News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, some absolute rubbish.

Unfortunately can't do anything about the negativity unless it's personal and lately this has been a far too common theme.

Have dealt with the personal attacks and removed posts in this thread over the last 24 hours of a personal nature.

Personally beginning to feel like I can't be bothered posting here anymore. Just moderate the board and write the preview. Too much negativity on here lately and it doesn't help with snide comments or baiting 'likes' from one user to another. I think I am entitled to voice my opinion and call something out if I don't agree with it without getting the 'but you're a moderator' tripe. As long as it's not personal it's fair game.

Ah well. Moving on.

Just don’t get so emotionally invested & you will enjoy posting again George. We all have similar views to some, opposing to others & in between & perfectly balanced like my own. :moustache:

The trick is not to get upset just because someone disagrees with you even if you think it’s overly negative. Really, who cares as long as it’s within the forum rules?

Argue your point without getting personal & too emotionally invested. Really simple stuff & I’m not trying to tell you how to suck eggs. This is directed at everyone & also a reminder to myself cos we all slip up.

Finally, if there’s a poster that really grinds your gears & makes you act out of character, put the campaigner on ignore. It’s the best thing since sliced bread that feature is. It serves a purpose of improving your own satisfaction of the forum but also for other users. Others don’t won’t to read through page after page of a few posters constantly arguing & playing the man instead of discussing footy.

Anyway, I’ve got first round in the disco tonight.

Why has Richo’s Friday news conference not been up on the web page the last 2 weeks? There were articles discussing what he said but no video?

Yeah I get that. This stuff happens every year. We shouldn't be surprised. Just the thinking that the club will automatically stuff it up is funny to me.

They have form of not being the best run unit over a long period. I think it would be crazy to have blind faith myself. This new lot might have a bit more ability but over my time following the Saints it's been more luck than management that has got us by. Growing up in the 80s was like following the Washington Generals, apart from 2 good streaks where we came close it's been more an exercise in toughing out the bad times than glory. We have earned the right to disrespect our own administrators. I hope we are on the right path but not going to go early this time.

They have form of not being the best run unit over a long period. I think it would be crazy to have blind faith myself. This new lot might have a bit more ability but over my time following the Saints it's been more luck than management that has got us by. Growing up in the 80s was like following the Washington Generals, apart from 2 good streaks where we came close it's been more an exercise in toughing out the bad times than glory. We have earned the right to disrespect our own administrators. I hope we are on the right path but not going to go early this time.

Also, its a coping mechanism as well. Too many years of disappointment. I dont expect much anymore, that way if things go bad, it wont be a big deal. If it goes well, its a pleasant surprise.

Anyway, no more serious talk. Here's something positive the club has done today.

The way we engage with sick and other disadvantaged members of society is a credit to everyone at the club. Just warms my heart to know that our club is at the forefront of many such initiatives.

D6ziFVSUIAAvr5j.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do it! Hopefully Paddy and the club have enough info now to evaluate the amount of danger continuing to play contact sports would pose to his long term health and can make arrangements.

I did hear this afternoon that Paddy is still experiencing the symptoms from concussion.

That's a massive concern for his medium to long term health.

I did hear this afternoon that Paddy is still experiencing the symptoms from concussion.

That's a massive concern for his medium to long term health.
I heard that Chris Liberatore is gaslighting Paddy, going round asking him if he's ok, making out that Paddy was unconscious for 2 minutes every time he blinks so that he volunteers for the LTI list and gets Libba to the table.

In bad taste?

Fitness is such a weird thing. Once you've actually spent years being fit it seems much easier to regain after time off.

He trained during the pre-season, before they realized his problems were worse.

Just had to slow down and ramp it up again is the impression i got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back