List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Win for the WCE can be called when they win a flag from this. Otherwise they have sold the farm here. Not saying it’s a mistake but Geelong are the big winners. Out of contract, guy has genuine compassionate grounds to request the trade and yet they can almost do a mini rebuild with this trade without bottoming out.

Who cares?

They've already got a flag last year, still firmly in the window, Eagles have license to do whatever the hell they want. Geelong have botched their chance for another several years at least with an ageing team now.

333Capture.PNG

Idiot #1: looks like WCE have got their man, for pick 14, 24, 37, and a first rounder next year, but they got pick 57 and a third rounder from next year back
Idiot #2: Geelong really got screwed on this deal, he was worth four first round picks, that's so nice of them to let him go home on compassionate grounds

Final trade was:

IN: Tim Kelly, Pick 57, Future 3rd
OUT: Pick 14, 24, 37 and Future 1st

Huge price to pay but for a superstar, you just do it
The future first will become a pick in the 20s given the volume of F/S and NGAs next season, more a second round than a first.

A late first, two seconds and an early third is not quite the haul everyone is banging on about.

On HTC 2PS6200 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kelly was key to their transition, Danger will be 30 R1 next year, Selwood and Ablett just about cooked.

They’ll need a rebuild
They've got a very good big tall midfielder just coming into himself in Charlie Constable who like here should have been getting more games before now but you're right their midfield at least is in very poor shape age profile wise.

Expect they'll target midfielders mainly this draft and there's going to be some pretty handy youngsters still available around those picks in this draft....likely in competition with us unfortunately for several of the mids I'd think.

It's hilarious reading a lot of Geelong people saying "how good is Wells, he's moneyballed Kelly - who was Pick 23 - in to all these picks!"

No. Moneyball is getting a Cat B low-wage rookie like Greenwood and turning it in to say Pick 20. Moneyball is not losing a Top 5 midfielder in the league for a few picks between 15 and 40. That's called losing a Top 5 player.

Delusional.

Can see us swapping late picks for CEY (49), Knight (say Sydney's 54) and add on from Greenwood for Hawthorn's pick 30 cos they'll need to match a bid on Mcguinness probably around end of first round.

Ideally if all works out would have 4, 13 (from Keath for 28), 15 (Greenwood+58 for 23), 30 (Hawthorn for 49+54+58).

Would have Jenkins and Betts and Jacobs picks to use as well.

The big issue is we have a lot of list spots to full.

I highly doubt we'll do any trading up at all.

Geelong have zero midfield depth, basically all their quality midfielders are 28+

Massive loss for Geelong
Don't go underestimating Charlie Constable, big tall midfielder, elite inside the contest and a clearance machine....just needed to work on his endurance. Should have had more AFL exposure than he has, he's quality.

Basically do you pay 2 late firsts and 2 seconds for a flag. Obviously not guaranteed but this put them so close.
If they made top 4 this year i think they win.

Cripples Geelong as well.

West coast are going to be a nightmare for 4 years

Ugh, I wish we had the strategy, football-focus and balls of West Coast.

You mean the kind that refuses to get the deal done last year and as a result they just miss top 2 and home finals. Could have easily gone back to back. A decent win against the Hawks instead of getting smashed and top 2. Or a win against the Hawks and pick up another win along the way. Top 2 and they would have been playing off for a flag instead of GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't go underestimating Charlie Constable, big tall midfielder, elite inside the contest and a clearance machine....just needed to work on his endurance. Should have had more AFL exposure than he has, he's quality.

I'm not, but he's 20 and played 7 games.

There is no depth in Geelong's midfield between their 28+ year olds and what is essentially draftees, which they now have more of after this trade

Is Deeerrrayne on the Geelong payroll?

Saints should accept a late 2nd for Steven, plus pay some of his wage because Geelong aren't going to take him on a big wage.

WTF??

Why would the Saints do that? Isn't it Geelong / Steven who want to deal a contracted player, not the Saints! He's their best player at that too!

Saints should accept a late 2nd for Steven, plus pay some of his wage because Geelong aren't going to take him on a big wage.

WTF??

Why would the Saints do that? Isn't it Geelong / Steven who want to deal a contracted player, not the Saints! He's their best player at that too!
Yeah I don’t quite get it either. I’m sure the Saints aren’t that keen to lose him.

WTF??

Geelong have plenty of salary cap to play with now Kelly is off the books.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WTF??

Because a late second is overs for Steven. That’s a fair deal if they are going to cover some of the guys salary. Steven is 30 next season and has already stepped away from the game (more than once iirc) for mental health reasons. No way in hell is he worth a second. Personally I wouldn’t go near him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back