2019 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be one of those few players are you. I’d have backed Rob to improve the joint if some of those blokes actually wanted to but they are happy being an ordinary club
Just stating the facts, recruiting, player fitness, game plan lead to a team that was weaker than last year. Obviously your friendship with Rob affects your opinion.

game between flat and hawks started late umpies wouldn't sign off on clifford being named stand-in coach in bennett's absence
they'd checked their sheets and the supposed stand-in coach wasn't registered as a registered and qualified senior bfnl coach
so 'shatty' shatwell the twos mentor was officially written-in on the flat team sheet as the coach for that rd. 22 match
That’s spot on

Just stating the facts, recruiting, player fitness, game plan lead to a team that was weaker than last year. Obviously your friendship with Rob affects your opinion.
What we're the issues with the Game Plan? and Player Fitness? ( Didn't train hard enough?) I would have thought given it was his first year at the Club and the Club has struggled for a long while that next year would have been when enough evidence was gathered to pass judgement on the quality of his Coaching at Bendigo League Level. Obviously has already had great success in the Heathcote League.

Haha obviously you have never done one of Bombers pre-seasons!! That is laughable. I did three under him and they are still the hardest I’ve done.

This weekend's match up between Strath and Eaglehawk should be a humdinger. Eaglehawk we're impressive in disposing of Gisborne in the Qualifying Final and look primed to have a crack at a fellow powerhouse of the Comp. Sharp of course has the ability to swing it the Storms way as he has done in big games for them in the past. Whats peoples thoughts?

Also Square vs. Gissy. Square got our boys in an arm wrestle in the Elimination Final in what was a solid game of Footy and I reckon this looks a pretty even match up. Straight Sets is nasty so Gissy will be out to jump that hurdle.

I’m sure they will be good finals but as a neutral observer - I am not particularly interested. Same teams as it has been for many years. Good to have Gisborne back involved and hoping they can progress further as it places a bit more interest into the finals. If Square progresses again more of the casual observers will just drop away due to the continued predictability of the competition.

Surely something needs to change moving forward with the structure of footy in the region. Not much difference in the HDFNL with North and Colbo both again dominant!

I’m sure they will be good finals but as a neutral observer - I am not particularly interested. Same teams as it has been for many years. Good to have Gisborne back involved and hoping they can progress further as it places a bit more interest into the finals. If Square progresses again more of the casual observers will just drop away due to the continued predictability of the competition.

Surely something needs to change moving forward with the structure of footy in the region. Not much difference in the HDFNL with North and Colbo both again dominant!
Square haven't won a Flag since 2013 and Colbo haven't won 1 for 11 years which is a few years short of what you'd consider a drought. Any Comps your following a bit closer?

LG played in the last two GF at least if not three. Didn’t make the finals.
LBU the second best side all year played shit in the finals and went out in straight sets. Colbo can from third to be the first team to book a GF spot and Mounts are in with a real chance this week .

Not too much predictability there

as far as square goes boys here's a prediction
No Skinny, No Square --- GS's BOG suspended for 4 weeks.
Bye bye G Square

as far as square goes boys here's a prediction
No Skinny, No Square --- GS's BOG suspended for 4 weeks.
Bye bye G Square

Collins got two weeks. He was sent off and Sandhurst played with 17 men in a close game.
Welsh got 3 weeks -not sent off.
Baird got 4 weeks - (Mclean concussed in incident and taken out of the game). Not sent off.

I was initially in favor of the send off rule, but now have my doubts. If umpires are going to use this rule it has to be a last resort against acts of complete thuggery. I think Andy Collins and the Dragons could consider themselves a little hard done by.

Collins got two weeks. He was sent off and Sandhurst played with 17 men in a close game.
Welsh got 3 weeks -not sent off.
Baird got 4 weeks - (Mclean concussed in incident and taken out of the game). Not sent off.

I was initially in favor of the send off rule, but now have my doubts. If umpires are going to use this rule it has to be a last resort against acts of complete thuggery. I think Andy Collins and the Dragons could consider themselves a little hard done by.

I think the 2 Square players were reported after umpires reviewed video footage post game. Not reported during the game, hence not sent off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the 2 Square players were reported after umpires reviewed video footage post game. Not reported during the game, hence not sent off.

Thanks I understand this.

When I say the rule should be used as a last resort against an act of complete thuggery I am looking at incidents where a player is king hit off the ball and badly injured. Welsh, by his own admission, got up throwing punches at Collins. Yes he was tackled late and unfairly, but he was not king hit.

I think in circumstances like the Collins-Welsh incident a 50 metre penalty would have been more appropriate.

What we're the issues with the Game Plan? and Player Fitness? ( Didn't train hard enough?) I would have thought given it was his first year at the Club and the Club has struggled for a long while that next year would have been when enough evidence was gathered to pass judgement on the quality of his Coaching at Bendigo League Level. Obviously has already had great success in the Heathcote League.

Many people I know credit Nev M for that “success”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back