List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

OUT: pick 19 (2018), pick 9 (2019)
IN: pick 4 (2019)
OUT: pick 4 (2019)
IN: pick 12, 18 (2019) and pick ~15-18+ after father/son/academy bids (2020)
Breaking even.
I posted on another thread that I think we had a shot at pick 1-2 and missed. Breaking even with a reset for extra picks doesn't upset me too much.

They're unlikely to do 12, 18 and Hately (pick 14), let alone Bonner as well.

Depends on where they see Boner. Hately vs 2020 1st isn't a big deal if that's what we preferred. Bonar and Hately are a fair way down their midfield peaking order. Green, Caldwell plus Ward will be ahead of them. Gws do give away decent players at times to non threatening teams.

Depends on where they see Boner. Hately vs 2020 1st isn't a big deal if that's what we preferred. Bonar and Hately are a fair way down their midfield peaking order. Green, Caldwell plus Ward will be ahead of them. Gws do give away decent players at times to non threatening teams.
Ward is 30 years old going into season 2020 with injuries starting to take toll so i don't think he'll be involved in their calculations long term.

And by the way Aiden might give you a boner but his surname is Bonar. ;)

The more I think about it maybe the Giants are after pick 4 for Lachie Ash or Hayden Young to replace veteran Heath Shaw off half back, Ash the more likely of the two?
I don't think they're targeting anyone at this stage.
Geelong has 1 player in mind which is why they want Melbourne's 3 or our 4.

Well, Ryder has nearly no trade value, Jones is a second round at best, with Hill being the only real valuable player on that list.
Also, it helps when Howard is being pushed out the door. He certainly won’t be staying at Alberton.

So they probably need a first, maybe 2 seconds and a pick over 60 to get it done. Doesn’t seem unrealistic to me.

The more I think about it maybe the Giants are after pick 4 for Lachie Ash or Hayden Young to replace veteran Heath Shaw off half back, Ash the more likely of the two?

Could well be the case.

They may also be happy with the risk of Melbourne taking Green at 3, knowing they already have enough quality inside mids on their list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Ryder has nearly no trade value, Jones is a second round at best, with Hill being the only real valuable player on that list.
Also, it helps when Howard is being pushed out the door. He certainly won’t be staying at Alberton.

So they probably need a first, maybe 2 seconds and a pick over 60 to get it done. Doesn’t seem unrealistic to me.
Hill will be 2 x 1st round picks (probably one being 2020 1st)
Jones will be 2nd round pick
Howard will be 2nd round pick ....maybe a 2nd and 4th
Ryder will be a 3rd round pick

Lotta picks to find

Steven and Bruce going, likely to trade Newnes as well.

So they probably need a first, maybe 2 seconds and a pick over 60 to get it done
Hang on, we've got those picks...

Hill will be 2 x 1st round picks (probably one being 2020 1st)
Jones will be 2nd round pick
Howard will be 2nd round pick ....maybe a 2nd and 4th
Ryder will be a 3rd round pick

Lotta picks to find
Hill 2 firsts...huh?

Ill take Howard for a 2nd. In fact, straight swap for Keath thanks

Hill 2 firsts...huh?

Ill take Howard for a 2nd. In fact, straight swap for Keath thanks
Hill ...yes, widely recognised as the price to pay ....he's still on a 4 year contract IIRC ....and Saints going to pay $900K per season

I lost all interest in Father Son when it was deemed that even Brett Ebert wasn't eligible....

Pretty much proves how VFL centric it was....

If an Ebert isn't a Port pick, no one is FFS.

To be fair though Ebert was eligible as was Borlase under the original rules.

Everything was fine until Rucci decided to start meddling in the Crows business and as a consequence ended up ruining it for everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back