Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

I have had an email in my inbox since last night saying I've got a ticket for my priority 2 membership and can see the charge on my credit card.

I can see a charge on my credit card for my priority 3 memberships but still have received no email.

Should I be worried that the priority 3 tickets aren't coming?
Go to the Ticketek website and see where your account number is listed.

I'm in Hobart and have a Cat 4 ticket in Q14-1 Row R Seat 9 (pretty much the opposite flank to my '17 seat in Q54 K-6, which was a top spot).
Face value $350. I'm not coming over to Melb so this is probably only for Tassie folks, as I have to pick up the ticket from the Theatre Royal in Hobart.
cheers!
I'll fly to Hobart and pick it up.

I'm in Hobart and have a Cat 4 ticket in Q14-1 Row R Seat 9 (pretty much the opposite flank to my '17 seat in Q54 K-6, which was a top spot).
Face value $350. I'm not coming over to Melb so this is probably only for Tassie folks, as I have to pick up the ticket from the Theatre Royal in Hobart.
cheers!

And its gone, haven't had that much action since I got ahead of myself at half time in 2013 and mass texted all my Carlton floggy mates ;)

I agree with your calculation, except that there would be on average 1.5 - 2 tickets per account.

Concern is GWS members buying tickets just to on-sell.

People buying scalped tickets are no better than those that buy stolen goods in my opinion. They just perpetuate the problem.
If you’re so desperate to see Richmond win a Grand Final, then go on the waiting list to get a GF membership and keep paying until we make it again.
I'm in, i'm just putting out info for those who missed out.

I missed out in 2017 so i know how it feels and it's a shitty feeling.

Go to the Ticketek website and see where your account number is listed.

Any idea where to find this mythical account number on their crappy website? I can't find my Ticketek customer ID anywhere ... but never got the email confirmation about being in the ballot but can see it in my ticket history. (and yes have checked Spam)

This is is difficult one for me ethically as an AFL Silver member (with Richmond club support).

Like I'm glad that this Richmond father & son are able to experience the Grand Final together (I was lucky enough to do that with my Dad in '17 by getting access to corporate tickets); but the way he's obtained his tickets through AFL Gold members with non-club support and paying for most of their 2020 AFL membership costs means it's creating a 'culture' where AFL Gold members will buy Grand Final tickets every year and sell them off to their friends.

This means that the waiting list to go from AFL Silver to AFL Gold will continue to slow [I'm currently in my 7th year of Silver membership; was told when I started in 2012 It'd be a 6-7 year wait and I'm still over 5,000 spaces back in the waiting list] meaning that Silver members with Richmond club support [people who actually barrack for the club] are missing out on the opportunity to buy Grand Final tickets because Gold members of any club can just buy them and scalp them off to their mates.

I'll be honest-- if this guy wasn't a Richmond supporter I'd be hoping that he & his son [who will stand out in the AFL section due to his age; with AFL gold membership being a 10-11 year wait at the moment] would get asked to provide AFL memberships at the gate on Saturday. I don't wish that would happen because the guy is a Tigers supporter; but the situation really frustrates me when a MATE of an AFL Gold member gets to go to the Grand Final, but an AFL Silver member with Richmond club support doesn't even get the opportunity.
I’m a Richmond AFL silver member also, I’ve got tickets to the game, through a gold member. I don’t agree with it but it’s the only way I’ll see one til I’m gold and I’m not going to wait. It’s just how it is, you can’t blame anyone but the AFL for this mess! Instead of complaining about it I’ve just taken It for what it is and used it to my advantage. It’s shit, I know and it definitely ain’t right. But this is a lifelong dream for me, something I’ve thought about doing since I can remember but never thought I’d have the chance til I turned gold, which is probably another 12 years away. So embrace the week and take it for what it is, but don’t blame the poor bloke who’s brought a ticket through a scalper to live out his life long dream.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is is difficult one for me ethically as an AFL Silver member (with Richmond club support).

