List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
On personal level I hope Brown gets going and plays a good career at Melbourne. At a club level I hope he kicks 1 goal for every 10 behinds for the rest of his career.

One is 28 with a bung knee and the other is 22 with his career ahead of him.

One has performed at elite level, one was unwanted.

Let's see who wins first mate but yes I don't disagree in why we did it. (despite my bias)

How dare another club pick up a beloved player that was tossed out on the curb like a Maccas wrapper.

He wasn't tossed out by those posters. There are still people that complain North delisted Boomer, there's no reason not to think Brown's fans (of which there were many) are sincere.

i still think we should have just kept our first pick that year in reference to this thread- take serong or even flanders and have a year of development into them

the only way i feel we would have come up with a great outcome was if dees finished bottom 6

People are pretty excited about Perez and Powell but if I was able to choose Serong after the fact instead I would.

Not sure about Flanders, not so much him but we have plenty half forward who can roll through the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i still think we should have just kept our first pick that year in reference to this thread- take serong or even flanders and have a year of development into them

the only way i feel we would have come up with a great outcome was if dees finished bottom 6

Every chance that Powell ends up better then those 2 + we got Comben, Mahoney & Perez in 2019.

Applying hindsight to pick swaps in isolation is silly this early imo. There’s also every chance we wouldn’t have even taken those 2 with pick 8 last year if we kept it.

He wasn't tossed out by those posters. There are still people that complain North delisted Boomer, there's no reason not to think Brown's fans (of which there were many) are sincere.

Firrito deserved another year.

We missed him badly down back.

Boomer maybe.

Petrie cooked and the scared St Kilda guy who cares

Every chance that Powell ends up better then those 2 + we got Comben, Mahoney & Perez in 2019.

Applying hindsight to pick swaps in isolation is silly this early imo. There’s also every chance we wouldn’t have even taken those 2 with pick 8 last year if we kept it.

In a sliding doors world we might be looking back at the failed pick swap trade thinking enviously gee, Powell is a good get for Melbourne but hoping for the best for Serong's second game in 2021. We just don't know, Serong had a dream run with Freo last year in a spot with little competition and we were far from the best incubation club last year. Or he would have won matches off his own boot, who knows. Circumstance is circumstance.

Firrito deserved another year.

We missed him badly down back.

Boomer maybe.

Petrie cooked and the scared St Kilda guy who cares

I'm not reopening the wounds of the people that disagreed, just making a point people can still love a player that isn't on our list.

I would like some confirmation of this claim please, as I've seen it said a few times on this board. Is there proper proof that Ben turned down a three year deal?
Yes. I can't give you recordings etc but it happened.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firrito could have easily played on (as could thompson) but he was right to be moved on. We had youth that needed game time. Unfortunately for us they all decided to pick up long term injuried one after the other.

Boomer on the other hand. We had barely any pace, zero creativity, minimal threat inside 50, and had nothing but hail mary kicks inside 50. I'm over it but i would have bet the house on him kicking 40+ as a small forward for 2 more years. He prob still could.
Are you really over it?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Do you want the lotto numbers before the draw as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back