2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

My observations from three training sessions and comparing what he used to be
Thanx for responding. We'll see how he goes when the season starts. He could be running wihin himself deliberately or he could have lost pace because of injury. Thought he looked quick today, but ive only seen him training once and when I observed him running quickly I was on the other side of the oval. to where he was running. Cheers for your observations.

Thanx for responding. We'll see how he goes when the season starts. He could be running wihin himself deliberately or he could have lost pace because of injury. Thought he looked quick today, but ive only seen him training once and when I observed him running quickly I was on the other side of the oval. to where he was running. Cheers for your observations.

Welcome.
I don't see it as an issue really. He makes up for it in game smarts and other skills anyway IMO, and his ball skills are still first rate

Thanks for sharing. That’s a really interesting insight from within the club. Nice to know that they’re aiming high and feeling upbeat. If you can’t be a little positive in early December after a successful offseason of trading then when can you be!?

Very jealous of you getting to speak to RTB himself!
‘Twas an interesting experience. I represent the minority in being a big Ross fan already however, I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed and gentle his nature is. He’s obviously fiercely competitive and loyal to his players. Especially when constantly having to defend against twits like Hardie and crumpet (to name a couple of many). Also found it funny that he had a personal bouncer/bodyguard on his way out. Probably to keep him safe from Brad Hardie who was seen putting his Brownlow on red later that evening.

Interesting that Fyfe said Bewley is ready for AFL and expect to see him early on in the season. He must be impressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yesterday in the match sim Bewley played on Fyfe. At one point Bewley blew Fyfe up by running hard and then doing a great second effort to get the ball on the other side of the field. He also impressed by keeping up with Fyfe when Fyfe's team had the ball. Possibly a better inside player then his reputation as he did well in clearance work against senior players on Wednesday.
His hard running is well known by many, but he also looks quick. One training watcher said his run down of B.Hill that was mentioned here surprised everyone present (in a positibve way). Looks a beauty.

But but Kim Hackface told me that he saw Jessie training and he was totally hobbling and no chance of playing for half the year and Freo are hiding it.

Who to believe, the actually person or a muppet??

The 'hobble' is just his natural gait.

Ross led a great tribute to Liam last night at the gala ball. He lobbied for the ties Liam has designed at Christchurch to be the official club tie and Dale gave it the thumbs up. RTB was genuinely stoked for the kid.
I have wonder if Freo could sponsor scholarships for the NGA lads from up North, so they all go to the same school and get high quality schooling.

That may be - but you mentioned the club giving our NGA boys a quality education :p

I wouldn't call Aquinas quality

I wouldn't send my son there when he's old enough even with a scholarship

Religion is brainwashing and false. They don't learn respect for women. Sexism and racism is very present.

Teachers are slightly above average and plenty of other high schools have higher standards.

They are very strong at sport though

I wouldn't call Aquinas quality

I wouldn't send my son there when he's old enough even with a scholarship

Religion is brainwashing and false. They don't learn respect for women. Sexism and racism is very present.

Teachers are slightly above average and plenty of other high schools have higher standards.

They are very strong at sport though

You have some very strong biases there jedi :p I grew up in a strongly catholic household and it hasn't stopped me from seeing the world as it is and making my own choices in what I believe :)

I was being tongue in cheek with Dave :p (as an ex-Aquinian myself)

For what it's worth - most of my friends at school were migrants, most from asia. My best friend (and token aussie in our group) is gay. And I run a business now where most of our team are female and we push hard to not have gender even a talking point when it comes to equity and equality in business.

So yeah - I do take a little offense at your sweeping statements there because my experiences weren't even close to what you describe ;)

I find it's way too easy for people these days to do what you just did and apply a label and make it stick. As a teacher yourself, I do expect a higher standard of leadership

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have some very strong biases there jedi :p I grew up in a strongly catholic household and it hasn't stopped me from seeing the world as it is and making my own choices in what I believe :)

I was being tongue in cheek with Dave :p (as an ex-Aquinian myself)

For what it's worth - most of my friends at school were migrants, most from asia. My best friend (and token aussie our group) is gay. And I run a business now where most of our team are female and we push hard to not have gender even a talking point when it comes to equity and equality in business.

