List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to look like that Crouch won't happen which I am absolutely fine with, especially if he was asking towards 7 figures. Can bring in 2 Ellis / Greenwood level players into the club for that.

I would be right on the phone to Toby McLean to see if he wants to play through our midfield. Would also love to know who Cameron was talking about earlier today.

Let’s just get the Greenwood deal done first before any talk of Crouch’s
I agree. We'll secure Ellis on Friday morning when the free agency window opens and the Greenwood trade should get done relatively early in the trade period. I would suggest we'll receive pick 34 from the Lions for Callum Ah Chee and we will on trade that pick to secure Greenwood. If things fall our way in the Jack Martin trade, we should receive pick 9 and that will mean we'll have picks 9, 11 (2020), 15 and 20 to play with to secure Crouch/s.

Now we get to the Crouch situation. Presuming Brad requests a trade to us, the Crows will definitely ask for pick 1/2 as a starting price. We'll counter by saying pick 15 is fair for an injury prone guy who becomes a free agent next year. The two clubs will eventually meet somewhere in the middle and settle on pick 9 this year. The possibility of Matt Crouch also being traded will then be brought up and I imagine the two clubs will probably agree that pick 11 in 2020 is about right for M.Crouch. Therefore, we should be able to get the Crouch brothers for pick 9 this year and pick 11 next year.

Then we move onto Isaac Smith and/or Luke Bruest. Both are a bit older these days and therefore aren't worth anything like the value they once held. Pick 20 might be about right but Hawthorn could push us for a bit more and perhaps we throw pick 56 in there as well. So let's just say for argument's sake we give up pick 20 and 56 for Smith and Bruest. We would still have picks 1, 2, 15, 75 and 87. I think pick 75 goes to Geelong and we bring Zac Smith back. So let's see what comes in and out under these circumstances:

IN
Brandon Ellis
Hugh Greenwood
Brad Crouch
Matt Crouch
Isaac Smith
Luke Bruest
Zac Smith
Pick 1 (Matt Rowell)
Pick 2 (Noah Anderson)
Pick 15 (Will Day?)
Pick 87 (pass)
Connor Budarick (academy pre-selection)
Malcolm Rosas (academy pre-selection)

OUT
Jack Martin
Callum Ah Chee
Pick 11 (2020)
Pick 20
Pick 75

TRANSITIONAL PICKS
Pick 9
Pick 34

Am I dreaming too much?

I agree. We'll secure Ellis on Friday morning when the free agency window opens and the Greenwood trade should get done relatively early in the trade period. I would suggest we'll receive pick 34 from the Lions for Callum Ah Chee and we will on trade that pick to secure Greenwood. If things fall our way in the Jack Martin trade, we should receive pick 9 and that will mean we'll have picks 9, 11 (2020), 15 and 20 to play with to secure Crouch/s.

Now we get to the Crouch situation. Presuming Brad requests a trade to us, the Crows will definitely ask for pick 1/2 as a starting price. We'll counter by saying pick 15 is fair for an injury prone guy who becomes a free agent next year. The two clubs will eventually meet somewhere in the middle and settle on pick 9 this year. The possibility of Matt Crouch also being traded will then be brought up and I imagine the two clubs will probably agree that pick 11 in 2020 is about right for M.Crouch. Therefore, we should be able to get the Crouch brothers for pick 9 this year and pick 11 next year.

Then we move onto Isaac Smith and/or Luke Bruest. Both are a bit older these days and therefore aren't worth anything like the value they once held. Pick 20 might be about right but Hawthorn could push us for a bit more and perhaps we throw pick 56 in there as well. So let's just say for argument's sake we give up pick 20 and 56 for Smith and Bruest. We would still have picks 1, 2, 15, 75 and 87. I think pick 75 goes to Geelong and we bring Zac Smith back. So let's see what comes in and out under these circumstances:

IN
Brandon Ellis
Hugh Greenwood
Brad Crouch
Matt Crouch
Isaac Smith
Luke Bruest
Zac Smith
Pick 1 (Matt Rowell)
Pick 2 (Noah Anderson)
Pick 15 (Will Day?)
Pick 87 (pass)

OUT
Jack Martin
Callum Ah Chee
Pick 11 (2020)
Pick 20
Pick 75

TRANSITIONAL PICKS
Pick 9
Pick 34

Am I dreaming too much?
Maybe dreaming a bit. A few of those trades are too heavily weighted in our favour. But if we could get all those ins we would be flying. Transforms the best 22.

