Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
Really weird considering we had a fun time with them in the banter thread a few weeks ago together.

& you wondered why I wanted the campaigners to cop a KP final for the lulz

Massive chip on their shoulder when it comes to us.

Just got lucky they played Collingwood in a granny. Everyone beats Collingwood on GF day. Apart from fail clubs like Essendon & St Kilda

k84QCu.gif

Salty Swans supporters -

"All Clubs would be excepting of The MCG Being the home of the GF As it always has been and should be if Richmond & Collingwood played 11 home games there like the rest of the competition do at their home grounds. Playing 17 or 18 there a year is a ****ing disgrace and in Richmonds case not leaving there for 7 weeks on end is farcical so Give the ***** 11 games there a year and if they are good enough to make top 4 on that and win the flag all power to them. "

"Why don't you get out of his arse and while you are at it go buy a ****ing Richmond membership. Him, their club and their supporters are all ****ing Dogs.

You don't know what I was replying to. No real love for them and their feral fans , I just hate GWS because they have been gifted players , if we got what they got we would have won another 3 flags ! "

I tend to agree with this but lets not forget there are a whole lot of people that should be answerable for this other than the hordes who will blame Longmire going forward because let's face it you can't pull your socks up if you've got none on. I've been vocal on the leg up Richmond get with their MCG Concession during H&A Season and have not hid my dislike for them or their scum supporters but the areas you are talking about you have to give give credit where it is due. Great forsight in recruiting.

I don't get this interstate inferiority complex that non-vic oppos have. We had 13 games at the G this year (not including finals) and 9 games at either Marvel or interstate. Of the 13 MCG games we played Collingwood & Melbourne twice & the Hawks so effectively 5 games we have no clear home ground advantage. I'll throw them a bone and say the swans game at Marvel was a clear home ground advantage to us, that makes 9 games with clear home ground advantage. If every bloody interstate club is getting at least 11 home games, clearly we are being disadvantaged.

I never understood their whinging, every other team plays them once a year at their home ground at most, never getting a chance to get used to the playing conditions there. Basically a leg up to guarantee a couple of wins. Whereas MCG tenanted teams have nowhere near the advantage.

If your team didn't make the GF, its because your team is shit

This idiot has the same level of logic of my 6 year old nephew who thinks good teams remain good forever and bad teams stay bad forever.

We were s**t for a long time but anyone who thought that would last forever are kidding themselves.

I warned a few in late 2017 (before finals) to the fact that this Richmond team looked a little different to previous versions. I'm convinced the 2017 Qualifying Final awakened Derangement Syndrome in quite a few. Not unlike what we experienced a decade earlier.

It's the nature of sport to be cyclical. Richmond had a long time in the shade, but learned from it, and right now are clearly the best team around. No shame in admitting that.

I warned a few in late 2017 (before finals) to the fact that this Richmond team looked a little different to previous versions. I'm convinced the 2017 Qualifying Final awakened Derangement Syndrome in quite a few. Not unlike what we experienced a decade earlier.

It's the nature of sport to be cyclical. Richmond had a long time in the shade, but learned from it, and right now are clearly the best team around. No shame in admitting that.

Shhhhh you are meant to be melting not talking logic my friend!

I don't get this interstate inferiority complex that non-vic oppos have. We had 13 games at the G this year (not including finals) and 9 games at either Marvel or interstate. Of the 13 MCG games we played Collingwood & Melbourne twice & the Hawks so effectively 5 games we have no clear home ground advantage. I'll throw them a bone and say the swans game at Marvel was a clear home ground advantage to us, that makes 9 games with clear home ground advantage. If every bloody interstate club is getting at least 11 home games, clearly we are being disadvantaged.

I never understood their whinging, every other team plays them once a year at their home ground at most, never getting a chance to get used to the playing conditions there. Basically a leg up to guarantee a couple of wins. Whereas MCG tenanted teams have nowhere near the advantage.

If your team didn't make the GF, its because your team is s**t
I count only 5 games where we had clear home ground advantage - r5 v Swans, r17 v Giants, r18 v Port, r22 v Eagles and r23 v Lions. How do you get to 9?

If part of the reason is because of the game vs the Cats - the MCG is one of the Cats' home grounds, has been for 100+ years, has always been where they play finals save for one loss played at Kardinia, and don't let Chris Scott convince you otherwise! They shouldn't be allowed to play ANY games at Kardinia, let alone major games such as finals, given the standard of the facilities (player/staff/spectator - the lot), capacity, dimensions of the ground etc. It's a hole.

Each participating state has at least 2 teams, and they usually play each other twice, so that means they only have 9 to 10 games with clear home ground advantage. You could mount an argument that the QLD and NSW teams get 11 proper home games though, given they don't share a ground. 9 home games is still a lot more than 5!

