Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
Anyone else grown completely immune to what's said about our club? It used to get under my skin really badly, and then I claimed that it didn't impact me but it probably did lol Now I just laugh. I think the outrage culture has got so crazy that no matter what Richmond or their players have done, you just know there will be another thing for the public to rage about within days of the current situation. So it kinda trains the mind to just let go. Water off a ducks back for me now and I reckon many Richmond people coming to the same state.

Much to the same for me now. Perhaps I've just grown up a bit, but I used to religiously read what the media was saying about us a few years back. Now it's not of much interest to me. Probably for the best considering the focus on us over the past couple months. Would maybe put that down to seeking some affirmation that we were a decent side, in contrast to now where their football speaks for itself.

Having said that, I did have flashbacks to 13-16 earlier this year when I saw an article about one of our losses (I think it was the hawks game) featuring an all too familiar image of Cotch looking disparaged running his hand through his hair post match.

Anyone else grown completely immune to what's said about our club? It used to get under my skin really badly, and then I claimed that it didn't impact me but it probably did lol Now I just laugh. I think the outrage culture has got so crazy that no matter what Richmond or their players have done, you just know there will be another thing for the public to rage about within days of the current situation. So it kinda trains the mind to just let go. Water off a ducks back for me now and I reckon many Richmond people coming to the same state.
Put me on that list Cotcho, I've learned to live with it a lot better. It's like someone criticising you own kids, you feel like you have to leap to their defence every time...but over the last month I've just had to let it go. Some of it was warranted but geez the way the media ripped into Lynch particularly was really something else. You'd think he'd murdered someone. Defenders get away with trying to rough up their oppos all the time, it's not even blinked at. He pushes off someone and they take a single frame and say he attacked Hurley (who admitted he threw his head back like a horse !)

All this arrogant flog business, I dont see arrogance in our club, I see assertiveness that (low and behold) interestingly Mathew Lloyd has called for at Essendon and Garry Lyon has called for at Melbourne for either of those clubs (include Carlton if you like) to take the next step. They're all soft as butter those clubs, inside and out.

So when they do it, it would be assertive behaviour, when we do it, it's being arrogant. It just shows how jealous they are if you ask me. I also stand back and watch the media cycle jump back off us and go scurrying around for the next player or club to jump on and kick shiz out of.

Media and social media. Just places where has-beens and never-could-be's vent their own frustrations and try to live vicariously through those so much better than them.

Having said that I was terribly dissapointed in Stack and CCJ. That put the rest of the club right under the pump.

Anyway good post. The only salt I need now is a grain of salt when listening to the garbage that spews out. Lol. After all, we are Kings of the jungle these days and that's good enough for me.

It is the dynastic teams that get labelled arrogant.

Remember Geelong 07-11, and they pull sill faces during the team song... arrogant.

Hawthorn during the threepeat, unsociable football, Sam Mitchell injecting drugs on field to the Bombers... arrogant.

Richmond, winning and continuing to win... arrogant.
geelol were on the dank good shit

best

Remember Geelong 07-11, and they pull sill faces during the team song... arrogant.

Hawthorn during the threepeat, unsociable football, Sam Mitchell injecting drugs on field to the Bombers... arrogant.

Hawks got applauded for unsociable football.
Tigers players get put on death row for an open hand push to the chest.

From the Essendon board:

It really hurt to see people ripping into Walla. Leave that to Richmond fans to eat their own. He was a brain fade seconds into a game we lost by nearly 70 points. It didn't cost us the game, just a thing that happened. Agreed with others saying Walla has been a bright spark in a dark period. Shame on people singling him out.
This from a supporter group that send opposition players death threats....

This from a supporter group that send opposition players death threats....
And their own players.
Not death threats but they are worse than us.
Stanton copped a barrage.
Fancy having a crack at one of them nicest guys in the comp in walla for trying to do the team thing.

Ghost I actually saw David King say on TV in 2016 Richmond and Carlton have the two worst lists in the comp. He was adamant the Tigers needed a total rebuild and needed to unload quality players and go to the draft, and Hardwick messaging doesn’t seem to know where he is at saying Tigers list in the best shape since he arrived. I have never seen the fool own these comments, best you got from him was “tigers have surprised us all.” You are way too kind on him. I bet seriously on footy and I find Kingy an extremely reliable reverse indicator.
a few pots at the royal isn't serious .....;););)

And when Bomber ate that sanga during the West Coast game

We did off load quality players: Lids and TV

We did go to the draft: Graham and Bolton who are both premiership players.

So in effect we did what he suggested.

