2019 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can't see why the AAF is better than the NFL, your team love is taking precedence. Ignore that for a moment and look at the two leagues in isolation. The NFL is ruined with a million too many rules, the game play is spoiled, adverse to defense to promote fantasy/gambling, all about the offense, and there's far too much internal corruption that goes on inside the NFL, officiating, drafts, relocations, general front office happenings, results on the field, etc. The AAF is a purer cleaner product. Just football happening, and very random and clean. I can't count the number of ways that the NFL is corrupt, it would take a much longer post to list them all.

And now you have yet more ways of the NFL eating itself, reaching critical mass. With these video replay rules. Even players are now speaking out against them. Just like they did with the rule changes last year. And the game was a shambles last year. Some owners have got it right. Namely Mike Brown. Who keeps opposing all these rules being added in, and explaining why, but the other owners and competition committee are too corrupted.

"As the years pass I am much more a fan of the {insert team name} than I am of the game itself."

I've always been more of a fan of the game (NFL). Don't like Roger, worst Commish in major sports, most owners seem like w***ers.

This PI rule change is an overreaction

Pretty sure the Ice Hockey fans would like to have a word

Kraft gets others to do it for him ;)

Oh yeah Ice hockey, admittedly don’t know much about that.

Additionally I suppose if we extend that worldwide there’s quite a number of contenders, Gil for one.

As for Kraft, that cheeky little ******

Oh yeah Ice hockey, admittedly don’t know much about that.
Its one of few things I know about Ice Hockey - that the only "commissioner" they've ever had is widely held to be terrible, and has caused a lockout multiple times.

Roger isn't quite that bad, but he's certainly made a case to be in the discussion for worst major US sports commish ever

Last edited:
I'd like to see the comparison of good PI calls vs bad PI calls. Yes, the bad ones stand out, but this rule change comes across as a bad PR exercise.
"Oh shit we done goofed in an important game, better change the rule to make it look like we're doing something"

Kind of odd when Mike Brown is the voice of reason.

Where are all the Cowboys fans in here? Just quietly I think we are making some nice additions in free agency.
They apparently don't like to mingle with all the other NFL fans any more. I'd have told you to check the dedicated Cowboys thread but it seems you've already found it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you drd23 it has been quite a few years since I have been here and yes I did find the Cowboys thread. Is there any way in the settings of sorting the most recent comments at the top of page one of the Cowboys thread? I have to go to page 266 (at the moment) to read the most recent comments.

Thank you drd23 it has been quite a few years since I have been here and yes I did find the Cowboys thread. Is there any way in the settings of sorting the most recent comments at the top of page one of the Cowboys thread? I have to go to page 266 (at the moment) to read the most recent comments.
It should default to the last comment

Go to the purple? bar above , look for the settings button 'click watch console preferences'' and adjust settings accordingly. The only time it will revert back to page 1 is if the thread ''dies'' for a month or so or you dont open it for a while. I set mine to new posts watched posts then I just need to click on new posts

Good luck.

To think I was told (repeatedly) how impressive and shrewd that draft was.....a draft run by rank amateurs that were so far in over their collective heads it wasn't even funny.

Good to see we flushed all that crap right out the door finally. ;)

To think I was told (repeatedly) how impressive and shrewd that draft was.....a draft run by rank amateurs that were so far in over their collective heads it wasn't even funny.

Good to see we flushed all that crap right out the door finally. ;)

Chiefs acquired DE Emmanuel Ogbah from the Browns in exchange for S Eric Murray.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Apr 2, 2019, 7:39 AM

Sean McVay pulls prank on Kliff Kingsbury
Posted by Charean Williams on April 1, 2019, 7:32 PM EDT
gettyimages-1079803708-e1554161515940.jpg

Getty Images
Sean McVay didn’t need April Fool’s to pull a prank on Kliff Kingsbury, making the Cardinals’ new coach believe he was losing the top pick for tampering.
The Rams coach and Kingsbury recently had dinner with Patrick Mahomes, whom Kingsbury coached at Texas Tech.
At the dinner, McVay fooled Kingsbury into thinking NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell had texted him.
“We have a mutual friend, and I put his name in my phone as ‘Roger Goodell,'” McVay said on Adam Schefter’s podcast, via Yahoo Sports. “I had this friend send me a text saying, ‘I can’t believe you’re at dinner with Kingsbury and Mahomes. You know better than this. This is tampering. You’re both losing picks.’ I showed Kliff the text, and he looked like he saw a ghost.”
Kingsbury thought he was going to lose the No. 1 overall pick, and McVay urged Kingsbury to call General Manager Steve Keim to tell him the bad news.
“We couldn’t let it go on too long,” McVay said. “It was pretty good. We got him good. I was talking to him about it [at the owners’ meetings] when I saw him. I’m pretty proud of that one.”
Kingsbury has vowed to get him back, McVay said.

Bill Parcells wanted Giants to draft Reggie White to pair with Lawrence Taylor in 1984

By Charles Curtis | For NJ Advance MediaPosted May 5, 2014

Former Giants coach Bill Parcells couldn't convince GM George Young to draft defensive end Reggie White in 1984.

Could the Giants have had both linebacker Lawrence Taylor and defensive end Reggie White on their roster back in the 1980s?

According to former Giants head coach Bill Parcells, that's what he wanted for the franchise he coached at the time.

But as he said to The Daily News' Gary Myers, he couldn't convince late GM George Young to draft White.

Thirty years ago, the 1984 USFL supplemental draft was held, giving NFL teams the chance to grab the rights to a player from the upstart league if it folded, the player finished his time in the USFL or was released.

The Giants had the third pick and, as Myers wrote, "Parcells lobbied Young to take White of the Memphis Showboats. ... But the Giants' offensive line was a mess and Young wanted offensive tackle Gary Zimmerman, who was playing for the Los Angeles Express." Because Parcells was almost fired in his first year with the franchise, he "didn't have much clout in the organization at that point."

You might know the rest. If not: The Eagles had the next selection and took White after the Giants took Zimmerman, who didn't want to play for New York and was eventually traded to the Vikings. White logged 13 sacks in his rookie year with the Eagles in 1985 and ended up with 198 for his Hall of Fame career.

The Giants, of course, were just fine, winning two Super Bowls with Taylor and their dominant defense leading the way. But just imagine what the White-Taylor pairing could have done.

Report: DeMarcus Lawrence agrees to five-year, $100 million deal

Posted by Charean Williams on April 5, 2019, 6:48 PM EDT

gettyimages-597594810-e1553563278395.jpg

Getty Images

The Cowboys deal with DeMarcus Lawrence is nearly done, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports, with the parameters in place on a five-year extension worth $100 million.
PFT reported earlier today the sides were nearing a deal.
Khalil Mack averages $23.5 million a season to lead all pass rushers, with Von Miller coming in second at $19.1 million per season. Defensive end Trey Flowers left New England to sign a five-year, $90 million deal with Detroit, ranking him third in annual average.
The Cowboys used the franchise tag on Lawrence for a second consecutive year, but the defensive end had no plans to sign the $20.5 million tag for 2019 and has postponed shoulder surgery without a new deal in place.

But just imagine what the White-Taylor pairing could have done.

That should read....”imagine what the White-Taylor-Belichick trio could have done!

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back