List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Long might be more overrated than Acres on here lol. Seriously, what has he actually shown?

A huge future as a pressure small forward. He has speed, aggression, can tackle, can take an overhead mark and can kick goals. Why do you think the injectors and Melb are asking?

I cant believe some AFL followers lack of understanding or forsight into whats make a quality player.

Long is clearly rated very highly. I'm guessing we'd be looking to re-sign him on some decent coin, hopefully soon.

Committed to the cause of playing Finals I see

Whats wrong with quiet day outing to the Melbourne Botanical Gardens, followed by a 10km run ?
Committed to the cause of playing Finals I see

Whats wrong with quiet day outing to the Melbourne Botanical Gardens, followed by a 10km run ?
Indeed, Sarcoidevo. Having been a veteran of a number of Oktoberfests ( my brother lives in Sonthofen in the alps not too far away from Munich), I can assure there would be few worse places to spend your pre-preseason period. Indulging in an endless procession of one litre steins of beer and sausage, bread, spätzle, cakes and more beer is the ideal way for our young players to prove their commitment to improve. I know they deserve a break and should let their hair down, but Oktoberfest? Really? Apart from having to negotiate your way around thousands of drunken baboons, it is a place where you gain weight merely by walking through it. A few beers on a quiet tropical beach might have been the go. Prost!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well at least we'll know officially that the AFL are trying to fold us if we trade out our best ruckman for a 60-odd, swap Long for Kent and draft another KPF with 4.

When do the spoon markets open for next year?
We didn’t trade Hickey for that, Long won’t go and who knows who we’ll draft. So much speculation.

Ok so thats Hickey gone. People keep saying for a 2nd rounder but as someone pointed out
before, we have affectively traded him for Pick 60! Somehow that's seen as a win!
Suppose if we can somehow satisfy Syd with this, it works out well!

Has Lonie officially asked to be traded yet?

Long might be more overrated than Acres on here lol. Seriously, what has he actually shown?
True.. Geelong drafted Parfitt a pick after Long. Parfitt has played 34 games kicked 21 goals playing as a mid, vs Long 14 games and 7 goals playing as a forward. Is Long really that good? Compare to who we have in the team maybe, but in my opinion Lonie is much better in both scoring impact and versatility.

A huge future as a pressure small forward. He has speed, aggression, can tackle, can take an overhead mark and can kick goals. Why do you think the injectors and Melb are asking?

I cant believe some AFL followers lack of understanding or forsight into whats make a quality player.
He looks like he’s about to explode and does possess all the qualities you mentioned.

I expect he will really start to build on what to this point in time has really only been a couple of cameos imo.

Didn't get much for him though.

DpHW1maUwAASDhO.jpg:large

https://www.draftguru.com.au/pick-value-calculator#39,75|Hickey,60,60

Equivalent of pick 60 taking the other picks into account. I'm not bothered that he's gone but that sounds too low for mine.

Yeah because 10 4th rounder will get you the same sort of player a 1st rounder will get you. :drunk: Simple points system is ....simple.

There's zero chance Long is traded. Not with Lonie leaving for greener pastures. And certainly not as part of the Kent deal.
Yeah the Kent part cracked me up , maybe a straight swap would work lol F------g idiots writing this crap

It would have to be Kent plus a first round Pick, which you don't have.

Kent is probably worth a pick in the 60's being uncontracted.

So his value has increased after 14 games, since you picked him in the second round at number 25?

Not being a dick, just haven't watched a lot of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back