So yeah - I do take a little offense at your sweeping statements there because my experiences weren't even close to what you describe ;)

I find it's way too easy for people these days to do what you just did and apply a label and make it stick. As a teacher yourself, I do expect a higher standard of leadership

I don't care for religion

Not every student at Aquinas is the way I described but unfortunately most are. I've seen it with my own eyes

I don't see what people's views on religion has to do with our preseason. Unless of course it's the Gospel of Fyfe.

And as a Girrawheen High alumni, I know there's much worse schools we could send the NGV kids to than Aquinas.

And as a Girrawheen High alumni, I know there's much worse schools we could send the NGV kids to than Aquinas.
True. But I don't think we'll send them to Wesley.

If we want them to have "instincts" we should be hooking them up at public high school in the Eastern suburbs :D Dodging fists and other weapons is elite agility training.

I don't see what people's views on religion has to do with our preseason. Unless of course it's the Gospel of Fyfe.

I swear there was a religion debate another pre-season. Getting hints of deja vu :p Unless it was a debate on something else equally non-football lol

He just gets worse.

Australia will bat big and put India to the sword. One prob ole Crumpets we can’t bat for s*#t. Get me on the crappy 5min 7:55am time slot and I’ll give PR listeners some decent sports info and nothing made up just to boot. I’ll even throw in a few Basil jokes for good times free of charge.

Also no comment about his big story brewing on BHill’s soft tissue injury. Wants an inquiry into why Freo kept them in the dark on his brother SHill. Little chance they’d be telling you crumpets what is happening with injuries and modified training.

I’ll take up the option to cry now and flush out my bleeding ears.

Hackdorn has legit turned me from a person who listens to 6PR every morning on the drive to work to a person that tunes into the Grin Reapers or JRE podcast on the way in instead. His bullshit used to rile me up, since switching to the podcasts I've been much happier. Thanks for the memories 6PR and **** you very much Crumpets

d

Does it help that my faith in god is starting to come back every time Logue, Bennell and Hogan get through preseason training sessions unscathed?

Got some friends who send their kids to Aquinas. They are wrapt with the school, particularly with the pastrol care emphasis that is a relatively new initiative. Sometimes places change for the better. Meanwhile, Liam Henry does look super exciting in training this week. I know he was listed at 179cm last year when his profile first came out. He'd have to be a least 185cm now. If anyone remembers a young Stephen Koops. He has a similar build (of a young Koops) and moves like him in my opinion. Koops was a super talented player, who unfortunately was cut down by injury. Could have been anything.

Last edited:
True. But I don't think we'll send them to Wesley.

If we want them to have "instincts" we should be hooking them up at public high school in the Eastern suburbs :D Dodging fists and other weapons is elite agility training.

Sounds like Cannington Senior High School back in the day - throw in some aerobic training outrunning the cops and angry mobs in in Northbridge.

I was fanboying hard last night.

Lee Spurr was telling me how impressed everyone is with Bewley. Apparently he has one of the best bench-presses to body weight ratios the club has ever seen, has an amazing tank and could be the best kick in the club. Spurry was frothing over him and reckons he’ll play round 1 and keep his number alive.
Hogan told me he should be fully training after Xmas, it will mostly be fitness and conditioning to get back up to speed.
Valente is an absolute ripper of a young man.
Had a chat to RTB who said there is genuine excitement in what the group can achieve. He was somewhat surprised by my positivity and said it mirrored the feeling inside the four walls but he is sick of the outside negativity. He said they’re very keen to walk the walk and change the perception of the club. He acknowledged he cops a lot of flack however, he said he couldn’t try any harder than he is to achieve this rebuild in the way the board has chosen.
Reckons Lobb is the big piece in the puzzle of changing the structure. Said if they are injury-free they are aiming high.

You didn't happen to ask him if they're doing anything different to try reduce the amount of injuries?

You didn't happen to ask him if they're doing anything different to try reduce the amount of injuries?

I haven’t followed the preseason as close as most on here. For those experienced railbirds does it seem like more guys on a special workout plan this early in the season? Maybe they’re trying to reduce the stress on some of the players’ bodies?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back