2019 Membership Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? bloody hell. Got a membership for myself and girlfriend, and we cant sit together. Took some time off work today to make sure i was ready at 9am, but couldn't get through all day.

What’s your membership mate?

What’s your membership mate?
Pretty sure Monday-Wednesday was for Legends and Club 5 members only:

When can I access the ISM?
The ISM is accessible to different groups at varied times, these are broken down below:
  • Club 5 and Legends members: Monday 26 November - Wednesday 28 November
  • All other members: Friday 30 November - Wednesday 5 December
  • General public: Monday 10 December

4 more months or so till

First Bounce.

Also 51 weeks to Cup Day

As an afl member is there anyway you can get a scarf with the years member in it? Or is that a club membership thing?
Don't start!:D

As an afl member is there anyway you can get a scarf with the years member in it? Or is that a club membership thing?
How many years do you want? I’ve got a few unopened. It is a club member thing, though.

The best scarf I’ve got (should I say my favourite) I saw in the Royal Melbourne Show.
A bit by accident was browsing as you do in the afl spot and I just liked the scarf. Now it goes to games.

Club members. Even tho we AFL members are counted as a club member and $150.00 goes to the Collingwood fc. I bet 3 game members get a free scarf!!! I know Essendon afl members and they get a free scarf every year plus bumper stickers

Last edited:
What about the person at the forum who said I know you don't like us AFL Members ED:)
Ed still doesn't get it and thinks we all should tow the line and pay the money to the club.

I still dont know which membership I should get. I know I wont make it to all the games, but I want a reserved seat and ANZAC day. Grand final access would be nice, but I can live with going into a ballot. Normal final access would be ideal.
Leaning to Captains, but that doesnt have ANZAC day I dont think. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and go Legends MCG.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still dont know which membership I should get. I know I wont make it to all the games, but I want a reserved seat and ANZAC day. Grand final access would be nice, but I can live with going into a ballot. Normal final access would be ideal.
Leaning to Captains, but that doesnt have ANZAC day I dont think. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and go Legends MCG.
Also MCG Legends, and Legends Bay. Guaranteed GF ticket, priority finals, Anzac day.

What about the person at the forum who said I know you don't like us AFL Members ED:)
Ed still doesn't get it and thinks we all should tow the line and pay the money to the club.
Fair enough really. From a club perspective that’s what, 13,000ish people they’re only getting $150 from instead of an average of $500+.

I was an AFL Member for years before I switched to being a legends member when I couldn’t make it to as many neautral games and the majority of my family and friends are AFL members so I’m not having a go. Just saying from a club perspective it is awfully strange that clubs have to compete with the league for members. I can completely understand why in Collingwood’s eyes you’ve chosen to support the AFL and not the CFC. I’m sure the club feels the same way about the 12,000 odd MCC members we have too.

Fair enough really. From a club perspective that’s what, 13,000ish people they’re only getting $150 from instead of an average of $500+.

I was an AFL Member for years before I switched to being a legends member when I couldn’t make it to as many neautral games and the majority of my family and friends are AFL members so I’m not having a go. Just saying from a club perspective it is awfully strange that clubs have to compete with the league for members. I can completely understand why in Collingwood’s eyes you’ve chosen to support the AFL and not the CFC. I’m sure the club feels the same way about the 12,000 odd MCC members we have too.
The money differential must sting a little (a lot).

Also MCG Legends, and Legends Bay. Guaranteed GF ticket, priority finals, Anzac day.

Thanks for the reply. I dont really understand the Legends Bay? Being able to buy guest passes seems good. Not sure what else is the point? What is the Bay?

Thanks for the reply. I dont really understand the Legends Bay? Being able to buy guest passes seems good. Not sure what else is the point? What is the Bay?

The bay looks to be specific to Legends May members.
https://memberhq.s3.amazonaws.com/a...00x687_2019_MCG_HOME-LEGENDS-SEATING-MAPS.png
The bays in Orange. Looks like level 2 and Level 3.
Other than that, mostly has what Legends has.
Access to the Legends Bay at MCG home games, plus a reserved seat for away games in Melbourne.
PREMIERSHIP-687a-1.png
Guaranteed access to purchase a 2019 Grand Final ticket, if Collingwood is a competing team.
GUARANTEEDTICKET-344b-1.png
Priority access to purchase tickets in weeks 1 to 3 of the 2019 Finals Series, if Collingwood is a competing team.
ANZAC-08e0-1.png
A guaranteed reserved seat on ANZAC Day.
LEGENDS-LOUNGE-2-bf74-1.png
Access to the Legends Lounge at selected MCG matches.
SOCIAL-dbd6-1.png
Social Club access on match days, plus a Social Club medallion.
BAG-fbe4-1.png
Legends membership pack, including a personalised scarf, Legends pin, bumper stickers, membership card and lanyard.

