Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Brouch stays fit, no doubt he's a keeper. He's a scoring machine when fit.
Big risk is injury again but what the hell, I'm a sucker for a high risk/reward type.

A lot of tempting mid pricers this year.
His problem has been a failure to get thru a full PS & start seasons on a high ......just keep an eye on Brouch, it'll be an easy choice if he lines up R1 & a decent PS behind him

Not sure I can run with all of Blakely, Williams and Roberton in my backline. Can see the attractions, but personally I'm just not comfortable having all three of them.

In my Grundy/Goldy team I have this backline:

1546557707272.png

In my Grundy/Gawn backline I have Laird/Blakely/Witherden/Rookies.

Mids/Forwards remain pretty much the same. It likely comes down to available rookies for me. As much as I want to start with Grundy/Gawn, if there aren't enough rookies down back, I think I will run with Grundy/Goldy (or McEvoy).

Not sure I can run with all of Blakely, Williams and Roberton in my backline. Can see the attractions, but personally I'm just not comfortable having all three of them.

In my Grundy/Goldy team I have this backline:

View attachment 601139

In my Grundy/Gawn backline I have Laird/Blakely/Witherden/Rookies.

Mids/Forwards remain pretty much the same. It likely comes down to available rookies for me. As much as I want to start with Grundy/Gawn, if there aren't enough rookies down back, I think I will run with Grundy/Goldy (or McEvoy).
Think we're all waiting now to see which Rookies burst from the pack ......I've still retained Birchall at D4 , waiting on whether he gets up for R1 ....given the op was pre-Christmas, I'm hoping he does

The question ATS is ....will I be running 3 Rookies on field, in DEF or FWD ? .......last year there was a lot of FWD Rookies to choose from, but we had 2-3 DEF Rookies that we could count on most of the season

I do like a mid-pricer though at D4 ....who that will be :think:

Think we're all waiting now to see which Rookies burst from the pack ......I've still retained Birchall at D4 , waiting on whether he gets up for R1 ....given the op was pre-Christmas, I'm hoping he does

The question ATS is ....will I be running 3 Rookies on field, in DEF or FWD ? .......last year there was a lot of FWD Rookies to choose from, but we had 2-3 DEF Rookies that we could count on most of the season

I do like a mid-pricer though at D4 ....who that will be :think:
Yeah, for sure.

Being a Taswegian, I'd love Birchall to get back playing, and will seriously consider him if he is ready to go Rd 1. At $205K, what would he need to average to make him a worthwhile SC pick?

Yeah, for sure.

Being a Taswegian, I'd love Birchall to get back playing, and will seriously consider him if he is ready to go Rd 1. At $205K, what would he need to average to make him a worthwhile SC pick?
If he can average in the mid 80's he'd be a lock ......but the more important aspect for me would be his reliability (hopefully) at being picked and not churning out 35 scores

It's a similar thought process with Roberton

Welcome back ......excellent first up effort !

Your structure is very similar to mine, excepting I have an extra mid ......basically because I have Greene at D3 versus your Dunkley

One of the better setups IMO ;)

Seems more difficult this year after a quick look. Would really like Scilliy and Lloyd in the team but not sure how I can do it without dropping a premium mid and running 4 rookies in the mids.

Early days, missing the footy season.

Welcome back ......excellent first up effort !

Your structure is very similar to mine, excepting I have an extra mid ......basically because I have Greene at D3 versus your Dunkley

One of the better setups IMO ;)
I also have Greene at F3 and am running with only 2 rookie mids. Our teams must be similar!

I also have Greene at F3 and am running with only 2 rookie mids. Our teams must be similar!
Yep .....one of the Rookie mids is Bennell ......running Sicily, Whitfield, Williams, Birchall / Roberton in DEF

And of course Grundy / Gawn

Yep .....one of the Rookie mids is Bennell ......running Sicily, Whitfield, Williams, Birchall / Roberton in DEF

And of course Grundy / Gawn
Sicily over Laird.

Really?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily over Laird.

Really?
Yep .....IMO priced at his Max .....want to see what effect the new kick-out rules & Smith's return has ......will definitely be #1 upgrade target

Ave difference Laird to Sicily was 3 ppg ......and IMHO Sicily still has considerable upside

Yep .....IMO priced at his Max .....want to see what effect the new kick-out rules & Smith's return has ......will definitely be #1 upgrade target

Ave difference Laird to Sicily was 3 ppg ......and IMHO Sicily still has considerable upside
Fair enough.

My counter argument would be that Sicily has never been priced this high, thus being overpriced himself. Then there’s the brain farts.

Fair enough.

