Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys, Sorry to intrude if anyone is looking for tickets I might have 2 AFL packages with the final siren function post game. I am only trying to offload them for what I paid so not trying to scalp and make money. I paid around $1750 each if interested just send me a PM. Good luck for Saturday.

This guy sent me a PM yesterday trying to sell them for 2k.

Not trying to make money or anything though.

Good get! I can understand the “gravy” as you put it, I see the membership cost included as the true cost of the ticket. He wouldn’t have been able to get it otherwise. 👍🏼

Enjoy!

This is is difficult one for me ethically as an AFL Silver member (with Richmond club support).

Like I'm glad that this Richmond father & son are able to experience the Grand Final together (I was lucky enough to do that with my Dad in '17 by getting access to corporate tickets); but the way he's obtained his tickets through AFL Gold members with non-club support and paying for most of their 2020 AFL membership costs means it's creating a 'culture' where AFL Gold members will buy Grand Final tickets every year and sell them off to their friends.

This means that the waiting list to go from AFL Silver to AFL Gold will continue to slow [I'm currently in my 7th year of Silver membership; was told when I started in 2012 It'd be a 6-7 year wait and I'm still over 5,000 spaces back in the waiting list] meaning that Silver members with Richmond club support [people who actually barrack for the club] are missing out on the opportunity to buy Grand Final tickets because Gold members of any club can just buy them and scalp them off to their mates.

I'll be honest-- if this guy wasn't a Richmond supporter I'd be hoping that he & his son [who will stand out in the AFL section due to his age; with AFL gold membership being a 10-11 year wait at the moment] would get asked to provide AFL memberships at the gate on Saturday. I don't wish that would happen because the guy is a Tigers supporter; but the situation really frustrates me when a MATE of an AFL Gold member gets to go to the Grand Final, but an AFL Silver member with Richmond club support doesn't even get the opportunity.

All the info is up on the ticketek website now for successful and unsuccessful and if i have worked it out properly.

3731 Richmond members were unsuccessful which means if GWS leave at least 3731 tickets on the table by tonight then every single member who missed out in the ballot should be able to score a ticket if they are transferred back to the tigers.

If this is wrong can someone please confirm.

Can anyone tell me if I needed my ballot linked to a credit card specifically. Mine was linked to a Debit card wondering if that’s why I didn’t get a ticket even tho I had enough $$ Just concerned if extra tickets go back into ballot could screw me over
I have a Visa debit card linked to mine, got Grand final tickets in 2017 and this year no problems.

How
All the info is up on the ticketek website now for successful and unsuccessful and if i have worked it out properly.

3731 Richmond members were unsuccessful which means if GWS leave at least 3731 tickets on the table by tonight then every single member who missed out in the ballot should be able to score a ticket if they are transferred back to the tigers.

how do you see this information?

This is is difficult one for me ethically as an AFL Silver member (with Richmond club support).

Like I'm glad that this Richmond father & son are able to experience the Grand Final together (I was lucky enough to do that with my Dad in '17 by getting access to corporate tickets); but the way he's obtained his tickets through AFL Gold members with non-club support and paying for most of their 2020 AFL membership costs means it's creating a 'culture' where AFL Gold members will buy Grand Final tickets every year and sell them off to their friends.

This means that the waiting list to go from AFL Silver to AFL Gold will continue to slow [I'm currently in my 7th year of Silver membership; was told when I started in 2012 It'd be a 6-7 year wait and I'm still over 5,000 spaces back in the waiting list] meaning that Silver members with Richmond club support [people who actually barrack for the club] are missing out on the opportunity to buy Grand Final tickets because Gold members of any club can just buy them and scalp them off to their mates.

I'll be honest-- if this guy wasn't a Richmond supporter I'd be hoping that he & his son [who will stand out in the AFL section due to his age; with AFL gold membership being a 10-11 year wait at the moment] would get asked to provide AFL memberships at the gate on Saturday. I don't wish that would happen because the guy is a Tigers supporter; but the situation really frustrates me when a MATE of an AFL Gold member gets to go to the Grand Final, but an AFL Silver member with Richmond club support doesn't even get the opportunity.

It is an incredibly flawed system that there is membership that gives "AFL enthusiasts", who don't even support the competing clubs priority over supporting members to a Grand Final. Regardless of how much you pay/how long you wait for that privilege, supporters should be prioritized

It is an incredibly flawed system that there is membership that gives "AFL enthusiasts", who don't even support the competing clubs priority over supporting members to a Grand Final. Regardless of how much you pay/how long you wait for that privilege, supporters should be prioritized
Same with the AFL corporate allocation.. 40000 seats. There should be a greater allocation of seats to participating clubs members. Especially long serving members.

Each team gets 17000 tickets. That would leave 14k GWS unsold tickets by your sums.
Now the issue will be members buying tickets to on sell or for mates in the GWS members general sale this afternoon...

Otherwise there’s a good chance for those who missed the ballot come tomorrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be 3731 ballot applications. Could be 1-8 ticket requests per application.

I agree with your calculation, except that there would be on average 1.5 - 2 tickets per account.

Concern is GWS members buying tickets just to on-sell.

People buying scalped tickets are no better than those that buy stolen goods in my opinion. They just perpetuate the problem.
If you’re so desperate to see Richmond win a Grand Final, then go on the waiting list to get a GF membership and keep paying until we make it again.

I'm in Hobart and have a Cat 4 ticket in Q14-1 Row R Seat 9 (pretty much the opposite flank to my '17 seat in Q54 K-6, which was a top spot).
Face value $350. I'm not coming over to Melb so this is probably only for Tassie folks, as I have to pick up the ticket from the Theatre Royal in Hobart.
cheers!

Same with the AFL corporate allocation.. 40000 seats. There should be a greater allocation of seats to participating clubs members. Especially long serving members.
Don't get me started on the corporates. 40,000 seats to a bunch of non-compassionates. It's disgusting. :mad:

I'm a Priority 2 member & was successful with obtaining a ticket in the ballot. Category 7 top deck Row Y.
My wife however was unsuccessful (Gold member priority 3), so unless we get lucky it looks as though that once again both her & my son will miss out.

Hopefully I can at least get my hands on 1 ticket for my little boy. Fingers crossed.

Going by ballot results less than 900 transactions successful for GWS (0 unsuccessful) even if everyone bought 3 tickets that’s only 2700... what’s the fan allocation?
looks like there were 1695 successful ballot registrations for GWS even if they brought 3 tickets each that still only 5k tickets. so there is still hope...

I have had an email in my inbox since last night saying I've got a ticket for my priority 2 membership and can see the charge on my credit card.

I can see a charge on my credit card for my priority 3 memberships but still have received no email.

Should I be worried that the priority 3 tickets aren't coming?

Ok i have done the sums from the ticketek website and what needs to be taken into account is multiple tickets ( max 8 in one transaction ) can be purchased of a ticketek accounts.

Richmond Successful: 6917 ticketek accounts
Richmond unsuccessful: 3731 ticketek accounts

GWS Successful: 1695 ticketek accounts ( at 8 per account it would be 13560 tickets leaving 3440 on the table )

looks like there were 1695 successful ballot registrations for GWS even if they brought 3 tickets each that still only 5k tickets. so there is still hope...
based on successful Richmond allocations and assuming 17,000 tickets, each transaction is for about 2.5 tickets. So there should be 12,700 tickets left. It’s possible that everyone that entered the ballot will be able to get tickets if GWS members do the right thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

Back