2019 fixture (news, requests and leaks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Great for the bottom line, but not great for our on-field chances.

Very tough start, and we play WC, Richmond and Melbourne twice....and Essendon who are tipped to be a force next year.

We don't get any of the easybeats like Gold Coast, Carlton or St.Kilda twice.

Looks a very tough draw. But if we are good enough, we'll do well.
Meh, every year changes. Last year we would be “good” to have double ups against and we made the grand final.

Plenty will go backwards, plenty forwards

1_09CoSy13AW%201725cn.jpg

That's how long (I think)

Quite a while then.

The worst placed team going into a season is the grand final loser. You finish the season without the ultimate reward and are absolute spent by the end of it, grand final teams tend to be sluggish to get into gear. This is not helped by tough early rounds. The draw is tough throughout the season, we only play the scum once...

We need to have a good year from an injury perspective to play finals. The competition is so close and dropping games is costly.

In the words of a very "humble" man...…………….:$

Champion Data say:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/easiest-draw-to-hardest-pies-uphill-battle-for-another-gf
COLLINGWOOD faces a titanic task to make it back to the Grand Final next year, according to Champion Data's difficult rating of the 2019 fixture.
The AFL's official number cruncher believes the Magpies have the toughest draw of all teams, ahead of Hawthorn, North Melbourne, West Coast and Melbourne.

I say...bring it on!!:D

Exactly Maggie5...………...anytime.....anywhere...….anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion Data say:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/easiest-draw-to-hardest-pies-uphill-battle-for-another-gf

COLLINGWOOD faces a titanic task to make it back to the Grand Final next year, according to Champion Data's difficult rating of the 2019 fixture.
The AFL's official number cruncher believes the Magpies have the toughest draw of all teams, ahead of Hawthorn, North Melbourne, West Coast and Melbourne.

I say...bring it on!!:D
The “easiest draw” thing for 2018 was bullshit and I have no doubt the same will be true of the “hardest draw” thing for 2019. In my humble, this is not Champion Data’s best work.

Draw looks tough on first inspection, however, at the start of the year some were predicting us to have 2 or less wins from our first 6. In an even comp, we don't know how teams will perform next year so it's all speculation at this stage. Hopefully, after the year the boys had, and the natural improvement in much of our best 22, we stay in contention.

In saying that, I think it's really important we start well against Geelong, because rounds 2 and 3 won't be easy. Then the draw starts to open up a bit.

Wow really? Wonder why I thought we played them twice.

What about before that? I know we had a stretch there where we had been playing them twice a year for a looooooooong time.
Before 2017, it was 1991.

So you are right to say that there was a big stretch of playing them twice every year.

I’m actually surprised to learn we have the “hardest draw”, at first glance I wasn’t at all worried.

Besides, 2018’s good teams won’t necessarily be 2019’s good teams so who knows how it’ll look at the end of the season.

Plenty of blockbuster games and back up in the bright lights of prime time where we should be!

Tough double ups.

Essendon
Melbourne
West Coast
Richmond
Bulldogs

Not getting a double up v Carlton is pure conspiracy. They are just trying to slow us down in the head to head race (still two wins behind them)

This is the biggest disgrace since the year the Essendon players were all banned and Collingwood was denied a double up for the only time in living memory!!!

(in reality I dont think the Bombers and Dogs will be a challenge and even the Tigers might suddenly be back in the pack. Eagles and Demons might be our two toughest double up opponents next season).

Tough double ups.

Essendon
Melbourne
West Coast
Richmond
Bulldogs

Not getting a double up v Carlton is pure conspiracy. They are just trying to slow us down in the head to head race (still two wins behind them)

This is the biggest disgrace since the year the Essendon players were all banned and Collingwood was denied a double up for the only time in living memory!!!

(in reality I dont think the Bombers and Dogs will be a challenge and even the Tigers might suddenly be back in the pack. Eagles and Demons might be our two toughest double up opponents next season).
I’m right into the conspiracy theory - fully expected a double up against the Blues. Also pretty shifty that the only recent year we haven’t doubled up against Bombers was the same year they had 12 players suspended.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 fixture (news, requests and leaks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back