IN
Brandon Ellis
Hugh Greenwood
Brad Crouch
Matt Crouch
Isaac Smith
Luke Bruest
Zac Smith
Pick 1 (Matt Rowell)
Pick 2 (Noah Anderson)
Pick 15 (Will Day?)
Pick 87 (pass)

OUT
Jack Martin
Callum Ah Chee
Pick 11 (2020)
Pick 20
Pick 75

TRANSITIONAL PICKS
Pick 9
Pick 34

Am I dreaming too much?

We won't get 9 for Jack Martin - somewhere between 15-25

Greenwood is a free hit - uncontracted and we have #1 in PSD. Giving away a decent pick is pissing it away unnecessarily.

Greenwood is a free hit - uncontracted and we have #1 in PSD. Giving away a decent pick is pi**ing it away unnecessarily.
Martin will be around 20 imo.

I would flip the pick 32 from the Lions for Ah Chee for Greenwood, pay a premium to get it done early and focus our attentions else where.

Greenwood is a free hit - uncontracted and we have #1 in PSD. Giving away a decent pick is pi**ing it away unnecessarily.
Carlton's next best available pick this year is 41...

Maybe we can send them something with Jack Martin to secure pick 9?

Martin will be around 20 imo.

I would flip the pick 32 from the Lions for Ah Chee for Greenwood, pay a premium to get it done early and focus our attentions else where.

Premium not required.

Even in the Greenwood BF trade thread the most deluded Crows supporters know they are snookered.

I believe Carlton will back themselves to rise up the ladder and give us their future 1st for Martin.

They won’t let a player like him slip through their fingers
No. Its either make a trade, or he walks into the PSD and suns get nothing. That usually doesn't happen though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Carlton will back themselves to rise up the ladder and give us their future 1st for Martin.

They won’t let a player like him slip through their fingers

That's what someone said on trade radio yesterday.

I would even send back our future 3rd or the pick we get for Ah Chee from the Lions in the 30s.

Premium not required.

Even in the Greenwood BF trade thread the most deluded Crows supporters know they are snookered.
But do we want negotiations to draw out with the same team we are trying steal their best young midfielder from? Could slightly 'overpaying' for Greenwood early in the trade period play in our favour in the Crouch/s negotiations later?

Ok good start, a little emotional but understandable....

This years first wouldn’t be enough?...so it’s pick 1,2,6,9 (j Martin),15,20

And you lose Ben....seems like a chance of a new start with those picks...considering he is a big chance to walk next year...?
We are hearing the same of Max to be honest with you. We are putting together a deal of the century to get him up with his brother. Let’s just put our feet up and let the coffee brew..

But do we want negotiations to draw out with the same team we are trying steal their best young midfielder from? Could slightly 'overpaying' for Greenwood early in the trade period play in our favour in the Crouch/s negotiations later?

In the end it won't make or break trade season but it is unnecessary. Any pick is overs.

Yeah, what I mean is if the two parties can't agree. But these things do usually get done one way or another. They'll come to some middle ground.
Carlton can’t threaten us with the psd we have pick 1.

That why I believe they will cave in and give us there 2020 1st round pick

Carlton can’t threaten us with the psd we have pick 1.

That why I believe they will cave in and give us there 2020 1st round pick
Yeah. They probably will. That way its not costing them anything this year and they can still use their 2019 pick elsewhere.

As highly touted as a superstar as he is, Noah Anderson is still unproven at AFL level.... Worpel guarantees you a decade long elite performer. We dont give up guaranteed for speculative and we most certainly dont give up guaranteed + a 1st round for speculative. I caveat all that with saying the speculative portion is very promising.
Wow. Just wow. The entitlement is surreal, but expected...

In the end it won't make or break trade season but it is unnecessary. Any pick is overs.
You really think we're going to get Greenwood for free? Some unbiased onlookers seem to think it would be an absolute steal if we could secure Greenwood for pick 56 but you're saying we should get him for free? I'm inclined to think Greenwood for pick 56 is a good deal for us but it seems more likely that the Crows will ask for something better and that's why I suggested just flipping the pick we receive from the Lions for Ah Chee and securing Greenwood early in the trade period to focus on others we could attain. That's just my opinion though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back