Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
Love this guy's logic.
"Geelong finished top of the ladder therefore their prelim should have been played at Kardinia Park"
geelol lost their qualifying final so richmond was the higher ranked team in the prelim

funny, they dont have a bone to pick with pies who they played in the g qf like they did with us in 2017

as though a noise coming from the scoreboard has such a dramatic effect on the 89 point belting of that game.
i mean cmon, ive heard heaps of interstate and 'away' teams have their sounds played at the g in finals.
its probably because plastic gws didnt have anything to put through the speaker so it was left out.
stick to your s**tty morning television and pathetic shanty town football club, campaigner.
they just can. not. stand. that we are so good, any little clutch at a straw to discredit us.
pure salt.

I remember in 2017 they had that stupid trumpet noise every time they kicked a goal
Was cringe af

Koch was on FIVEaa radio, claiming playing the Tiger roar provided an unfair advantage.
It was a Richmond home game.
Richmond has been subsidising VFL-AFL revenues for 40 years, providing large attendances, we finally have a strong team and he is being churlish.
I don't like the tiger roar.
The fan noise is plenty.

Not that it provided an advantage.
GWS playing their song through the speakers at our home final in 2017 though, did Kochie bring that up?

I remember in 2017 they had that stupid trumpet noise every time they kicked a goal
Was cringe af
yeah utter garbage, gold coast do a similar thing at their games as well

One of the most underrated parts of winning a flag is once you recover from celebrations, you have the whole off-season to read through opposition Grand Final gameday threads to see which group of supporters our premiership hurt the most.

I think I’ll save Geelong till last.

Pro tip. Adelaide. Footyveva and mike_smythe are next level schardenfruede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dumb question, was that for the Grand Final or all the finals?

Because at the Prelim I certainly didn't hear a roar or anything after Richmond goals, the crowd was easily too loud for that.
This! I honestly didn't know the Roar was played... to busy celebrating each goal with the nutcases around me.

Good to see they have finally added a poll to the Fyfe better than Dusty thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and I remember in the 2017 prelim, the GWS stupid song soundbyte was playing every time they kicked a goal... it's a "neutral" game as far as the "crowd engagement" is concerned, for all finals. He's clearly salty.

just found it weird that GWS didn't have anything setup for the GF this year and we did (or they kicked so few goals that I didn't even notice it haha)... it didn't matter anyway as the crowd was way louder than any "tiger roar" being played through the speakers :D

EDIT: found the GWS thing referenced here -> https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...y-giants-4-45pm-the-mcg.1177945/post-52620143
and here -> https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...y-giants-4-45pm-the-mcg.1177945/post-52620425
I would go back and watch the game again if I were you. They had instruments in their cheer squad so that song is actually from the cheer squad and the TV crew have mics near the cheers squads so that is why you heard it.

I would go back and watch the game again if I were you. They had instruments in their cheer squad so that song is actually from the cheer squad and the TV crew have mics near the cheers squads so that is why you heard it.
I did go back and watch the 2019 GF as well and I did hear something on all 3 of their goals (hahahhahahahahhahahhaha) and it didn't sound too consistent, so you might be right.

Why the hell would they play that after the siren in 2017 prelim when they kicked a goal after the siren?

No it was from the speakers. They played it when Himmelberg kicked the goal after the siren and then went onto the Richmond song.

Why the hell would they play that after the siren in 2017 prelim when they kicked a goal after the siren?
They (GWS cheer squad) played their song after every goal they kicked and at other random times in the game.

In terms of after the siren, I speculate that the TV stations just turn on all crows mics which is why their song was so loud at the end of the game

They (GWS cheer squad) played their song after every goal they kicked and at other random times in the game.

In terms of after the siren, I speculate that the TV stations just turn on all crows mics which is why their song was so loud at the end of the game

I know I heard it after every goal whilst sitting in N10. That’s a long bloody way from where the cheer squad was

Love the what if's scenarios being thrown up ... if we had a full list, if we had a better fixture .... if if if LOL

West Coast lost at home to Hawthorn, Collingwood lost at home to GWS.

Nothing to do with Richmond at all, we didnt take our opponents lightly in the past 3 months, didnt get ahead of ourselves and we werent inconsistent when it mattered most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back