List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Please pass it along to everyone with a new boner for pick 2 that it is extremely unlikely/stupid to be a part of any trade — unless the trade is ridiculously weighted toward the Suns.

I raised a complete hypothetical to gauge interest, a simple no would suffice. Out of interest and to try and engage some actual discussion; what would you want for pick 2?

I would love BCrouch in the midfield, but not not not at $1 million per for 5 years.
With his injury history? He is a gun but also misses big chunks of seasons.
And with a bunch of top 10 picks that we will need to pay in the next 3-5 years.
We just can't afford that.

Ellis at $600k is more than enough salary cap pain. Can't do both, methinks.

I raised a complete hypothetical to gauge interest, a simple no would suffice. Out of interest and to try and engage some actual discussion; what would you want for pick 2?

Infinity.
Retention is our biggest problem. The 2 key points of Rowell and Anderson is that they are gun mids who are best mates.
So, infinity.

Infinity.
Retention is our biggest problem. The 2 key points of Rowell and Anderson is that they are gun mids who are best mates.
So, infinity.

An interesting strategy to rely on and base your drafting on a friendship between 2 x ~18 year olds. Friendship can be an inherently fickle thing.

It's not necessarily a dig at you, just that there seems to be a whole heap of interest in our newly acquired pick from all over. It's frustrating because the suggested deals don't seem to come anywhere close to the value of pairing Rowell and Anderson together.

An interesting strategy to rely on and base your drafting on a friendship between 2 x ~18 year olds. Friendship can be an inherently fickle thing.
Who are inherently the top two picks in the draft and would be the top two picks irrespective of whether they are mates or not. I am not sure what you are getting at

Who are inherently the top two picks in the draft and would be the top two picks irrespective of whether they are mates or not. I am not sure what you are getting at

Welll what im getting at is that people are suggesting that prying Pick 1 or 2 or both away from you is now harder given "they are best mates"... Thats a hail mary of desperation that they will stay if I have ever seen one.

It's not necessarily a dig at you, just that there seems to be a whole heap of interest in our newly acquired pick from all over. It's frustrating because the suggested deals don't seem to come anywhere close to the value of pairing Rowell and Anderson together.

classic AFL trade period and im just shooting the shit with you... Im keen to hear what you would want from us for pick 2

Infinity.
So, infinity.

Retention of youth is your problem because you have no elder statesmen or natural leadership. Gaining 2 multi-premiership players, one of whom has been Vice Captain can only be in your interest.

Those first 2 picks are not going anywhere. But it won't stop people from asking the question.
AFL : We are very keen to give you guys a PP. The 2 most talented kids in the draft are best friends who would love to stick together and no issues coming to GC. We think it would be a Very Very good idea to take them at 1 & 2 if you get a PP. Sound fair.
GCS : Yes very fair
AFL : We understand you also need some experience we're giving you extra later picks for that OK.
GCS : We understand thank you very much.

SO I'M TOLD

classic AFL trade period and im just shooting the s**t with you... Im keen to hear what you would want from us for pick 2
To be honest I cannot logically think of any trade that could go down between us and Hawthorn that would give the Hawks pick 2.

The only players we would think about giving up Anderson for would be untouchable on your end.

I think you’re better off lining up with the other teams expecting our top talent to just walk out straight to them on the cheap.

Retention of youth is your problem because you have no elder statesmen or natural leadership. Gaining 2 multi-premiership players, one of whom has been Vice Captain can only be in your interest.
Nah, still infinity.

I realised you wrote that we got no natural leadership. Are you saying that Swalllow and Witts are not natural leaders? You're joking right?

Suns have later picks available to be used on Hawks elders if you insist.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look unless tom Mitchell is coming up to the suns i cant see anyone on hawks list being of enough value for pick 2.
and eppo67 can probably back me up here that our sources have told us the Suns pitch to the AFL for a priority pick was built around drafting Rowell and Anderson together. the quote "concessions will be reviewed each year" by the AFL is more a polite way to tell the suns don't change your plans.

Hawks can continue to not get any decent youth and just top up with reclamation projects and become just a middling AFL team.

I prefer to get elite youth and use our warchest of other picks to get experience.

Each to their own.

Pick 2 will never be on the table so not even worth you posting here.

We have ample picks to trade for older guys like Breust & Smith if they wanted to move up here.

In that case and in your opinion what are fair trades that the Suns could accommodate for Breust and Smith?

look unless tom Mitchell is coming up to the suns i cant see anyone on hawks list being of enough value for pick 2.
and eppo67 can probably back me up here that our sources have told us the Suns pitch to the AFL for a priority pick was built around drafting Rowell and Anderson together. the quote "concessions will be reviewed each year" by the AFL is more a polite way to tell the suns don't change your plans.
YES YES YES

For pick 2 it would be Worple and your first rounder
Why would GC trade pick 2 when the whole premis was to get two mates playing together in an interstate team...if hawks wanted pick 2 they would have to negotiate with Gill not GC

In that case and in your opinion what are fair trades that the Suns could accommodate for Breust and Smith?
I could see the Hawks accepting that start of the 2nd round PP we just got for both players.

They are smart enough to to sell that pick for multiple picks on draft night and pick up some good young talent

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back