Fantasy 2019 - Alpha League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

PB giving up 2 first round picks for Kareem Hunt and Robert Woods basically... wants to hope Kareem does not end up in the slammer!

Nah, gotta look at the two trades together...
What I just did was the following

I traded out my 2020 1st (likely Top 5 pick next year) plus this years 5.01 and 6.01
And got back Ogletree, Woods, Hunt and GGs 2020 2nd

So I've gotten 2 starting vets who'll improve my team right now, a hope that Hunt gets himself right and can contribute late in the season and a likely early round 2nd for next season.

Plus kept my 2.01 which is in 6 picks time where I'm hopeful that one of the 4 players I was looking at may still be around for.

I'm happy.

If Hunt gets back and contributes like he did before he went full campaigner mode, than it is probably a good trade for you. Although may end up netting dspeed pick 1.
Exactly right, if Hunt gets back and performs well and Woods continues as per last season, PB does really well as he has effectively acquired those 3 players by moving back 10-15 slots in the draft next year

What burns though is that I drafted Woods back in 2013 with 5.01!
He didn't perform at the Bills so I think I cut him after 3 seasons.

Is Jones any good? He was one of the three players I was tossing up between at 1.07 before I traded out along with Harry and one yet to be taken. I almost pulled the trigger because of the values of QBs in this league but some of the stats about him were just awful

Little bit surprised by the likes of Brown, Metcalf and Hockensen going when they did, agree that the board is falling quite nicely for the late first rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, and to answer your question dspeed I've been trying to trade up since pick 1.02 to get one of 3 players - Kyler, Haskins or Harry
Yep, Harry was the clear slider

I've got some concerns over his inability to create separation, plus how long will Brady stick around for?

Yep, Harry was the clear slider

I've got some concerns over his inability to create separation, plus how long will Brady stick around for?
If they insist on using him purely outside and he's likely to get pressed, then there's a good chance he'll struggle.

But if they use him as a big slot WR where he's more likely to see zone coverage, and he could see some of the sorts of targets vacated by the retirement of Gronk then he could succeed.

As for Brady, I'm pretty sure he said a year ago that he wanted to play for 5 more years, and I think he's crazy enough to do it

Bill's generally garbage at finding offensive skill position players in the draft, is this why?
no because bill, like gg, trades down and down and stockpiles late round picks and is a genius simply for doing that. i just dont get the same credit here as bill does there for that action

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2019 - Alpha League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back