2nds 2020 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold coast were loaning out reserves players earlier in the year weren't they? As injury hit as North is right now it makes sense to need a few extras

Yeah, one of their midfielders that North are eyeing off played in their side.

COLLINGWOOD 3.1 5.6 8.9 10.11 (71)
BRISBANE 3.1 6.2 8.3 10.6 (66)

GOALS
Collingwood:
Broomhead 3, Tohill 3, Stephenson 2, Scharenberg, Lions fill in

Wonder who the fill in that cost us the win was... :mad::D

GOALS
Collingwood:
Broomhead 3, Tohill 3, Stephenson 2, Scharenberg, Phil Inn

EFA ;)

GOALS
Collingwood:
Broomhead 3, Tohill 3, Stephenson 2, Scharenberg, Lions fill in

How awful would Fill In have felt having to pull on that horrible Collingwood guernsey, probably broke in hives afterwards, hopefully none of his teeth fell out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pic 27 in the gallery from the match report. Unless I've made a serious boo-boo with regards to players of similar skin colour, that's Archie.
I didn’t look at the photos, I thought I would be mostly looking at Collingwood players? So I thought I’d give it a miss.

Pic 27 in the gallery from the match report. Unless I've made a serious boo-boo with regards to players of similar skin colour, that's Archie.
Are you sure it wasn't someone wearing blackface?

Maybe lioninthesand can check it out.

Archie is there in 7/40 as well.

Highlights on the Collingwood website - https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/vi...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1598174400001

Pretty damning that the Pies (albeit how much better resourced than us) can have quarter by quarter summary, a photo gallery and footage and we don't hear a peep...
yep, no defence the can make, not even money as it costs nothing for a couple mins video of a coach saying how they went. However, it is really good to shw the reserves up against quality opposition week in week out compared to last several years where the oppoisition was a non factor. Should be developing much quicker.

Article on Herald Sun.. So basically a EAST coast comp.
Be good for us

THE VFL will expand next year to take in the NEAFL.
After weeks of speculation, the AFL announced this afternoon that the NEAFL competition would be absorbed into the Victorian state league in 2021.

AFL clubs in Victoria, Queensland and NSW will be given three options for next year: to field their own teams, strike an alignment or spread their players across multiple clubs.

The AFL said second-tier football in 2021 would be a “year of transition’’ reflecting the impact of a reduced AFL soft cap, the level of AFL club investment and resources allocated to men’s and women’s football programs, any Player CBA revisions and any associated impact on player list sizes.

It said it would work towards ensuring greater alignment across all second-tier competitions and increase the alignment with talent programs in each state and territory.

The model for second-tier women’s football in Victoria is under review but it’s believed the VFLW season may be brought forward to operate at the same time as the AFLW.

The AFL is also making changes to the elite junior pathway, with the NAB League Boys and Girls to go from U16 and U18 Levels to U17 and U19 in 2021.

The draft age will remain at 18 for the AFL and AFLW competitions.

Would this indicate that the reduction in list size will be minimal or non-existant?

Would be strange to do this only for the reserves team to only be half AFL listed players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back