I would also add that a significant disadvantage that people ignore is that the MCG is like Wembley and, as a stadium, doesn't really create a home ground advantage for us - it is modern (compared with, for example, kardina park and the gabba in particular), standard in size and shape (compared with, for example, kardina park) and cavernous (compared with every other stadium in the comp) and accordingly we are rarely able to fill it during a H&A match. However, perhaps most importantly, all teams have to play there several times in a year if they want to win a premiership, and train/prepare accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I count only 5 games where we had clear home ground advantage - r5 v Swans, r17 v Giants, r18 v Port, r22 v Eagles and r23 v Lions. How do you get to 9?

If part of the reason is because of the game vs the Cats - the MCG is one of the Cats' home grounds, has been for 100+ years, has always been where they play finals save for one loss played at Kardinia, and don't let Chris Scott convince you otherwise! They shouldn't be allowed to play ANY games at Kardinia, let alone major games such as finals, given the standard of the facilities (player/staff/spectator - the lot), capacity, dimensions of the ground etc. It's a hole.

Each participating state has at least 2 teams, and they usually play each other twice, so that means they only have 9 to 10 games with clear home ground advantage. You could mount an argument that the QLD and NSW teams get 11 proper home games though, given they don't share a ground. 9 home games is still a lot more than 5!

I would also add that a significant disadvantage that people ignore is that the MCG is like Wembley and, as a stadium, doesn't really create a home ground advantage for us - it is modern (compared with, for example, kardina park and the gabba in particular), standard in size and shape (compared with, for example, kardina park) and cavernous (compared with every other stadium in the comp) and accordingly we are rarely able to fill it during a H&A match. However, perhaps most importantly, all teams have to play there several times in a year if they want to win a premiership, and train/prepare accordingly.

I just did a blanket MCG game against anyone, not currently an MCG tenant. Cats are currently not listed as a tenant. So I am assuming we get clear home advantage against Marvel tenants, which I believe is fair, given how badly they play the MCG and how shithouse we play Marvel.

To be fair I think the absolute nuffies of all teams supporters including ours do flock to such threads on the main board when it comes to melting about opposition success, but it’s not really a true representation of the demographic. These are the special ones.
I know myself, many in here and many oppo posters just love footy and can tolerate other teams success. I love finals and have been to heaps, been to 12 GF’s and countless great games that didn’t include Richmond and have some of my fondest memories of the game where the tigers weren’t involved whether I was there or not in the big ones.
Things like Abletts 9 and Dermies 8 in losing teams will never leave me, the games of McLeod, Matera, Jarman, Black, Goddard and Tony Shaw still send shivers down my spine. Seeing Carey rip finals apart, Liam Pickens inspirational GF, the story of Shane Ellen, unbelievable moments like Scarlett’s toe poke and Leo Barry’s mark, Sheeds goal etc are forever burnt into my mind and leave me in awe, and I now have some incredible memories of Dusty, Pickett and so forth to go along with them.
Got me ****ed how you could be so delusional and bent out of shape to actually just not enjoy stuff like that as a footy fan regardless of your allegiance.

I’ve been going to footy for a long, long time and been fortunate to see so many great teams and players from other sides over the years. Have genuinely enjoyed the pure joy that premiership success has brought to my friends who support other clubs (& I include Carlton, Collingwood & Essendon in that) and for years craved the same thing. Personally I got messages of pre game support and post match congrats from people who support Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon, Saints, Hawthorn, West Coast, Adelaide, Footscray & probably others I’ve forgotten, some of who I hadn’t heard from for months & possibly years, who were genuinely stoked for me and full of admiration (& envy) of our club.

I don’t bother to even respond to clueless trolls on an internet forum as I can’t get my head around the fact that they can be so bitter & deluded as to denigrate someone else’s achievements when it’s so obvious when you break it down that we are an absolutely fantastic football team and incredibly well run organisation. I just bask in the glow of this premiership feeling right now, but never forgetting that it can all dry up very quickly. This club we have built is a mighty wonderful thing and the premierships are the cream on the top. No one can take them away, regardless of what they type on a keyboard

I told anyone who would bother to listen that we would be the worst winners imagineable.
I'm glad we piss people off.
It's good to be the king.
yep, far as Im concerned , especially essendrug supporters , still have another 35 years of crap and trolling coming from me. Made my life miserable. M...f..k..rs

the guy that runs that page is a mentally unstable saints supporter who hates richmond. its a troll page, no one can be that ******ed.

All saints supporters are mentally unstable
At least I hope so why else would you go for that minrow club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back