2019 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, with the season coming to an end for the teams missing finals, Rob Bennett has clearly taken on a previously built basket case. Having come from such a successful club, will it be a given for him to be at the ‘Flat’?
Did he sign on for multiple years?

On another note, with the season coming to an end for the teams missing finals, Rob Bennett has clearly taken on a previously built basket case. Having come from such a successful club, will it be a given for him to be at the ‘Flat’?
Did he sign on for multiple years?

Signed for 3 years. It’s certainly been an eye opening year for him. I know he’s working hard on next season already

Not really knowing the junior system in the Bendigo region but has there ever been any thought to introducing an under 16’s comp to go with the senior football in the Bendigo league. Might help some of the clubs out of Bendigo to get juniors into the club instead of these kids going to the district leagues.

But you know he is working hard for next year, what happened this year?

Well I do get to speak to him at work and we both love our footy so talk about it a lot. I know that he is determined to improve Kangaroo Flat. This year had been an eye opener but he will be better for it in my opinion

They may as well rolled Shawn out as well, maybe get Steve Oliver too

I understand Derrick first played senior football with Castlemaine as a 16 year old in 1984. (35 years ago!!!!!!!)

By my estimate that makes him about 51 years old. Is he the oldest player ever to take the field in the BFNL (BFL before that) seniors?

I don't know anyone that's gone close to this. What about other leagues such as Ballarat, Ovens & Murray, Goulburn Valley etc.

Comments welcome.

Well I do get to speak to him at work and we both love our footy so talk about it a lot. I know that he is determined to improve Kangaroo Flat. This year had been an eye opener but he will be better for it in my opinion
Determined to improve you reckon, ask him why he was absent Saturday. Had better things to do apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honouring a commitment to his kids that was made before he took the job on. Timing not great but people have families who are also somewhat important!
Yes and so have the people that have worked all year in a voluntary capacity to pay his wages. Hardly a family emergency which any one would understand, really disappointing.

Yes and so have the people that have worked all year in a voluntary capacity to pay his wages. Hardly a family emergency which any one would understand, really disappointing.

I disagree with your view but understand it. He will work his arse off from today all the way through to the end of his time there to ensure that they improve. Coaches put so much time in all year

I agree family is important Roota. But when you demand everything of your players, whether they’re winning or losing, and then decide to skip a game, not sure that that sets the right example for the playing group.

Looking at the scoreboard, looks like most of the players joined bomber,

Fair dinkum, I'm sure the club would have been aware of this for quite some time, I'm sure if a finals spot was on the line, bomber would have coached. All it does is a give some more leadership skills to the assistants to take the reigns for the day

I agree family is important Roota. But when you demand everything of your players, whether they’re winning or losing, and then decide to skip a game, not sure that that sets the right example for the playing group.

Looking at the scoreboard, looks like most of the players joined bomber,

Fair dinkum, I'm sure the club would have been aware of this for quite some time, I'm sure if a finals spot was on the line, bomber would have coached. All it does is a give some more leadership skills to the assistants to take the reigns for the day

Interesting to hear the players weren't aware until they begun the warm up and realised he wasn't there. Good culture.

That's what's doing the rounds so they may want to nip it in the bud.

Totally false Tugboat and I believe it will be nipped in the bud sooner rather than later. I know someone close to him and who has huge respect for him has told me he is seriously going to walk. This is due to the bullshit a select few of the playing group who have started the rumours to make it suit themselves plus due to the “presentation” of players when he turned up at the silly Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back