List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the incumbent club needs to match a restricted free agent offer year for year or just the whole contract value and years? If it's the former, I'd rather offer Danniher a heavily front ended contract next year. Doubt the bombers salary cap has as much room as ours and would struggle to match and we can pick him up without giving up anything?
Over the course of the contract, needs to match. To prevent shenanigans with front loading etc

Over the course of the contract, needs to match. To prevent shenanigans with front loading etc

ahh damn. the more the weeks gone on, the more i feel we should walk away from this deal and try again in 12 months. They can match, but they won't have as much leverage, and our original offer maybe more palatable (especially if they're going after someone like a Cameron next year)

58 for Jack Steven? wtf?
Absolutely ridiculous.
Why haven't we got JD to say he has mental health issues? Easiest way to get where you want, when you want and still have your new club keep everything.
(Not doubting he has issues - but that doesn't stop you playing half as much as a wrecked groin).

Add that one to Patton for a fourth....

And look at what we are rumoured to be paying by comparison.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely ridiculous.
Why haven't we got JD to say he has mental health issues? Easiest way to get where you want, when you want and still have your new club keep everything.
(Not doubting he has issues - but that doesn't stop you playing half as much as a wrecked groin).

Add that one to Patton for a fourth....

And look at what we are rumoured to be paying by comparison.... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Add Brisbane want a second round pick for Taylor no club is doing us any favours.

Cameron + 62 -> Collingwood
Swans = 56

I dont get it...Steven, a multiple B and F goes for pick 58, We give the Pies a pick plus Cameron for 56. Why do we need to throw a pick in for a player who wants to go....not that it makes much difference, just perplexing how we always appear to throw in extras...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many Craig Birds does that make Cameron?
A Craig Bird in case you somehow forgot is 16 points.

Pick 56 = 194 points
Pick 62 = 123 points

Difference = 71 points

71/16 = 4.44

1 Darcy Cameron is worth 4.44 Craig Birds. QED.

I dont get it...Steven, a multiple B and F goes for pick 58, We give the Pies a pick plus Cameron for 56. Why do we need to throw a pick in for a player who wants to go....not that it makes much difference, just perplexing how we always appear to throw in extras...
move down 6 spots in the draft or he goes for free in psd, anything is better than nothing.

Your trolling is getting off the hook !

p.s.
We didn't even get a packet of chips for Cameron! Pick upgrade of about 8 spots from 60 something to 50 something. o_O

How am I trolling

Papley isn’t worth a top 10 pick 9 is generous

Not all of our players are superstars sorry

Cameron we never picked so he is essentially worthless

Still think Bombers will take whatever we offer them tomorrow, even if it's 5 + 25. They'd have an awareness that their bargaining position weakens significantly next trade period.

Next year, if he leaves via RFA their compo pick would be at most 10ish if they finish mid-table again which is way under what's on offer now. Their rhetoric on Joe being so highly valued and irreplaceable is weird given they haven't tabled an attractive extension offer to him earlier.

The recruiters are likely just doing what they can to drive up our offer, likely to 5 + 9 is what they're hoping for. I reckon they'll take what they can get if nothing doing.

That is assuming they haven't overestimated their list to such an extent that they actually believe that Joe playing for them in 2020 is the difference between where they are now and a flag, which is entirely possible.
5 + 25 is the biggest rort since ....the Minister for Grass and Water, Angus Taylor thought up selling a few tens of millions of dollars worth of non existent water to the Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back