I think he was suggesting getting rid of people like Martin Rance Cotchin and Riewoldt and maybe others as well. In the event our main focus was on trading players in not trading them out. We traded in two proven players Caddy and Prestia and one player in Nankervis who was ready to play regular AFL, and of course we went on to make King’s comments look even more foolish than they sounded at the time.

When I heard King say Richmond and Carlton had the worst two lists in the comp in 2016 I nearly fell over laughing. We had just finished 5th 8th 5th and our best players remained relatively young. I wish I had a link to the footage of his diatribe to offer here, it was idiotic what he said.

13 of the players on our list in 2016 have played in two flags, so far. Another 7 have played in one premiership with us. There were I think 8 players on the list in 2016 who were already All Australians or went on to be All Australians.

I don’t know about David King overall, but he is responsible for some of the most misguided analytical comments I have come across in footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was suggesting getting rid of people like Martin Rance Cotchin and Riewoldt and maybe others as well. In the event our main focus was on trading players in not trading them out. We traded in two proven players Caddy and Prestia and one player in Nankervis who was ready to play regular AFL, and of course we went on to make King’s comments look even more foolish than they sounded at the time.

When I heard King say Richmond and Carlton had the worst two lists in the comp in 2016 I nearly fell over laughing. We had just finished 5th 8th 5th and our best players remained relatively young. I wish I had a link to the footage of his diatribe to offer here, it was idiotic what he said.

13 of the players on our list in 2016 have played in two flags, so far. Another 7 have played in one premiership with us. There were I think 8 players on the list in 2016 who were already All Australians or went on to be All Australians.

I don’t know about David King overall, but he is responsible for some of the most misguided analytical comments I have come across in footy.
Well that's just stupid suggesting we trade out Dusty and co, King wouldn't be out of place in the Vic government with his wild idiotic suggestions.

Just watched a piece with Cornes having a pure dummy spit

we are the poorest behaving successful side he's seen , Geelong & Hawks were fine

I was just laughing as I watched , was he believing what he was saying or just saying stuff to get clicks

the thread of what he was saying was important for us to be mindful of
if we get big headed the premierships will dry up and we dont want that any time soon

we are the poorest behaving successful side he's seen , Geelong & Hawks were fine

I was just laughing as I watched , was he believing what he was saying or just saying stuff to get clicks

if we get big headed the premierships will dry up and we dont want that any time soon
Surely he doesn't need reminding of Steve Johnson and his indiscretions?
Did he forget about Stokes trafficking cocaine?
Hodge drink-driving was way worse than what our boys have done.

Surely he doesn't need reminding of Steve Johnson and his indiscretions?
Did he forget about Stokes trafficking cocaine?
Hodge drink-driving was way worse than what our boys have done.

How quickly they forget!
I can’t believe the drivel I’m hearing from the media, apart from the Stack and CCJ balls up, everything else has been ridiculous and not even worthy of news. Same with the Lynch stuff, it's not like hes king hitting anyone or even elbowing people 3 weeks in a row like Ablett did, they were a couple of body blows and a head shove, let me say it again a shove

How quickly they forget!
I can’t believe the drivel I’m hearing from the media, apart from the Stack and CCJ balls up, everything else has been ridiculous and not even worthy of news. Same with the Lynch stuff, it's not like hes king hitting anyone or even elbowing people 3 weeks in a row like Ablett did, they were a couple of body blows and a head shove, let me say it again a shove
Totally this.

It's like the footy media have set out on a campaign to demonise the club in some bizarre form of tall poppy syndrome. Seriously, a couple of blokes playing grab-ass in the team song, Dimma lamenting a poor match against the Swans by showing frustration at flooding tactics, or sticking up for one of his players who'd been labelled weak by one of his former opponents who should know better given his own mental problems, and the wife of a player using a day spa before quarantine period had elapsed. Not to mention the ridiculous crusade against Lynch for a few pissy little love taps, which was just straight out media bullying.

Nobody's excusing Stack or CCJ - they've copped their right (and very severe) whack - but apart from that there's really nothing of any concern at all, given everything that could've gone wrong in these exceptional circumstances.

How quickly they forget!
I still remember "Judge Gerard" during the Ablett saga actively defending him..... Those actions were far worse than anything Lynch did

I still remember "Judge Gerard" during the Ablett saga actively defending him..... Those actions were far worse than anything Lynch did

**** i wanted to punch him through-out that saga

defending elbows to players heads with that whiny "oh but he was just defendinggg himself robbo, its gazzzaaaaa, hes so fairrrr"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back