2018 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of Mitch Hibberd starting round 1 for the roos and holding his spot, i read a few days back that he won the 2k time trial (i think) i dont mind spending 170 k on a 2nd year rookie if they are going to play a dozen+ games and make some decent money. There has to be a few Kangaroos rookies that will get a few early games surely.

I've noticed a few people have Cam Oshea in defence as a 166 k rookie, is he likely to get many games early for carlton?

Hawks supporters, thoughts on the prospects of Dave Mirra, James Worpel and Dylan Moore?

Any of the 3 look likely to feature early?

I think Mirra is every chance and is my D8 currently. At 26 he is a strong unit, disciplined and ready. He is a leader and understands the Hawks system having been at Box Hill for years. IMO he could get plenty of games but we still have Stratton, Birchall and Frawley to fit into the back line. IMO he could be the Gibson replacement. Burton will play elsewhere imo.

Worpel and Moore are late picks who will be allowed to develop. If they crack a couple of games it will be a good effort. Any more than that would be a nice surprise or our injury list is horrific.

Harry Morrison is the one we will all miss out on. Cheap as chips last year. Plays the last game (a nothing game) scores 79 SC points and starts the season at $260k which is bs.

Last edited:

What are the chances of Mitch Hibberd starting round 1 for the roos and holding his spot, i read a few days back that he won the 2k time trial (i think) i dont mind spending 170 k on a 2nd year rookie if they are going to play a dozen+ games and make some decent money. There has to be a few Kangaroos rookies that will get a few early games surely.

I've noticed a few people have Cam Oshea in defence as a 166 k rookie, is he likely to get many games early for carlton?

Maybe, but I will be shocked if Lochie O'Brien does not play 15+ games next year barring injury with Doc out and he is a fantastic user of the ball with a lethal left foot which we will use off half back.

He was my 1st rookie lock in the backline and the better Blues choice at close to the same price.

I saw an article on facebook earlier but couldnt read it due the HS demanding money to sign up with them, anyway the headline was about some 102k gold coast rookie who played sanfl last year and is a defender i think?

Can anyone expand on this? a 102k rookie would be delish.

Last edited:
Also i heard Leon Cameron on sports radio tonight an they asked him about Dylan Buckley and what his strengths are as a player and why they picked him up and he said something along the lines of ' hes a real competitor and he has a little bit of nastiness about him which e love and we are going to play in the forward line'

Im assuming he means seniors?

edit: just realised whats he was worth, **** that. maybe i was thinking of someone else.

double edit: ignore my first edit haha so he is only 158k this year and a defender, i used the search bar and it said he was a 284k fwd last year for the blues so i thought he'd still be roughly that, now thats a decent discount.

Last edited:
I saw an article on facebook earlier but couldnt read it due the HS demanding money to sign up with them, anyway the headline was about some 102k gold coast rookie who played sanfl last year and is a defender i think?

Nick Holman.
Used to be on the Blues list.
Is a mid only this year, used to be listed as a defender when he was at Carlton.

Nick Holman.
Used to be on the Blues list.
Is a mid only this year, used to be listed as a defender when he was at Carlton.

Ex Vic Country captain. Good Kyabram player.
Was shocked blues cut him to be honest.
Can play

Ex Vic Country captain. Good Kyabram player.
Was shocked blues cut him to be honest.
Can play
Yep. Contested ball beast.

Is the rookie list still happening next year? Hopefully Holman won’t need a promotion to play

Yep. Contested ball beast.

Is the rookie list still happening next year? Hopefully Holman won’t need a promotion to play

Yes i think he still needs to be promoted to play I think.

But its Gold Coast - lets be honest they'll have 10 injuries before Jan 31st

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, but I will be shocked if Lochie O'Brien does not play 15+ games next year barring injury with Doc out and he is a fantastic user of the ball with a lethal left foot which we will use off half back.

He was my 1st rookie lock in the backline and the better Blues choice at close to the same price.

He’s a great talent but was probably the worst contested player of his draft. I can’t see him averaging much more than 60 in SC and as a result he won’t make much cash. For now I see him as SC irrelevant.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A bit of talk around he might get a run as a tagger.
Happy days.
if he gets a run at all he's a lock at 102k.

Yummy yummy.
KAF9vGh.gif

185107.jpg

Farmer Hurn has spoken.
hillbilly19.jpg

May i ask for your daughter Brandeen's hand in marriage sir?
full.jpg

Like the braids, gives you something to hang on to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back