List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Just hope jack wasn’t waiting around to see what we do and after missing out on Shiel decides to put a request in

Wonder if we have anything else up our sleeve
This worries me too. Cannot afford to lose Jack. If we do we drop off and start again. We have limited experience and will trade even more players for picks.
I personally am sick of rebuilds.
47 and tired of being the supporter of a team that gets laughed at and are the punching bag. Had a guy tell me today we are the Sun's of Victoria.
Just wanted that hope. If we get King yeah, he may be a star but, does he stay when he finally hits form in 3-4 years and we are still rebuilding!?
We better get some better players because I feel sick.

So are you suggesting that a club who can't pay a particular Player his true "value" because of salary cap problems should actually receive better compensation because of their poor TPP management. Really - that's opening pandora's can of worms!!!

If WC really want Lycett to stay they could trade out some players, change player payments and then put a better deal to him (if they actually thought he was worth it) Why didn't they do that? Because they think he's not worth the money being offered by a desperate club and West Coast, by not upping their offer, can exploit a flaw in the system.

Good luck to them - all I'm doing is pointing out the flaw.

Are you suggesting that the value of a previous contract is the true value and thus give compensation on that. Or even a pretend next contract which is all it is. And wce may want him to stay but that doesn’t mean they get rid of players just to fit him in just because another club wants to pay more. The flaw is simple. There should be no compensation for anyone but that would have more whingers. Anyway this was about hickey being compared to Lycett. The way I see it at least 50% of saints supporters think he is worse than longer and so pick 20 would be a miracle

Found this:

Looks like he kicks about 8.10... Full beast mode, St.Kilda style.

Take King with pick 4.

Play him as a mid.

A speedy, 238cm mid.

A speedy, 238cm mid who drifts forward and takes 4 marks and kicks 3 goals each quarter.

Problem solved

Can’t I just point out that everyone who wants a midfielder from the DRAFT. Besides wash, no one from this draft will play midfield next year or the year after. Bailey smith will develop as a back man. Like he did in his underage year at the dragons. He will take a few years. M.King or B.Smith will take 2-3 years to really start impacting. So a few people on here need to lower some expectations on smith even if we do get him won’t be playing midfield straight away just because he’s a ‘pure midfielder’ in the tac does not mean he will start there in the seniors. Same Path as Andy McGrath I would suspect.

Found this:

Looks like he kicks about 8.10... Full beast mode, St.Kilda style.

I just watched the first minute, apart from looking a foot taller than the other kids…

> out on the full
> missed an easy target
> kicked a behind
> goal from the goal line
> kicks behind

Schache was a beast in the juniors too wasn't he?

:oops:

My sources tell me our bid was let down by the quality of the dimmies at the fish n chip shop in the Pines. Apparently they didn't put enough salt on them and they'd ran out of coke :eek:

I think the main hope now is that Hannebery can re-capture his previous form, Steele takes another step and a player such as Clark steps up big time. End of the day our midfield is weak, adding Hannebery is great, Shiel would have been the icing on the cake but it's not to be.

I think we should pick Smith in the draft. Seems he's the second best midfielder in it and exactly what we need. If we take King then our forward line looks like even more of a mess.
Yep, development team need to do some massive work.
Get Kent and like players. GC did a good job getting players from Times and we need to do the same.
Get Smith in draft and trade a forward and Hickey for a couple more kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would have thought the D#$% Ch@#$% are going to become a destination club

Well now the monkey is off our back and we can concentrate on getting someone else or draft picks.

Hope we get some gun player for pick 4. Knowing our luck hmmm.........

Can we put 20% of our 2020 salary into next year if we don't land anyone?

Make space in our cap for a 4 million dollar signing fee for Kelly or some other hero?

Can’t I just point out that everyone who wants a midfielder from the DRAFT. Besides wash, no one from this draft will play midfield next year or the year after. Bailey smith will develop as a back man. Like he did in his underage year at the dragons. He will take a few years. M.King or B.Smith will take 2-3 years to really start impacting. So a few people on here need to lower some expectations on smith even if we do get him won’t be playing midfield straight away just because he’s a ‘pure midfielder’ in the tac does not mean he will start there in the seniors. Same Path as Andy McGrath I would suspect.
Surely people realise that

To those who are taking great delight at trolling Carlton over this!
Seriously take a look at what's happening in our own backyard!

It's a joke!
We are a bloody joke!
When the comp was open slather the Blues just did it better than anyone else
then Collo and Elliott thought they were bigger than the comp and they were brought down!
And how!
What was Essendope punishment for crimes against the game that were far more damaging!
Sweet f#ck all! When it comes to Rorting salary caps, doping of players, influencing umpires
and just generally having their dirty dick high up in the AFL'S arse!
Not to mention their pathetic bleating and whinging whenever things don't go their way!

Meanwhile the poor ol Sainters are left to live up to the title that Vlad gave us years ago
just another one of those teams that the Collingwoods and the Essendonds have to play
on their way to their entitled Glories!

Say what you will about comps like the EPL!
Least their it's pretty transparent as to who the big clubs are and why!

Our so called equalized comp is just a thinly disguised farce!

He looks exciting. But that kicking action...with him, Paddy and the JBs in the forward line we might break all-time behind kicking records next year.
Thanks to the Saints unparalleled AFL intel (McLaughlin, Lethlean, Finnis etc), we have the upper hand when it comes to future strategy.

Most clubs and media have already heard of the introduction of the 6-6-6 starting positions and the 18 metre goal squares. However only we know about the changes to the scoring system whereby a behind will now be worth 12 points.

Keep it under ya hat ;)

I just watched the first minute, apart from looking a foot taller than the other kids…

> out on the full
> missed an easy target
> kicked a behind
> goal from the goal line
> kicks behind

Schache was a beast in the juniors too wasn't he?

:oops:

Tom Boyd looked like Wayne Carey with more bulk and an ice addiction. He won games off his own work. He was throwing kids out of the way and jagging clutch goals.

Reading that there's possibility of Scully to Swans. Can we intervene?
He’s exactly the type of player we need when fit.

The problem is he had knee issues then broke his ankle so I’d be worried about what impact that will have on a running machine like him. Then there’s the cost, I have no idea what gws would want for him but we’re pretty much snookered with our lack of picks at present.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back