Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
I was surprised not to see Carlton with a higher vote. It must be the demographics of the voters as in Coburg I’m surrounded by Blues.
I went outside this morning to put up my GF posters and my neighbour a Blues man was watering his fruit trees and called out to me to go over. He shouted out Richmond supporters should not be happy with dat win. A very bad game for them to watch. Fortunately his Blues son was out there as well and put some sense on the topic by saying ,”Look at the bloke Dad he’s still pissed he’s that happy. I haven’t seen him for five days”.
I told them ,”I was very happy with the game and my only disappointment was that we didn’t win by more and that the only people unhappy were other supporters bc they wanted us to lose”😂😂
The old bloke was then trying to give me an acceptable margin for a good game and mentioning great GF like the 89 one. I laughed him off and said ,”All GF are great if your team wins “ Being a cunning old devil, he then looked at the posters I was about to put up and he said ,’Be careful we get strong North winds here and the Richmond players might blow away.” I replied laughing at him,” We have the force of the strongest wind of all and that’s Mr Benny Gale “ and then left with a swaggers walk and proceeded to finish my joyful task.

I just did a blanket MCG game against anyone, not currently an MCG tenant. Cats are currently not listed as a tenant. So I am assuming we get clear home advantage against Marvel tenants, which I believe is fair, given how badly they play the MCG and how s**thouse we play Marvel.
Ah, fair enough. Although I would note that those clubs list the MCG as one of their home grounds e.g. https://www.geelongcats.com.au/ticketing/grounds

For those who were at the G on Saturday was there anything on the scoreboard or PA following a Giants goal?
Cos since they only kicked 3 goals for the entire game perhaps Kochie just missed it lol
I didn't even notice the tiger after our goals until I reckon the last 1/4. Can't recall there being anything in the first half or the 3rd 1/4.

I didn't even notice the tiger after our goals until I reckon the last 1/4. Can't recall there being anything in the first half or the 3rd 1/4.
****wit must have confused it with the roa of the crowd, but channel seven muppet what do people expect.

Why the hell would they play that after the siren in 2017 prelim when they kicked a goal after the siren?
They (GWS cheer squad) played their song after every goal they kicked and at other random times in the game.

In terms of after the siren, I speculate that the TV stations just turn on all crows mics which is why their song was so loud at the end of the game
Maybe they were hooked up so it goes through the sound system?
We could hear the trumpet coming out of the speaker, it was def live because he occasionally f’ed it up
During the 17 Prelim they had the Giants band in the cheer squad miked up as you've said, but the confusion as to why it was played after the siren was due to GWS kicking a goal on the siren. Fans thought the media guys had stuffed up and not played the Richmond song but that wasn't the case, they let the GWS fans ceebrate their goal and then played the Richmond song.

Neighbour says to me "you must be disappointed in the game"
me "err no it was fantastic"
neighbour "but it wasn't a contest"
me " i know, we loved it, high fiving each other after each goal, we had a great time"

me " i know, we loved it, high fiving each other after each goal, we had a great time"

Is your neighbour my co worker?

She just couldn’t wrap her head around why Richmond supporters would have enjoyed it.

I was surprised not to see Carlton with a higher vote. It must be the demographics of the voters as in Coburg I’m surrounded by Blues.
I went outside this morning to put up my GF posters and my neighbour a Blues man was watering his fruit trees and called out to me to go over. He shouted out Richmond supporters should not be happy with dat win. A very bad game for them to watch. Fortunately his Blues son was out there as well and put some sense on the topic by saying ,”Look at the bloke Dad he’s still pi**ed he’s that happy. I haven’t seen him for five days”.
I told them ,”I was very happy with the game and my only disappointment was that we didn’t win by more and that the only people unhappy were other supporters bc they wanted us to lose”😂😂
The old bloke was then trying to give me an acceptable margin for a good game and mentioning great GF like the 89 one. I laughed him off and said ,”All GF are great if your team wins “ Being a cunning old devil, he then looked at the posters I was about to put up and he said ,’Be careful we get strong North winds here and the Richmond players might blow away.” I replied laughing at him,” We have the force of the strongest wind of all and that’s Mr Benny Gale “ and then left with a swaggers walk and proceeded to finish my joyful task.
Carlton have become so irrelevant that I barely notice them or their BF posters and any salt they may exhume just goes over my head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have a first pick of 34. Some of the proposed trades on their board are borderline insanity.

Poor campaigners

Thought they had finished the rebuild only to realise they have holes all over the place and now Grundy has them by the balls over cash

Delicious

Is your neighbour my co worker?

She just couldn’t wrap her head around why Richmond supporters would have enjoyed it.
Lol I had the opposite.

All my opposition supporter work colleagues were like you must have loved Saturday!

Just deflecting from his own poor performance as Chairman. Port are f’ed financially and nothing winds up the punters more than bringing the tiges into the conversation.

The media should be all over port, their finances and their performances. Joke of a club.

At least Ken Hinkley is happy though, locked away for 2 more years and all cashed up.
hinkley.png

Poor campaigners

Thought they had finished the rebuild only to realise they have holes all over the place and now Grundy has them by the balls over cash

Delicious
And with the Ellis compo, hopefully we could have 2 picks quite low, 19 and say 21/22, and then 2 more in the high 30s.

**** me how stupid are these campaigners? why would we be disappointed with an 89 point grand final win ? :drunk:

hope it happens again and again

Good to see they have finally added a poll to the Fyfe better than Dusty thread

Congrats on your emphatic win. Tigers are easily the best club/team of recent times, enjoy.
Norm Smith medal observation.
While Dusty was a deserved winner I'm a little surprised the voting wasn't closer in regards to recognizing a few of the Tigers back-men; Houli, Edwards etc. Perhaps an oversight considering it's very rare for any team to restrict the opposition to only 3 goals in a Grand Final, thoughts?

Last edited:
Congrats on your emphatic win. Tigers are easily the best club/team of recent times, enjoy.
Norm Smith medal observation.
While Dusty was a deserved winner I'm a little surprised the voting wasn't closer in regards to recognizing a few of the Tigers back-men; Houli, Edwards etc. Perhaps an oversight considering it's very rare for any team to restrict the opposition to only 3 goals in a GF, thoughts?

I actually thought the voting was on point this year.
Dusty was clear best on so received the max 3 from each voter.
GWS never looked like scoring and it wasn't just our back 6 that was stopping their forays. It was an all ground defence that thwarted their ball movement. Made it easy for the backline if it made it that far.
Houli was the next highest vote-getter anyway with three judges giving him the 2.
Pickett was very creative and had the most i50s so can see why he got votes.
Also understandable why Jack got some with 5 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back