Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:
There are only two years where it can be said for certain they couldn't win the flag because of sanctions. 2013 and 2016.

In 2013 they were removed from playing finals. However, from memory based on the ladder at the time I think they finished 8th and Carlton took their place because they finished 9th. Finishing 8th is hardly in a position to claim to likely win the flag.

In 2016 pretty much half their list was suspended for the year.

It is harder to quantify the impact psychologically/motivation. In 2014 they were still motivated enough to make the finals (and got knocked out straight away), in 2015 they were just a very poor side.

All in all I think the saga did affect them, but even without the saga I doubt they would have been able to take the premiership from the better sides at the time and more than likely to have just been making up the numbers in the finals.

Richmond would have smashed them.

In thr Carlton-tigers final, year

Kind of use to The Druggos and Carlton being rubbish feels good. Hate to say it as much as I hate Carlton and Collingwood there is a always a greater deal of satisfaction for me in beating the druggos. Maybe it's the sheeds thing or Lloyd headbutting Gasper, but I just hate them
I pity them more than hate I find

Yep
Kind of use to The Druggos and Carlton being rubbish feels good. Hate to say it as much as I hate Carlton and Collingwood there is a always a greater deal of satisfaction for me in beating the druggos. Maybe it's the sheeds thing or Lloyd headbutting Gasper, but I just hate them

i also dislike the druggies more than collingwood which seems to be the minority position

Last edited:
The best part about it is their list looked pretty good.

All they had to do was not be drug cheats

I think Brendon is getting carrying away. No sure thing to win a final
I personally had never rated them during that time & still don't now. Thier issue for many yrs now has they don't play a full season, they either come out firing as they did around that time & fall in a heap after the bye or they start slow & finish strong. Even if they made the 8 they don't have another gear to compete with the big boys. Not only have they not won a Final for many yrs they also have never made the Finals 2 yrs in a row in that time...

It's also the fact that while we were rubbish thier supporters were the best at reminding us about it. I worked with a bloke during the Hird Coaching era & when they signed him he told anyone that would listen it was the best Coaching panel ever assembled etc & was more than happy to tell me we were going nowhere etc. Now everything they'd say about us is now reflected on them. Now the shoe is on the other foot they don't like it.

It's also the fact that while we were rubbish thier supporters were the best at reminding us about it. I worked with a bloke during the Hird Coaching era & when they signed him he told anyone that would listen it was the best Coaching panel ever assembled etc & was more than happy to tell me we were going nowhere etc. Now everything they'd say about us is now reflected on them. Now the shoe is on the other foot they don't like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overtaken Geelong as the major exporter of salt

View attachment 893589
The bit the West Aussies never comprehend is that where the money comes from in WA is not where the population is.
If they follow their own argument, the Pilbara, Goldfields and Kimberley should secede and Perth would be left with... nothing but sand.

The bit the West Aussies never comprehend is that where the money comes from in WA is not where the population is.
If they follow their own argument, the Pilbara, Goldfields and Kimberley should secede and Perth would be left with... nothing but sand.
Newspaper proprietors with vested interests in mining. Not much of the profits would be taxed.

Last edited:
I personally had never rated them during that time & still don't now. Thier issue for many yrs now has they don't play a full season, they either come out firing as they did around that time & fall in a heap after the bye or they start slow & finish strong. Even if they made the 8 they don't have another gear to compete with the big boys. Not only have they not won a Final for many yrs they also have never made the Finals 2 yrs in a row in that time...

They were famous for bursting out of the gates and then collapsing in that era.

Lost their last 7 by an average of 51 points in 2012 after an 11-4 start
Lost 5/6 by an average margin of 50 odd to close out 2013 after a 13-3 start
Finished 6-16 after a 4-4 start in 2015

Yep - played the Granny in March then died off September. The Vic version of West Coast - been sucked off by the media for years and done **** all.

In '12 they started 8-2 or something like that, then as u say 11-4, takes a special effort to miss the 8 from there but they managed it. Someone i know was even posting the ladder each week on Facebook but that stopped once the losses started mounting up. That was also the yr they had 44 odd soft tissue injuries & we all know what that season was. Funny how with all the reporting of that saga over 3+ yrs that fact was never mentioned once....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back