Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t mind it.

both are reaches but you could probably say that about 10 other players.

both are quick and play in areas we need. Bergmann is young for his draft year so lots of potential and Georgiardes was highly rated as a junior.

says to me we aren’t picking for 2020.

also watch the offers roll in for our pick. Turn that into two of Worrell, Williams or Sharp and we are laughing.

Can I just say something obvious?

If we we picked a player at 19 knowing we had pick 22 they PROBABLY weren’t going to be available in the 30s.

Just saying

This is a seemingly reasonable post until you remember that it rests on the premise that Port only do things that make sense.

I really like the Georgiades pick. A lot.
Haven't followed the draft but from everything that has been said or posted since we called his name he sounds exactly like the sort of player to take a punt on.

Maybe, but at 191cm and coming off a severe injury it’s not like there aren’t red flags to go with the fact it’s obviously a reach.

If it was a corkie, its a different injury to an ACL or hammy etc. unlikely to be a recurring thing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping Port can turn pick 22 and maybe one of its extras 2nd or 3rd rounders into 2 picks prior to Mead

Otherwise I'm not sure the trade down was worth just not going into extra deficit for next year

To be honest i was not happy with either pick at first look, but we have done well over the last few years so i am hoping the team got it right!

Unless we trade this pick, it is likely going to be a defender..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that with Kemp if he doesn’t somehow become a superstar mid almost instantly, he would just absolutely bomb at Port Adelaide without a spot in the side.

Perhaps he was still worth the chance but ehhhh Parker takes the wins I guess, which I think is OK in the first round.

I like Geogiades.

Had the discipline to gain 10kg whilst injured bringing him to 191cm and 87kg which is afl ready. came 5th? in the 20m sprint 2.9 ish seconds good leap and supposedly a good character.

Worrell having the personality of Tom Lamb explains why he wasnt taken first round

Robertson having the same disposal as Peter Bampton explains why wasnt taken first round

Someone like a Gould would explain why we were willing to trade two/three picks down

I'm hoping Port can turn pick 22 and maybe one of its extras 2nd or 3rd rounders into 2 picks prior to Mead

Otherwise I'm not sure the trade down was worth just not going into extra deficit for next year

I wouldn't want us to have picked Sam
Philp or Thomson Dow anyway. That deal is just a free pick in the 50's as far as I'm concerned.

Hang on... do Suns still have a priority pick at the start of the 2nd round or did they trade that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2019 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back