2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I asked a question about which academy picks we are taking with lake Prescud and Gore a chance..
Twomey was under the impression we’ll be taking Davies Jefferys and one other.. then rambled on about lists spots..
so no real update.

6.20min mark

I asked a question about which academy picks we are taking with lake Prescud and Gore a chance..
Twomey was under the impression we’ll be taking Davies Jefferys and one other.. then rambled on about lists spots..
so no real update.

6.20min mark

I watched. It didn't seem to me that he knew very much.

I watched. It didn't seem to me that he knew very much.

Think things may have changed with the rotations being cut from 90 to 75 so we may be focusing on stamina at little more , 2km times may become more important than 20 metre times. With 50 spots cant see why we cant take all three if we feel they can make a difference in 2021. With the wage cuts for
first year players they will be on peanuts anyway

Think things may have changed with the rotations being cut from 90 to 75 so we may be focusing on stamina at little more , 2km times may become more important than 20 metre times. With 50 spots cant see why we cant take all three if we feel they can make a difference in 2021. With the wage cuts for
first year players they will be on peanuts anyway
With 3 weeks til the draft, surely they announce the pre-listing soon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think with the new rotations reductions it may make it more difficult for Harbrow to complete, would be best for him to retire, give a kid as chance and be remembered as the champion he was. His best work will be done off the field now
That would have been wise, but feels like they'll give him this last season; even if its not playing all games, so he goes out on his own terms and gets a farewell game.

Considering that SUNS will pre-list possibly 2 midfielders in Davies and Lake, Reid/Chapman could be our target indeed.

I think Thilthorpe slips through to your Pick at 5. By the sounds of it some clubs, such as Sydney, sound like they’re a bit iffy about his injuries towards the end of the season, particularly pubic stress (not sure if that’s OP?)

Do you think GC would pick him up, trade out, split the pick? Was thinking if you’re still looking to only take one pick to the Draft, you might trade down to Crows Pick 9 plus our 2021 2nd for Pick 5, or something along the lines of that.

If you’re looking for a quality tall, or mid, there should still be good players at Pick 9.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Would absolutely not do that trade. For your 2021 first maybe, but would love Thilthorpe alongside King
I think Thilthorpe slips through to your Pick at 5. By the sounds of it some clubs, such as Sydney, sound like they’re a bit iffy about his injuries towards the end of the season, particularly pubic stress (not sure if that’s OP?)

Do you think GC would pick him up, trade out, split the pick? Was thinking if you’re still looking to only take one pick to the Draft, you might trade down to Crows Pick 9 plus our 2021 2nd for Pick 5, or something along the lines of that.

If you’re looking for a quality tall, or mid, there should still be good players at Pick 9.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure base rookie wage is not part of TPP. Anything above (like e.g. rest of Murdoch salary if we demote him) is part of TPP.

I am pretty sure SUNS would be very happy if Thilthorpe is still there at pick 5 and would prefer him over Phillips. He would fit the need while SUNS have already got enough midfielders. Only trade up for SUNS this draft. SUNS will probably use only one pick.

Last edited:

So pick 9 and potentially pick 20 at best for 5... seems to good to be true. Suns would only trade down if there was a benefit unless it’a with West Coast

Thilthorpe would be a perfect for our list with 2MP gone. No chance we trade that unless Crows put their future 1st on the table.

With list size cut , this year is the worse year to ask other club to split pick . Yes worse than 2018 draft .

Wait why would you guys not take Thilthorpe at 1? Who would you take instead?

Local elite KPF... surely you take that over Logan Mcdonald for example who is quite likely to return to WA at some point, just an unnecessary risk to take.

Wait why would you guys not take Thilthorpe at 1? Who would you take instead?

Local elite KPF... surely you take that over Logan Mcdonald for example who is quite likely to return to WA at some point, just an unnecessary risk to take.
Why would he return? Rubbish.

:

Harbrow replacement ?

Rhyan Mansell (Eagles – SANFL)

Position: General defender (182cm, 75kg)

Average Champion Data ranking points: 78

The Tasmanian product represented the Allies at the 2018 national carnival but quickly became a key member of the Eagles’ SANFL side, averaging 14.1 disposals and 5.7 intercepts. Mansell saved one of his best games for the SANFL grand final, racking up 19 touches, eight marks and five tackles. He’s put himself on the draft radar with his burst of pace and skills off half-back, as well as his toughness. Could thrive in an AFL club environment.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back