My counter argument would be that Sicily has never been priced this high, thus being overpriced himself. Then there’s the brain farts.
I think he's learning about the brain farts .....there was an article a few weeks ago, where he was pretty tough on himself

With the new kickout rules, expect him to take even more ......albeit he was the #1 kicker for the Hawks last year anyway

I can see your POV .....i';ve just seen continual growth in his SC average ......it'll be interesting where his ceiling is ....if Birchall comes back, does that impact Sicily as well

But surely Lloyd can't repeat last year's average ......and his price is ridiculous

I've given myself a luxury choice this year of 1 mid-price gamble on each line.

View attachment 601291

Really, you only have 1 mid-pricer in Miles .....Green & Roberton are fallen premiums

It's a different side to most .....but it's showed you've gone with your own thought ......good stuff ;)

Really, you only have 1 mid-pricer in Miles .....Green & Roberton are fallen premiums

It's a different side to most .....but it's showed you've gone with your own thought ......good stuff ;)
Yeah, i generally go GnR, but i'm hoping that a couple of mid-price players pay off, maybe for a POD effect, something different for me anyway.

Yeah, i generally go GnR, but i'm hoping that a couple of mid-price players pay off, maybe for a POD effect, something different for me anyway.
Your midfield, DEF & FWD Premiums are good selections ........Overlooked Laird & Heeney, which is ballsy, but hey it still looks great

Hold my beer
Ok. Now stay with me here.

This team is the best team ive made because it has Grundy and Gawn in it.

Screenshot_20190104-205223__01.jpg Screenshot_20190104-205335__01.jpg

In defense.
Ive got Cox Cumming.
A Hore for the after party.
Butts (Butler wanna be)
Maibaum. Its mine not yours. And yes its real and its spectacular.
Sholl cos it rhymes with the great one.
Eagles. Cos they rule.
Pittard on the bench just to piss off stevebbb

Midfield is stacked. I tried to squeeze Barrass in at M1 but he's too good to be a midfielder.
Danger is a better mid than a forward so he gets a gig in my midfield cos I like to win.
Isn't that right Chris you muppet...
Gaff is there to keep all the other campaigners in line. Word has it he wears Brayshaws teeth on a chain around his neck set in gold under the words MAD DOG.
Brayshaw is in there for motivation for Gaff to pull his head in as the campaigner owes me for missing the first two weeks.
Swallow is in there twice because he gonna be busy with all the Bonars and Cox around
Bennell is still good, hes still good
Gaz is in just as a thankyou for years of SP service
Shuey gets a gig for winning us a flag. Bless his cotton socks.
Hanners is in there so I know there will always be beer in the fridge.
Rockliff hasn't burnt me enough yet so we go round again.

Rucks
Set and forget.
50k coming my way.

Forward line.
Billings. I tried making him my F1 but SC is smart and knows better than to let me do that.
Woodcock or Cox Nutting in the Pink?
Hogan cos lol freo
Robinson. Token Ranga.
M.Chol. The great one. Leader of this team by locker room comparison.

Welcome any thoughts please kents.

View attachment 601376View attachment 601377

In defense.
Ive got Cox Cumming.
Butts (Butler wanna be)
Eagles. Cos they rule.

Midfield is stacked. I tried to squeeze Barrass in at M1 but he's to good to be a midfielder.
Danger is a better mid than a forward so he gets a gig in my midfield cos I like to win.
Gaff is there to keep all the other campaigners in line. Word has it he wears Brayshaws teeth on a chain around his neck set in gold under the words MAD DOG.
Brayshaw is in there for motivation for Gaff to pull his head in as the campaigner owes me for missing the first two weeks.
Swallow is in there twice because he gonna be busy with all the Bonars and Cox around
Bennell is still good hes still good
Gaz is in just as a thankyou for years on SP service

Rucks
Set and forget.
50k coming my way.

Forward line.
Billings. I tried making him my F1 but SC is smart and knows better than to let me do that.
Hogan cos lol freo
Robinson. Token Ranga.

Shit team .....how could you leave Hibberd out .....apart from that ..

View attachment 601376View attachment 601377

In defense.
Ive got Cox Cumming.
Butts (Butler wanna be)
Eagles. Cos they rule.

Midfield is stacked. I tried to squeeze Barrass in at M1 but he's too good to be a midfielder.
Bennell is still good, hes still good
Gaz is in just as a thankyou for years of SP service

Rucks
Set and forget.
50k coming my way.

Forward line.
Hogan cos lol freo
Robinson. Token Ranga.

6F882C1B-AF7A-431D-B17E-6CD8C8105102.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back