2019 1st Ashes Test - Edgbaston 1-5 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Root speaking rather well here, was given every chance to make excuses but owned the loss and gave the Aussies the credit they deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep there's not really a weakness there. They may make runs at times but it will always be hard work. None of our bowlers are easy to get away and are all happy to probe away.

It’s funny, we hate our home pitches, but our bowlers have learnt over the last decade how to get results on flat pitches.

There’s no other team in world cricket as good as doing it.

A above average hot England summer definitely plays into our hands.

Great set up for the rest of the series.

England will be sweating on the fitness of their fast bowlers.

Next game at Lords where we have a pretty good record; if we play well there and get the result we need you can’t really see us losing the series.

Smith potentially in for a big run haul too. Should be fun to watch.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great win.

Must be said that England were handicapped by losing Anderson, perhaps not enough made of it.

What must also be said is that Australia showed some grit whereas England did not.

England were very poor once Australia got a bit of a sniff.

Nah, England should go in with an unchanged line up. Just trying to find their feet this Test they were. Anderson should be right, over a week break before next test.

Great result for the series, but also for Aus cricket. Reckon the side has won the public back over, they've certainly won me over.

Agree. This time of year is not so great on overseas sports to take up viewing for late nights (now that Tour De France is done), and was wondering whether to commit to the Ashes. I’m in now all the way.

You just felt like we have options when it comes to pitches. Prepare a greentop and Cummins, Patto and Siddle will eat them alive. Prepare a raging turner and we will see Lyon dominate ala first 2 tests in India. Maybe a dry pitch I suppose...

Best bet is to prepare a highway so their batting doesn’t get exposed. But it will likely end up in a draw as Warner will potentially destroy the bowlers on a road. I dunno.

5-0....

We can dream...

With Bairstow flinging the ball into Smithy, Root getting cranky refusing to shake hands pre-game when Paine suggested it, Eoin Morgan saying he doesn't mind if the crowd boos after Kohli told them to stop, and Roy spitting at the Aus crowd I think this win was even more satisfying than a usual win over England before you even take into account that it's at Edgbaston as the first game of an away series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just felt like we have options when it comes to pitches. Prepare a greentop and Cummins, Patto and Siddle will eat them alive. Prepare a raging turner and we will see Lyon dominate ala first 2 tests in India. Maybe a dry pitch I suppose...

Best bet is to prepare a highway so their batting doesn’t get exposed. But it will likely end up in a draw as Warner will potentially destroy the bowlers on a road. I dunno.

Don't think they want a dry pitch. That will suit us like the ones at home. A highway where they bat first and get a score then our bats crumble under the pressure of it is about the only hope and again it will be tough work as it will take them forever to make anything against our bowling lineup and they won't get Smith out.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 1st Ashes Test - Edgbaston 1-5 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back