It's a little bit cheaper than Legends. Then you have MCG Legends, but that would only be only MCG. Which is $100 cheaper than legends, but really depends on what you want. So there are a few others.
Only one is the reserved Seating membership. Probably the cheaper one out of these, but no guaranteed GF access (Ballot -- I was this, this year but was chosen in the ballot so not impossible) but also get same priority access for finals.

I can completely understand why in Collingwood’s eyes you’ve chosen to support the AFL and not the CFC.
My decision is based on seating allocation/availability and historically about going to finals.
I also have social club, (which I never use).

My decision is based on seating allocation/availability and historically about going to finals.
I also have social club, (which I never use).
Absolutely, your decision is completly your own and needs no explanation. Sorry I shouldn’t have used such pointed language. What I meant was I can see why the club is frustrated at missing out to the league it’s a part of and pays taxes to.

Personally my reason for being an AFL member rather than a Collingwood one at the time (also had social club that was never used... actually I’ve still to this day only ever used it once) was due to attending 2-3 matches a round. It’s better value there’s no doubt about it.

It took me 7 years as a legends member before I got seats I’m happy with so trust me when I say I can relate to your reasoning.

To switch tact slightly, on the legends bay offering I was kind of hoping they’d actually make all of level 1 in the Ponsford Stand a reserved Bay Area rather than a reserved seat. Obviously it’s a large area so it could be open for Club 5, Legends, Captains and Social Club Members on a first in first served basis. I get frustrated seeing all of those seats empty all the time, there were people in my row that came to 1 game all season. Which is perfectly fine as obviously they want to support the club and get the benefits of a legends membership but there are people on the top deck who’d love to sit in their seat. Or at least give us an opt out option for big sell out games so that the club can offer the seats for sale.

Last edited:
Absolutely, your decision is completly your own and needs no explanation. Sorry I shouldn’t have used such pointed language. What I meant was I can see why the club is frustrated at missing out to the league it’s a part of and pays taxes to.

Personally my reason for being an AFL member rather than a Collingwood one at the time (also had social club that was never used... actually I’ve still to this day only ever used it once) was due to attending 2-3 matches a round. It’s better value there’s no doubt about it.

It took me 7 years as a legends member before I got seats I’m happy with so trust me when I say I can relate to your reasoning.

To switch tact slightly, on the legends bay offering I was kind of hoping they’d actually make all of level 1 in the Ponsford Stand a reserved Bay Area rather than a reserved seat. Obviously it’s a large area so it could be open for Club 5, Legends, Captains and Social Club Members on a first in first served basis. I get frustrated seeing all of those seats empty all the time, there were people in my row that came to 1 game all season. Which is perfectly fine as obviously they want to support the club and get the benefits of a legends membership but there are people on the top deck who’d love to sit in their seat. Or at least give us an opt out option for big sell out games so that the club can offer the seats for sale.

I live in Sydney and have Legends but only get down for about 5 home games. I also have an Arsenal season ticket which I can sell most of my seats back into the pool as I don’t get there as much as I used to. I would happily sell my unused seats back for others to use.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also what is a “good” seat for some is not for others. I just swapped my M11 for seats behind the goals as my boys want to be near the action. They enjoy that much more than a good view at the side.

Also what is a “good” seat for some is not for others. I just swapped my M11 for seats behind the goals as my boys want to be near the action. They enjoy that much more than a good view at the side.

I love being area the goals for the atmosphere. Last two years I have been M34, but for home games in 2019 changing to M36, still close to the goals, but decided to try something different.

But from what I read, you can change allocation throughout the season.

Agreed, I’m sure others probably love level 1 seats but I can’t stand it. I’d actually rather sit up in the nosebleeds than on level 1. Level 2 has been my goal for years.

Thankfully after 3 years I managed N level seating for home games and after 7 years 4 waiting lists and many phone calls and emails I’ve finally managed N level for away games at the G.

Level 2 for home at Marvel too which was much easier to get but wasn’t cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back