Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 21; St Kilda Saints v Paddle Pop Bears, Marvel Stadium, Sunday 4th August 4;40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s tagging.
So did Steele, once upon a time. And Windy.
Doesn’t mean he’ll do it forever and doesn’t prevent him from getting his own ball as well. Nothing wrong with another guy in there who doesn’t take a backward step.

So did Steele, once upon a time. And Windy.
Doesn’t mean he’ll do it forever and doesn’t prevent him from getting his own ball as well. Nothing wrong with another guy in there who doesn’t take a backward step.
I was really impressed in his ability to hand it out from under a pack. we got quite a few clearances from his hands.

and a Steele goal as well

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Flying over from Tassie to watch this game.
Really looking forward to it and hope we bring our best.
Stocker has to run with Neale we can’t afford to have him getting off the chain.
Marshall has to nullify the Big O at ball ups and not give them an easy clearance.
Looking forward to watching Sharman, Caminiti, Membrey, Owens, Higgins and Buttler work the forwardline that’s a really dangerous forward set up on there day.
Hoping Pou comes back and finds his form before he got injured.
Howard, Wilkie, Webster and Battle to play a rock solid game as always.
Nas and Sinclair to run and create off halfback so silky.
Hill, Wilson, Byrnes and Wood to run all day and provide options and Steele to dominate in and under.
Okay I’ve convinced myself we’re a good chance.
Go Saints.

Is Paddy Dow better than Hunter Clark?

Hopefully next year this is an irrelevant question. Both are at the point where they should be well-entrenched in a best 22 lineup

Clark had his face broken just as he was ready to break out and has had some horrible injury luck. I am confident he will be a great POD in our engine room with what he brings.

Here's what I want to see, my man Coops back up last week.

Can it happen?

Andrews can only go to one player. They're still short on quality tall defenders at the moment. There will be an opportunity for him to play well once again, but his form lately (10 goals in five weeks, goals in all those games, multiple goals in the last four) suggests he's already going pretty consistently well.

Andrews can only go to one player. They're still short on quality tall defenders at the moment. There will be an opportunity for him to play well once again, but his form lately (10 goals in five weeks, goals in all those games, multiple goals in the last four) suggests he's already going pretty consistently well.
Directly set up a few last week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then shouldn’t everyone be getting 15 a game? But only Hugo is, so obviously he’s doing something different.

Same with disposal efficiency , the numbers may be totally wrong, but the guy getting 85% is obviously doing something different to the guy with 30%.

You have to compare similar positions, but you can still compare.

I’d like to see a similar intent and aggressive focus to the one he bought last week, anything less will disappoint me. He will get more attention this week from the Lions and you’d expect the Lions defence won’t be as limp as Essendons.

Here's what I want to see, my man Coops back up last week.

Can it happen?
Hope he can have another good game, same for Hammer and Membrey. Coops gets moved around a bit, so not really a stay-home forward. The Lions are big scorers, so we need a big effort from our forwards and mids to get on the scoreboard.

Hope he can have another good game, same for Hammer and Membrey. Coops gets moved around a bit, so not really a stay-home forward. The Lions are big scorers, so we need a big effort from our forwards and mids to get on the scoreboard.
If Battle stays. Will be interesting to see if our forward line can function with King, Caminitti & Sharman next year. Plenty of sides going smaller and less mobile. If that combo is to work you’d need a lot of forward pressure from the other 3 forwards.

The Cobra did you get to training?
Yes thanks- I was there for about an hour- a few snippets:

The big takeaway - Mitch and Battle in the green no contact caps. I think RTB said Battle was playing sore last game. Battle participated in everything.

Unfortunately Mitch did some warm up drills, then some one on one work with an assistant, some goal kicking and walked laps then went into the rooms after 45 minutes - reckon he is very doubtful.

Pou was in everything and looks ready to go.

Windy and Hall ran laps together and did some work on the far side of the ground. Windy maybe next week?

Cordy ran laps.

A lot of small sided games with an emphasis on maintaining possession and ball movement. Also a drill focussing on ground balls under pressure.

I left as match sim was winding up. Skills weren’t great to be honest (1 abysmal kick into the forward line by Dow I think) but it was getting windy so maybe cut them some slack.

El Presidente was there saying hello to everyone and he had a long chat to Misson inside the fence. Jason Blake was also spotted.

Is Paddy Dow better than Hunter Clark?

Who knows. They are both a bit limited but still have upside. Both need a bit of luck and continuity. Dow is a horrible kick but at his best could be the mass accumulator we need. Clark offers a bit of the intangible in his game. He's creative and unique but low possession.

His form guide

2 goals
2 goals
3 goals and could’ve easily had 6

He already has.
Coops has always been a prolific goalkicker. The issue with him is the effort around the ground and ground level stuff - he usually stays in the F50 when he's supposed to get up the ground to provide an outlet. Last week was a turning point in that space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back