2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, this thread went downhill fast. There’s nothing I hate more (in this context anyway) than crowd splits.

Yep

Even the weekly comparisons are tough this year with the stupid Thursday night games and the rail shutdowns making things more erratic than usual.

Brisbane performance won't do there attendence any good for Thursday

You can make as many excuses as you like the Melbourne crowds are flat lining esp Collingwood and have been doing so for a few years.
If it wasnt for the new stadiums in SA and WA the crowds would be going backwards.

No one is making excuses. People are saying it was a good crowd and even more impressive when you consider all the train works

The dogs were coming off a bottom 6 finish and a loss to the wooden spoon favorite and that was their 8th highest attendance in history

Last week was west coasts third highest in history

What could you possible be basing this "flatline" on?

The highest crowd Brisbane played in front of since Collingwood in 2006
And even better when you consider that school holidays and train outages would’ve had a small impact too. It exceeded the 46,961 that Richmond drew back in 2013. And I think it was Essendon best crowd against Brisbane since about 2003 I think when these two then highly performing teams drew 50,003 to Ethihad to a Friday night blockbuster.

I believe the MCG factor adds about 5-6,000 to this fixture with Essendon’s large MCC and AFL following gaining easy access.

Today was like the late 1990’s for Essendon. Great to be back at the G in front of large crowds against an interstate teams. Given formlines (though Essendon performance last week provided a boost to morale), it’s fair to consider today’s crowd was arguably one of Essendon’s best crowds in years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The highest crowd Brisbane played in front of since Collingwood in 2006

That game gives me shivers when ever I think of that game. I was front row AFL members and thought Caracalla would never walk again after Notting went into his head with his knees! He tried to get up but couldn’t move his lower half!

Also Pies were going for 7th in a row that night; hence the massive crowd especially after very disappointing 04 and 05 seasons. It also ended up being Aker’s last game for Lions, Buckley kicked 7 at FF, Pendles I think made his debut, the 30 sec rule was brought in for very short period that season and I remember J Brown, the only player to be called to play on for taking too long.

And even better when you consider that school holidays and train outages would’ve had a small impact too. It exceeded the 46,961 that Richmond drew back in 2013. And I think it was Essendon best crowd against Brisbane since about 2003 I think when these two then highly performing teams drew 50,003 to Ethihad to a Friday night blockbuster.

I believe the MCG factor adds about 5-6,000 to this fixture with Essendon’s large MCC and AFL following gaining easy access.

Today was like the late 1990’s for Essendon. Great to be back at the G in front of large crowds against an interstate teams. Given formlines (though Essendon performance last week provided a boost to morale), it’s fair to consider today’s crowd was arguably one of Essendon’s best crowds in years.
I predicted 48 to 50 last week for this match.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back