List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I have watched them against us but have you watched them play against other teams ? And in big games ?

I can’t see how bringing in both Crouch brothers on big Monday would be good for our club.
You can’t fit them into a midfield without losing 2 or 3 of swallow fiorini Bowes Ainsworth Brodie miles miller.
Watch the Crows’ 3 finals in 2017 and get back to me.
You need 6-8 mids constantly rotating through and taking into account injuries. I love Touk but he’s not in the same league and Miles is simply doing heavy lifting until quality arrives.

Watch the Crows’ 3 finals in 2017 and get back to me.
You need 6-8 mids constantly rotating through and taking into account injuries. I love Touk but he’s not in the same league and Miles is simply doing heavy lifting until quality arrives.
Here is 9 to rotate through in 2020 I would be happy with. Swallow, B Crouch, Fiorini, Bowes, Ainsworth, Brodie, Macpherson, Greenwood, Rowell.

I personally would like to see more Weller there too. Then you got Miller, Miles. Anderson gets a bit taste there too. Holman, Lemmens, Hanley can run through too.

Last edited:
October to April is the best time to be a suns supporter. Then it all comes crashing down hard

Sometimes we get through to May.

Here is 9 to rotate through in 2020 I would be happy with. Swallow, B Crouch, Fiorini, Bowes, Ainsworth, Brodie, Macpherson, Greenwood, Rowell.

I personally would like to see more Weller there too. Then you got Miller, Miles. Anderson gets a bit taste there too. Holman, Lemmens, Hanley can run trough too.

If we’re relying on Lemmens, Holman and Hanley as back up we haven’t done enough.

If you're desperate for ball magnet midfielders then go to the state leagues and take your pick there. I'm sure you'd find another couple of battle hardened mature bodies that could walk into the AFL & be competitive short term & might turn into something decent longer term ala Sam Mitchell. You won't find the another Lukosius there though.
This is untrue, and its also why we have been losing so many games every year. The game requires so much from the midfield now, and so much from your best players. We don't have a midfield currently that's AFL standard. The last thing we need to be doing is adding more state leaguers to our side. We have got too many as it is. We need genuine AFL quality. Adding two elite talents in Rowell and Anderson and surrounding them with guys who just aren't good enough won't help us win games or keep either of those first 2 draft picks here. We've now got collateral to do something with, we need to do something with it.

have you seen them play against a club that isn’t ours.
Crow till I die, is this you?
I've seen them play more than you by the sounds of it. You might think that's overs in a trade. It's not. It would get them here and we would be a different side. The Crouch's are low hanging fruit that could be picked off. Which other contracted A grade midfielders would even be gettable from any other club in the league. I can't think of any. Now would be a perfect time to pounce and be bold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If midfielders are so easy to come by why have we struggled so much. Our midfield has been our glaring weakness and why we have lost Lynch and May.

Every midfielder we’ve had past and present has spent significant time out injured.. lynch and may left because they’re sick of losing tbh..
Once injuries strike it’s all down hill.. it stuns the development of the the players A. Who are injured and B. The ones left in the neafl to play with 16 year olds and C. Some coming into the seniors too early

There's only one downside to getting that priority bonanza: everyone else is going to hate you. If the Suns win flags, everyone will chalk it up to the priority package and claiming you're the AFLs love child. If you don't, they'll say "couldn't make it work even with the priority picks, move them to Tasmania now". I suppose that it's better to be successful and hated than poor and pitied though, and there are already several idiots who want to move the club to Tasmania.

We getting all that said anyway so doesn’t really matter

As much as I love the guys we have in the team now. The Crouch's (as an example) would be head and shoulders above some of our midfield talent, and if we want to be successful we need to be ruthless and bring in people who will improve us, if that includes dropping some sentimental favorites to the 2's then so be it.

He’s a debutant.
Clearly a wolf in sheep’s clothing who has come all the way from Adelaide!! dressed in a little white nana costume...
Maybe if we traded pick 1 and 2 they might, if Lukosius won't sign moving him on this year to net quality AFL midfielders they would probably encourage it.

Did a little bit of mod work and put our mad skillz to use. Evidence is in the bag. We might seem dumb to you The Matador but we are not Pea Nuts ;)

I do believe now with what I have in front of me you have a VERY strong allegiance towards the Crows. Feel free to keep posting as there is every chance that you are a SUNS supporter with the COWS as your second team or vice versa. But knowing what we know now, any outlandish or stupid trade proposals WILL be seen and dealt with as trolling from this point on!

This is untrue, and its also why we have been losing so many games every year. The game requires so much from the midfield now, and so much from your best players. We don't have a midfield currently that's AFL standard. The last thing we need to be doing is adding more state leaguers to our side. We have got too many as it is. We need genuine AFL quality. Adding two elite talents in Rowell and Anderson and surrounding them with guys who just aren't good enough won't help us win games or keep either of those first 2 draft picks here. We've now got collateral to do something with, we need to do something with it.

I’d be adding all the elite talent you can while you can & topping up with younger mature mid bodies that could grow into something. You’ll have plenty of cap room to top up on out of contract older mids in the next few years to provide leadership & build a culture the talent will want to be around.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did a little bit of mod work and put our mad skillz to use. Evidence is in the bag. We might seem dumb to you The Matador but we are not Pea Nuts ;)

I do believe now with what I have in front of me you have a VERY strong allegiance towards the Crows. Feel free to keep posting as there is every chance that you are a SUNS supporter with the COWS as your second team or vice versa. But knowing what we know now, any outlandish or stupid trade proposals WILL be seen and dealt with as trolling from this point on!

Haha what a loser

Haha what a loser

A little bit harsh. He might not be a troll. For all we know he is a 12 year old kid who supports SUNS and his parents are hardcore Crows fans that he lives with in Brisbane, hence a strong lean towards an Adelaide bias. As I said we know what we know now, he has been warned. How he takes it is up to him

I personally would like to see more Weller there too. Then you got Miller, Miles. Anderson gets a bit taste there too. Holman, Lemmens, Hanley can run trough too.
I agree with most of this. Getting 1 of the Crouch brothers would be useful, but spending up big to get them both seems foolish. There's every chance they'd both be better than any of the mids we roll through there next year, but that still doesn't mean we should get both. We need more variety, especially more pace. I'd be rapt to recruit 1 of the Crouches, but any other mature mid we recruit needs to offer us something different, like size (eg: Greenwood) or pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back