News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hanners could be the best thing to happen to this club for some time.
#Pumped

Exactly he is so up and about and would be great to have around the club. Watching that video - what a contrast in the personalities between he and Billings. Although Jack is slowly coming out of himself and displaying small pieces of confidence in public.

So Hanners thinks we're on the way up and Swans on the way down. Interesting...

One of the benefits of getting hanners, Ratten and lade in is they come from successful teams. Which they will rate us like every other team in the league. I dont believe they would get involved with us if they didnt see us as a chance of winning a flag. They also will have great feedback on what their teams viewed as our strengths and weaknesses are which they set their game plan up too. Ratten alone will have a such a good idea on other team structures

Hanners seems genuinely happy to be at the Saints.

We get cynical about $850k a year but he was on that @ Sydney and was contracted so didn't HAVE to leave.

I watched him closely when I was at training, really serious but wanted to put some fun into it with Acres and Web.

If he is putting it on, he is a damn fine actor.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

5 minutes into the That's Good For Footy and I'm loving it. Hadn't heard of it until now, but what a fun show. Kinda reminds me of what The Footy Show kinda felt like back in the 90's but I could be remembering it wrong.
There's about half a dozen that the show has done with our boys, should watch them back when you get the chance. Great laid back show.

There's about half a dozen that the show has done with our boys, should watch them back when you get the chance. Great laid back show.

Host is fun. He's kinda rough around the edges but I like that. Hanners is very impressive, had to laugh when he burst out laughing at Billings trying to talk up a new recruit he didn't know much about. Hanners seems to be across all the new guys, what a legend.

Many thanks for the link gringo...….it was a great read.

Anyone who isn't excited on any level for 2019 hasn't got a pulse !!!!

It's very very early days....but it's hard to believe there's so much to look forward to after this years train wreck.

Many thanks for the link gringo...….it was a great read.

Anyone who isn't excited on any level for 2019 hasn't got a pulse !!!!

It's very very early days....but it's hard to believe there's so much to look forward to after this years train wreck.

Thank Triggering Bro, outline is the best thing ever. Pay walls used to drive me nuts, on facebook you see so many good articles you can't open without a subscription.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not really media related but some local news on our very own Matt Parker ... one of our western Saints members was at the Warrona football club scratch match / introductions day this week and young Matt Parker was in attendance .... nothing earth shattering there .... except Matt was decked out head to toe in his Saints gear.. so here we have a player who is not on official Saints work obviously so chuffed about being at the club hes still rocking the colours on his return home for christmas ...
check out or facebook page to see the photo ...

not really media related but some local news on our very own Matt Parker ... one of our western Saints members was at the Warrona football club scratch match / introductions day this week and young Matt Parker was in attendance .... nothing earth shattering there .... except Matt was decked out head to toe in his Saints gear.. so here we have a player who is not on official Saints work obviously so chuffed about being at the club hes still rocking the colours on his return home for christmas ...
check out or facebook page to see the photo ...
he's my favourite of our new recruits

i think more so than some of the others i get the feeling he is just so totally over the moon to be getting this shot .. i think because 2 years ago it was such a massive long shot for him to be here today he is just absorbing it all in ...
He's got the quadrella:

1. feel good bad-boy-comes-good-and-does-right-by-his-family story;
2. rags-to-riches story;
3. already loves the club; and
4. doesn't just look good, but exciting to boot!

Seriously, what's not to love?

He's got the quadrella:

2. rags-to-riches story;

maybe its the christmas cheer in me and im getting way way waaaaaaaaay ahead of myself but he has that look to him as the kind of guy who in a g/f plays totally outside and beyond his abilitys to win the norm smith from nowhere ...

He's got the quadrella:

2. rags-to-riches story;

You forgot the "I'll bite your face off" look.

Last edited:
Stan Alves played this to the playing group before they ran out for the '97 prelim

Gee we had some good boys then didn’t we. One of the best sides never to win a premership. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2018 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back