Remove this Banner Ad

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North: trade current 4th round (pick 54) for Richmond's Shai Bolton

GWS: trade current 1st and 2nd round (picks 8 and 24) for North's Preuss and first round pick (pick 13)

North: trade current 1st round (pick 8) for Freomantle's Adam Cerra

Geelong: trade tim kelly and 1st round (pick 14) for Freomantle's pick 8.

Think he is worth slightly more than that.

GWS: trade current 1st and 2nd round (picks 8 and 24) for North's Preuss and first round pick (pick 13)

Preuss could be worth a pick in the 30s maybe. So that's way off.

Value is about right probably. Doubt Freo would trade him.

I wouldn't do that if I was Geelong. That's miles off.

How about:
  • Gaff to Melbourne for 34 and 2019 first rounder
  • 36 for Daniel Rich

We cant pay him under the cap. You pick up salary and we're talking

Geelong lose Kelly and pick 14
Gain pick 8.

Won't happen.

If Kelly decides to go home it'll be pick 8 that'll get the deal done on it's own.

Pick 8 in a strong draft for a player that wants to go home. Dreaming nakia.
You're forgetting he's still contracted.

You're dreaming if you think your scenario even has a remote chance of happening.

And Kelly is a ready made star who is still only 23.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think Rich is worth?

I think he suits us, but it would all come down to trade price. That and we could only afford his salary if one of Gaff, McGovern or Lycett left.
He's 28 so got a good 3-4 years left while you are in your flag window, I think he would be a really good player in a good side, he has been loyal to the Lions for very little on field reward, I would not begrudge him having a crack at success, a bit like Rocky.

What about your current first selection this year ie currently pick 22? What do you think he is worth?

Brisbane's 4th round pick (currently 56) for Anthony Miles.

Any team could of had him for stuff all last year and no one showed any interest in him at all. He's had basically the exact same statline in the VFL this year as he did last year, but he's been kicking a few more goals.
Unfortunately for Snips sake I reckon he'll be overlooked at the end of they year again.

He's 28 so got a good 3-4 years left while you are in your flag window, I think he would be a really good player in a good side, he has been loyal to the Lions for very little on field reward, I would not begrudge him having a crack at success, a bit like Rocky.

What about your current first selection this year ie currently pick 22? What do you think he is worth?
Yeah, a pick around 22 to 25 would be good. More likely to end up with a late second.

I don’t think he is worth 22. Would happily swap for pick 36. But fair enough if you would prefer to keep him instead of swapping for pick 36.

Any team could of had him for stuff all last year and no one showed any interest in him at all. He's had basically the exact same statline in the VFL this year as he did last year, but he's been kicking a few more goals.
Unfortunately for Snips sake I reckon he'll be overlooked at the end of they year again.
Didn’t want to leave Melbourne.

Pretty sure he’s an unrestricted free agent, isn’t he?

Don’t know why everyone is intent on trading for him, when clubs can just sign him and you guys get a compo pick back.

Didn’t want to leave Melbourne.

Pretty sure he’s an unrestricted free agent, isn’t he?

Don’t know why everyone is intent on trading for him, when clubs can just sign him and you guys get a compo pick back.

To my understanding he would of left Vic if he had to but didn't get an offer.

Nah only came to the Tiges at the end of '13.

Arhhh narhhh

On dvi... Kelly +1161 traded for 1551 = Geelong trading Kelly for 390 points basically pick 42. That will not happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back