Like I'm glad that this Richmond father & son are able to experience the Grand Final together (I was lucky enough to do that with my Dad in '17 by getting access to corporate tickets); but the way he's obtained his tickets through AFL Gold members with non-club support and paying for most of their 2020 AFL membership costs means it's creating a 'culture' where AFL Gold members will buy Grand Final tickets every year and sell them off to their friends.

This means that the waiting list to go from AFL Silver to AFL Gold will continue to slow [I'm currently in my 7th year of Silver membership; was told when I started in 2012 It'd be a 6-7 year wait and I'm still over 5,000 spaces back in the waiting list] meaning that Silver members with Richmond club support [people who actually barrack for the club] are missing out on the opportunity to buy Grand Final tickets because Gold members of any club can just buy them and scalp them off to their mates.

I'll be honest-- if this guy wasn't a Richmond supporter I'd be hoping that he & his son [who will stand out in the AFL section due to his age; with AFL gold membership being a 10-11 year wait at the moment] would get asked to provide AFL memberships at the gate on Saturday. I don't wish that would happen because the guy is a Tigers supporter; but the situation really frustrates me when a MATE of an AFL Gold member gets to go to the Grand Final, but an AFL Silver member with Richmond club support doesn't even get the opportunity.

Unfortunately it’s the AFL that has created this culture.
And I too see nothing wrong with recouping your costs in full.

Any idea where to find this mythical account number on their crappy website? I can't find my Ticketek customer ID anywhere ... but never got the email confirmation about being in the ballot but can see it in my ticket history. (and yes have checked Spam)
Nope. I can’t see it anywhere apart from the email I was sent.

if you’ve bought tickets before, it also appears on those emails though.

I know I shouldn't feel like this but just looking at the above sums, I feel there will be plenty of great tickets available for the priority 3 members that missed out. Feeling annoyed I've ended up with standing room.
If the GWS ballot stopped then a mass of tickets would be coming back to Richmond, but for some reason they are giving GWS members a second chance with the non GWS real members who will buy up and then scalp at inflated prices who are the problem.

I agree with your calculation, except that there would be on average 1.5 - 2 tickets per account.

Concern is GWS members buying tickets just to on-sell.

People buying scalped tickets are no better than those that buy stolen goods in my opinion. They just perpetuate the problem.
If you’re so desperate to see Richmond win a Grand Final, then go on the waiting list to get a GF membership and keep paying until we make it again.

The correct way to get tickets is to start a podcast then have someone on Twitter give you their p1 barcode

If the GWS ballot stopped then a mass of tickets would be coming back to Richmond, but for some reason they are giving GWS members a second chance with the non GWS real members who will buy up and then scalp at inflated prices who are the problem.
All GWS memberships include priority access to the Grand Final. Even the cheapest ones if you look at their packages, unless I’m reading it wrong

Nope. I can’t see it anywhere apart from the email I was sent.

if you’ve bought tickets before, it also appears on those emails though.

Thanks, got it in the end, I know someone in a Ticketek call center. There I am on the unsuccessful list PDF :(
They are also in the dark as to exactly how the unsold GWS tix are going on-sale to our members, couldn't get confirmation that people in ballot will have any preference over those that weren't

All GWS memberships include priority access to the Grand Final. Even the cheapest ones if you look at their packages, unless I’m reading it wrong

The problem is non gws fans who bought memberships on the chance they could get cheap gf tickets

Now the issue will be members buying tickets to on sell or for mates in the GWS members general sale this afternoon...

Otherwise there’s a good chance for those who missed the ballot come tomorrow

And that's my biggest worry. Any GWS barcode can now get a ticket which will erode that surplus from the ballot. The only thing is it will be harder for people in Sydney to on-sell them given you need to pick up the physical ticket so people will be buying barcodes to use which is very risky IMO

Thanks, got it in the end, I know someone in a Ticketek call center. There I am on the unsuccessful list PDF :(
They are also in the dark as to exactly how the unsold GWS tix are going on-sale to our members, couldn't get confirmation that people in ballot will have any preference over those that weren't

There is a faq in the website

Any leftovers will go on sale tomorrow
11-1

11-12 for unsuccessful ballot members
12-1 anyone else if any left

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

Back