2019 1st Ashes Test - Edgbaston 1-5 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Many slips catches are, but I'd expect those to be caught.

In any case, the Vic vs NSW trope is boring.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah look Smith wouldn’t be happy with it but at least it was when we were 260 ahead lol

if only kayo existed when the rights for this broadcast were being determined

They did.

Their name is Foxtel.

How can you get it wrong? Bowl Lyon and put fielders close.

I reckon we should of been more aggressive to Anderson, why not put 9 fieldsmen around the bat? Might've caught that one that went past slip

You get it wrong by doing a Root and being overly defensive in your field placings, for example.

Been a while since I've felt this good after a test win.

I think of the last year and a bit that Smith had.

I think of Wade, and the selectors obviously not wanting to pick him, but him leaving them no choice.

I think of Patto and Cummins, and the bowling tandem that we wanted for the last 8 years taking this long to get together.

And I think of Lyon, as I do regularly watching our test team - here's a guy who was a ******* nobody when he was picked, but probably got just as far by being smart as he did from natural ability, just learning as he went what was needed to be a test bowler.

I love em, I wanna boof em, get em up here!
Happy for Siddle too. Always seemed likely a really likeable bloke and good to have around the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for Siddle too. Always seemed likely a really likeable bloke and good to have around the team.

How did I even forget my fellow vegan? I love this guy.

Brilliant is one way to call that match. To come from 8/122 to win by 251 runs on a ground which has been a graveyard for us with a double century from Smith to hit back at his booers is something I haven't from Australia in a long time.

You just felt like we have options when it comes to pitches. Prepare a greentop and Cummins, Patto and Siddle will eat them alive. Prepare a raging turner and we will see Lyon dominate ala first 2 tests in India. Maybe a dry pitch I suppose...

Best bet is to prepare a highway so their batting doesn’t get exposed. But it will likely end up in a draw as Warner will potentially destroy the bowlers on a road. I dunno.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 1st Ashes Test - Edgbaston 1-5 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back