** it, pulled the trigger.

View attachment 460009

Don't like Brayshaw at all. Just don't see him being a top defender. Deledio is just horrible. Yes, hes undervalued, but by about $50k. Loading up on the 3 top draft picks seems too much. If you're really keen pick 1 but you could go another premium with two ordinary rookies.

View attachment 459996

Spending too much on midfield rookies ATM but will change that once the JLT starts and the cheaper (~$120k) options start to distinguish themselves. Once I've done that I'll bump up someone like Brayshaw, Petracca, or Deledio (or even Barlow) to a genuine premo. Only $7,800 left in the bank.

Zac Williams is injured. Big one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting here for now..
Hopefully can save a bit of cash by dropping some expensive rookies after the JLT.
Not sure on Heater either, but for now he holds his spot...just can't forget the double tonne he gave me in 2016.
He still gotta have the highest ceiling in defence!
Swore to never pick Hanners again after his start last year..somehow the sneaky campaigner is in there.
Want to get Ticth in if I can, can't find the cash yet with 17k left.
Thoughts...
IMG_0426.PNG
IMG_0427.PNG

Sitting here for now..
Hopefully can save a bit of cash by dropping some expensive rookies after the JLT.
Not sure on Heater either, but for now he holds his spot...just can't forget the double tonne he gave me in 2016.
He still gotta have the highest ceiling in defence!
Swore to never pick Hanners again after his start last year..somehow the sneaky campaigner is in there.
Want to get Ticth in if I can, can't find the cash yet with 17k left.
Thoughts...
View attachment 460039
View attachment 460042

Fcuk off Shaw and put Sicily then upgrade a mid to Titch.

Sicily will AVG more then Shaw IMO.

I hope people don't mind me posting this here, but there are 4 available teams in a 10-team Full Keeper Supercoach League that currently runs from the St Kilda (Animal House) Board.

Each team has a squad of 40+4 and other than a waiver wire for pickups during the season the rules are as close to AFL list rules as we can. Supercoach scoring but you have to play at least 2 key forwards and 2 key backs.

As one of the 4 teams struggled last year, I imagine the 4 new managers will have a draft to form their starting squads from available players - they should each be competitive (using last years scoring as a guide anyway).

The remaining 6 teams are committed to carrying on which is why we're allowing the watering down of St Kilda blood in the league and if we pick up non-Sainters I dare say we'll migrate to neutral territory on BF somewhere (no idea how that works!).

It's a great (and different) way to use all that Supercoach knowledge you have - managers have chipped in for prize money in the past, although that wasn't compulsory.

Rules (I kid you not) and available team lists attached. There'll be a few other available players that might get in the 4 squads but chances are the bulk of the players will come from the attached.

Would be great to hear from anyone interested - either quote this post or PM me.

Cheers

Last chance to join a 10 team full keeper/dynasty league that operates from Big Footy board’s using Supercoach scoring.

We’re about to start our third season and we have 1 space free.

We can’t really operate with 9 so we’re really keen to get another manager so someone doesn’t miss out.

Other than allowing free agent pickups through the season we try and operate as close to reality as we can. We have squads of 44 and you have to field at least 2 Key Forwards and 2 Key Backs in your lineup each week.

There’s a good bunch of managers involved, an optional cash prize and all in all it provides a different type of challenge for Supercoach disciples.

If you’d like to sign up please reply to this post or pm me. Supporters of all teams welcome.

Cheers

Fcuk off Shaw and put Sicily then upgrade a mid to Titch.

Sicily will AVG more then Shaw IMO.
Not sure on Sicily...think he's a solid player, just not sure he can take the next step and be consistent for a full year.
He did finish well last year...mmm
feel the risks should be taken up fwd.
hate lost points in def..so hard to gain em back from the competition.
Think we have a better chance of a fwd goin 140+ than a def.
Shaw has a good history..Sicily..not there yet.
Double tonne mate!!

Last edited:
Not sure on Sicily...think he's a solid player, just not sure he can take the next step and be consistent for a full year.
He did finish well last year...mmm
feel the risks should be taken up fwd.
hate lost points in def..so hard to gain em back from the competition.
Think we have a better chance of a fwd goin 140+ than a def.
Shaw has a good history..Sicily..not there yet.
Double tonne mate!!

I rate Shaw as a pick this year with Williams & Wilson out of the picture.

My team... which has changed about 50+ times already! Pretty happy with it so far.

Not so sure about NicNat's fitness, and reckon he'll start very slow with pretty much no preparation going into 2018. Lycett is a placeholder at the moment.

Have loaded my midfield, which is a different tactic from previous years. Confident that Danger/Martin/Mitchell/Crouch/Fyfe will round out the Top 5 mid scorer for 2018, so if all goes to plan will ensure I have a near set and forget midfield for the entire year, bar the last 1-2 spots. Cripps, if he stays fit, should easily finish in the Top 10 scorers. JOM appeals, but his knees will continue to be an ongoing issue for him. Also tempted with Freo's Brayshaw, but will monitor his pre-season.

Standard FWDs. Sicily appeals due to his consistency in 2017, and if he stays in defence for the Hawks he should only continue his form. Christensen is another that stands out, but will wait and see how he performs and what role he has in the pre-season.

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 3.41.13 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back