Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts?

Probably going to cop a fair bit o stick for the Longer pick but he is more there to potentially gain some coin before I see what effect there is on Gawn or see if any other rucks rear their ugly mugs.

Think Witherden and Ryan can both up their averages and be in/around that top 6 with the new kick in rule.

Acres is fairly speculative but started with a bang last year before injury hit and I think he is a ripper player so hopefully transitions into supercoach scores this year with Saints fairly easy draw

Have about 200k left and not sure where to put it outside of upgrading Longer I suppose

View attachment 615832
Personally I'd drop Acres for either Wingard or Sexy Robbie.

Interesting that someone has the balls to select Billy L, but if he's the clear no.1 Ruck option at StK then I say go for it...it's not like he can sink any lower.

Interesting that someone has the balls to select Billy L, but if he's the clear no.1 Ruck option at StK then I say go for it...it's not like he can sink any lower.

Longer was an awful scorer when he played as a sole ruck in the past, what's changed now?

Longer was an awful scorer when he played as a sole ruck in the past, what's changed now?
Yeah look not sure I actually have the balls ot go through with it. Just don't like that second ruck spot and trying to think of all the ways and players under the sun that I can put there instead of Gawn

Yeah look not sure I actually have the balls ot go through with it. Just don't like that second ruck spot and trying to think of all the ways and players under the sun that I can put there instead of Gawn

Goldy or stef, If you are doubting gawn. You will be bleeding points every week with longer while Goldy and Stef could go up alot in price if they start well.

78 average from your R2 is worse than terrible. Would be an acceptable E score from an R3 though.
I didn't articulate earlier, I don't think Longer would be the worst R2 option under $300K if he used purely as a stepping stone to upgrade later on.

Last season many people chose Scott Lycett as their R2 option to start the season, he ended up averaging 81. I think most of those who went that route upgraded Lycett when it was convenient.

My comment was also abit tongue in cheek, thus the "it's not like he can sink any lower" comment.

However, I'd never seriously consider taking that route.

I didn't articulate earlier, I don't think Longer would be the worst R2 option under $300K if he used purely as a stepping stone to upgrade later on.

Last season many people chose Scott Lycett as their R2 option to start the season, he ended up averaging 81. I think most of those who went that route upgraded Lycett when it was convenient.

My comment was also abit tongue in cheek, thus the "it's not like he can sink any lower" comment.

However, I'd never seriously consider taking that route.

Gotcha. Yeh, I've never even considered starting with an R2 that I thought wouldn't be a top3 ruck at the end of the year. Yet it's still the position where I've always burned multiple trades. :$

Gotcha. Yeh, I've never even considered starting with an R2 that I thought wouldn't be a top3 ruck at the end of the year. Yet it's still the position where I've always burned multiple trades. :$
The 180k we made from LyJETT came in pretty handy, and finishing 1774 was more than adequate.
Wouldn't go with that strategy unless you are really confident in your Ruck choice and his natural improvement.
Good luck.

This is my first attempt at a team (first time playing). Spent a couple of hours reading bigfooty and news articles while creating it. Do you guys see any really obvious mistakes?. I kept running out of salary cap at the end so had to prioritise rucks vs forwards (Went for the rucks in the end which has left my forward line looking a bit weak). Any suggestions would be much appreciated. cheers!

supercoach1.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my first attempt at a team (first time playing). Spent a couple of hours reading bigfooty and news articles while creating it. Do you guys see any really obvious mistakes?. I kept running out of salary cap at the end so had to prioritise rucks vs forwards (Went for the rucks in the end which has left my forward line looking a bit weak). Any suggestions would be much appreciated. cheers!

View attachment 615909
I'd trade out 1 of Crouch or Miles for a rookie (W.Hayes maybe) so that you can upgrade your F3 mate.

Besides that, good team. :thumbsu:

View attachment 615914View attachment 615916
First crack at my team.
$100,000 left over
Thoughts/opinions/changes?
Some of your Premos selections might bite you in the arse later on.

Stef, Goldstein, Zerrett, Brayshaw, & Crisp are all premos who at this stage might struggle to be in the top scorers in their positions by seasons end. I'm not saying you should upgrade all of them, but you might want to consider upgrading your midfield a tad.

Thoughts?

Probably going to cop a fair bit o stick for the Longer pick but he is more there to potentially gain some coin before I see what effect there is on Gawn or see if any other rucks rear their ugly mugs.

Think Witherden and Ryan can both up their averages and be in/around that top 6 with the new kick in rule.

Acres is fairly speculative but started with a bang last year before injury hit and I think he is a ripper player so hopefully transitions into supercoach scores this year with Saints fairly easy draw

Have about 200k left and not sure where to put it outside of upgrading Longer I suppose

View attachment 615832
I'm new to SC so don't blame me if things **** up......but with that extra moolah I'd move Setters to Fwd and add Walsh to Mids....still leaves you with a reasonable wad

Thanks guys for your feedback, I've changed it slightly and will go with this until JLT
A few things to consider:
  • Goldy vs Hoff
  • Libba & Green vs Premium & Rookies (but, I tend to be more mid-pricers centric)

Team - V2a.png

Thanks guys for your feedback, I've changed it slightly and will go with this until JLT
A few things to consider:
  • Goldy vs Hoff
  • Libba & Green vs Premium & Rookies (but, I tend to be more mid-pricers centric)

View attachment 615986
I'd consider trading Cousins > Will Hayes, Burgess > Wilkie, otherwise a solid team.

Not much left in the bank.
Few different mids with Treloar/Bont. Thoughts?
View attachment 616071

Nice. I like the Treloar pick. I'd take Gresh before Billings up forward though personally. Cheaper and seems like he's on the precipice of a breakout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back